You are not logged in.

#1 29-03-05 15:07:43

Rog
Website

Just How Hard is the Part 2?

Well it's been 6 months now since I started my full time ADI training with LDC. I studied hard for my part 1 in Jan and past with a score of 100/64. Since then I've since been putting in 90 - 120 mins a day on my driving skills for my part 2 on the 14th of April. I'm at a stage now where I'm relatively confident and feel that I'm realistically at least 90% ready before I have my last 3 double lessons in the lead up to the big day.

My question is, just how hard, stringent, critical is the part 2 and what are the key points that I should be concerned about i.e obs, manoeuvres etc. Are the SE's 2 headed monsters with no compassion or are they as I've been told approachable and make you feel relatively at ease and take your nerves on the day into account?

The training I can get to grips with, it's the worry of the unknown on the day that's the problem  :?

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

29-03-05 15:07:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Just How Hard is the Part 2?

#2 29-03-05 15:19:22

Django

Don't worry regarding the SEs. they are very friendly and will give you loads of feed back after the test. If you do fail on the day they will give you loads of encouragement and advice on how to improve your chances.

Just show them how good a driver you are and you will have no probs.

#3 29-03-05 16:40:47

Peter Leigh
Verified Member

Yes the SE was great to me too. Good feedback afterwards . I am a very nervous guy so for me what worked was that I just took it as a normal drive nothing special , in my mind I told myself he's nothing special I'll show him what a good drive is. (and it worked)
best of luck.

#4 29-03-05 19:10:28

Iceman

Hi Rog,

I had the same experience on my pt2, the examiner was great, he relaxed me and made me feel comfortable.

The difference with the test , in my opinion, is that it`s normal good driving with ALL the details paid attention to..

Remember, he wants you to pass, he`s not there to catch you out, so no problem just show him how good you are.

Good luck
Iceman

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 30-03-05 08:40:17

Rauxaman

Rog wrote:

The training I can get to grips with, it's the worry of the unknown on the day that's the problem

That was exactly how I felt in the build up to my part 2 last week (passed). I had been practicing like mad and made sure that I could do a smooth professonal drive with accurate manouvres and good obs.

The SE was relaxed, friendly and surprisingly chatty. In fact I would have preferred him to have been less chatty as that is when (in my experience) the mistakes sneak in.

Also, I found myself being tempted to wind down in the last couple of miles heading back to the centre, especially as it was sunny and we were talking about the roads and driving etc... beware of this, don't chill out and don't forget that you are on test right until you turn off the engine in the car park.

Oh yes... a tip I took on board... look like you are serious about being a professional instructor, no jeans and baggy jumpers... I wore a blazer and crisp shirt... the first bite is with the eye as they say.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 30-03-05 22:03:34

Alibran

Rog wrote:

My question is, just how hard, stringent, critical is the part 2 and what are the key points that I should be concerned about i.e obs, manoeuvres etc. Are the SE's 2 headed monsters with no compassion or are they as I've been told approachable and make you feel relatively at ease and take your nerves on the day into account?

Just to agree with everyone else, the SE on my part 2 was very friendly and approachable.  We spent most of the test talking about non-driving related things, which I found helped me to relax - I just had to remember not to let the conversation distract me from my driving.

The only person who knows if there are particular points to be concerned about is you.  Do you have any areas you feel you're weak on?  If you do, practice them.  The SE will be looking at every aspect of your driving.

I suppose your driving does have to be to a high standard - everyone keeps telling me that.  Personally, I didn't find it difficult.  I just made sure I had my "DSA style driving" head on from the moment I walked out to the car to the moment I stopped the engine, and drove correctly and professionally and thoughtfully and didn't rush anything, and I passed comfortably.

As long as you make sure you're ready and that you know your driving is at the required standard, you'll have nothing to worry about.

#7 31-03-05 01:19:47

yeah_and_man

Think how you would want your learners to drive! and drive as if you were giving a demonstration.
After all, you will be teaching them to drive as you do!

#8 31-03-05 10:17:26

Rog
Website

Many thanks for to all those who at took the time to put forward their thoughts and experiences. I feel a lot better now, especially given the fact that I still have another 6 hours of tuition and approx 20 hours of practice before the test, so I'm quietly confident (touch wood and whistle  lol ).

Thanks again
Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

Board footer