You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 19-07-08 23:42:10

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Open Golf

Didnt have much work on saturday, so spent a lot of time watching the golf.

Ive been a big fan of Greg Norman for a long time and its great to see he still has the talent there, even if he hasnt played golf for a long time.

I really hope he can hold out on Sunday and credit himself with another major. 

See what marriage has done...the mans on fire !!!

19-07-08 23:42:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Open Golf

#2 20-07-08 10:32:45

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

#3 20-07-08 13:43:47

john55
Verified Member

Greg's played superbly whatever happens today. would love to have seen how Tiger coped with the atrocious conditions they've had.

If you can't do it safely don't do it at all

#4 20-07-08 15:53:31

Gizmotime
Administrator

It's like watching Paint Dry, BORING  big_smile

Giz wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 20-07-08 18:04:16

driver69

Giz wink

I disagree, watching paint dry is much more entertaining  smile

#6 20-07-08 18:38:30

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Boring for non golf lovers maybe, but I was lovin it.

Its great to see that professionals can hit into bunkers and rough too!
Im a bit disappointed Greg didnt hold it for the last 9 holes, but I guess the lack of practice took its toll with his age.

Padraig played brilliant towards the end, and with the eagle on 16, was deserving winner. I cant remember the last time an over par score won.

Watch out for Woosnam next year...

#7 20-07-08 18:43:01

driver69

I`m just jealous Jonny, I once tried to play golf and was asked to leave the course. Well not so much asked, more ordered.

#8 20-07-08 19:17:14

megron
Verified Member

Would have loved to have seen Greg win it - looking forward to seeng him at the Seniors this week.......  Tickets all ready come rain or shine!!!!!  Nice to see Padraig win again though - more than happy as an Nothern Irish man won the Scottish open and an Irish man won the open  big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

#9 20-07-08 21:18:31

Leprechaun

well i've just sat in a very long very slow queue of traffic because of the golf  :x At one junction the police were periodically stopping the traffic on the main road across the top of the T junction and waving through LOADS of traffic from the side road  :x

And i agree golf is borrrrring  tongue tongue

#10 23-07-08 22:17:43

leslie
Verified Member
Website

Waste of a good walk! tongue

Leslie

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 24-07-08 12:01:30

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Some Aussies tend to sneer at Greg Norman because as soon as he arrived in USA he adopted a "very American accent".
Personally I like to see him win because he's a go-getter.

Golf is OK when you play it but...

...I disagree, watching paint dry is much more entertaining  smile

May I refer you a viable alternative - watching grass grow?
Plenty of movement, MUCH more excitement there!!!!

This is a bit off-topic from JonnyG's original point, but - there is a difference between playing sport and watching it.
E.g. I love driving, I love riding motorcycles, but I find car & bike races a bit boring especially if on TV (more atmosphere at the track but I don't bother to attend).

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#12 27-07-08 18:06:21

megron
Verified Member

Well I have to say that I have thoroughally enjoyed the golf and being lucky enough to live about 15 mins away from Royal Troon have been able to go and enjoy the atmosphere first hand.

I took my 2 children on Wednesday for the practice day and they got to see and meet top players which they both enjoyed. 

I didn't venture today as I knew it would be very busy and what with the heat and taking a 4 year old didn't think it was wise but all in all was a great few days and a very clean sport.......

Board footer