You are not logged in.

#1 28-03-05 15:56:52

all_alps
Verified Member

Part 1 test coming saturday 2nd April

Hi, I have practised the Focus Hazard perception test CD Rom and also the DSA Road sense DVD. Is it true that the Focus clips are harder then actual DSA ones and also the ones in the exam? I am confident about the multiple choice exam, however i am a little edgy over the HPT. Can anyone help me?

28-03-05 15:56:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 1 test coming saturday 2nd April

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 28-03-05 16:37:34

Iceman

Hi all_alps,

Good luck on Saturday, Yes your right, the clips in the test are a lot clearer, they are taken from a camera on the roof of a vehicle and therefore you get a much better view of what is going on.

If you haven`t found them yet, they seem to be hidden, there are some sample DSA clips on the focus CD, but if I remember right, you only see them if you look at the CD through windows explorer.

As you know, the focus clips are rubbish, especially the night time ones.(in my opinion anyway)

The DSA clips are more realistic as well.

The if your confident of the Questions you will be fine, the displsy in the test is almost identical to the focus CD, I felt really at home when I saw it.

One tip, take your time (theres plenty of it) and read and understand the questions before answering.

I know thats sounds obvious but on a few, a glance at the question can make the wrong answer look right.

The very best of luck
Iceman

#3 28-03-05 16:52:49

all_alps
Verified Member

Hey Iceman, Many Thanks.

You are right the focus CD is really bad.
When i am practicing i seem to get chucked out of a few clips for clicking all the time. Problem is i wasnt!!! So i think i better practice even more...

#4 28-03-05 18:59:07

luchell

just make sure you dont double click like you would using a computer mouse that locks you out. the car travels slowlt in the dsa clips and they are very clear. but make sure youve clicked within the scoring window take a look at the other hpt posts on the forum. good luck let us know how it goes.xx

#5 28-03-05 20:54:04

all_alps
Verified Member

Many Thanks Luchell. How do you know when the scoring window is open. I ask this because in some clips i have clicked and got a 3, and there is no way you could click any earlier. Are the clips in the exam completely different to the ones on the Roadsense DVD by the DSA?

Board footer