You are not logged in.

#1 05-07-08 22:11:41

Super Mario

Car free world

Just imagine in the future we lived in a world where there were no cars?  Does anybody here think they could go car free and live that's right live without their cars for one day or even a week. Obviously for ADI'S it would be harder because they rely on their cars for their business.  Cos I've been thinking it might come to that ie cars will become excinct and then we'll have to walk everwhere.  NOOOOOOOOOOOO. lol lol  Even although I'm still learning to drive I'm looking forward to buying my first car and driving it around. I love cars but the thought of not being able to jump in the car and go makes me rather sad because it gives you independance.  Does anyone it will actually come to this?

05-07-08 22:11:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Car free world

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 05-07-08 22:42:24

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

I doubt it would ever be car free....but maybe in the future ADI's will be using tardis type vehicles to instruct in  :?  tongue

#3 06-07-08 11:10:14

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Yes, I'd love to go car free.

I spend much of my time encouraging people to use alternative methods to get from A to B. It really isn't hard if you organise your life right, but this organisation sometimes takes a while to put in place!

It really all depends on how you view things - I dislike the laziness associated with the car, it promotes a lack of planning in how people live because if they need something they can just jump in their car and do it. By planning things, you can get a lot of stuff done without it, by using the internet, living near where you work and with cycles and public transport.

I may never be car free, but I can easily forsee a time in the near future when my annual mileage (as a working instructor) will be less than 5k a year.

#4 06-07-08 12:08:24

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

What?
Not have a car on tap whenever it is needed?
Let me think about it...

Aaaarrgh!!!!

BTW Tim I notice you are happy to go without wheels but not the internet??  big_smile

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#5 06-07-08 12:30:29

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Now that's a different matter entirely!

However, the internet can be run on sustainably produced energy, something which is currently extremely hard to do with vehicles.

There are big issues with the environmental problems of building modern electrical equipment, but the damage to the environment from building a pc is much lower than that of building a car I suspect (though I'm open to being pursuaded otherwise).

I just try to follow a principle that with modern technology we should be able to run the world more efficiently and with less effort, while reducing our impact on limited resources.

I'm just about getting there after a few years of hard work.

Board footer