You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 25-06-08 11:43:34

standon11
Verified Member

role play check test today

well guys i had my first check test today after spending the last 18 months dreading the postman delivering the letter.anyway i can say i spent the last 18 months worrying about nothing.

i decided to choose role play for today & i have to say that the examiner was absolutely fantastic & really tried to help me relax today.

the subject chosen was meet situations,giving adequate clearance & anticipation of other road users.

anyway after test the examiner said it was very nice & a good change for someone to choose a difficult topic especially with a role play situation & awarded me a solid grade 5 & said i should be very proud for someone of my limited experience.

she also said she hoped work would pick up for me (quiet at mo) as she thought i was a good instructor.

i am very happy with my grade but more pleased with the positive comments made by the examiner & it has given me the boost of confidence i sorely needed.

25-06-08 11:43:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: role play check test today

#2 25-06-08 12:52:12

AndyBerry

Well done on a truly excellent result!!

Andy

#3 25-06-08 19:20:42

SMILE
Verified Member
Website

Well done!  Good result  big_smile

I'm in a similar situation, been qualified since Aug 06 and still no CT!  Got a phone call last week for a short notice one but couldnt do it, wish I could in some ways, so I can stop dreading it!

Once again, well done

www.smiledrivingschool.com
Lessons in and around Northamptonshire

#4 25-06-08 20:10:15

la.monikita
Verified Member

Well done!
excellent result, being positive is the only way forward.

Don't worry work is always up/down, if you realise that whatever happens you'll deal with it in a positive way and it's no longer so bad. So go and put some of your spare time to some good use!
Best of luck!

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#5 06-07-08 15:43:34

fidel
Verified Member
Website

well done!!

#6 06-07-08 23:18:50

HereComesTrouble

Top man! Another vote for the role-play Check test then! 10/10 for attitude. That is what will help you succeed. big_smile

#7 06-07-08 23:31:07

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

nice one mate - role play everytime for me as well

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#8 09-07-08 12:47:03

Manda
Verified Member

Well done you!!  My letter finally turned up - got my ct begining of August.  I've also elected for role play; it's a really good insight reading peoples experiences here.

Manda

#9 09-07-08 13:45:15

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Belated congrats chris! Well done  big_smile
My letter arrived today, before i decide whether to use a pupil or role play can u tell me did u chose the subject or was it given to u on the day?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 09-07-08 13:46:06

VandADI
Administrator

Belated congrats chris! Well done  big_smile
My letter arrived today, before i decide whether to use a pupil or role play can u tell me did u chose the subject or was it given to u on the day?

Have a look at your letter.  YOU can choose the subject.

#11 09-07-08 13:47:08

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

wow speedy reply thanks vanda....i shall be reading it carefully later  big_smile

#12 09-07-08 20:38:26

standon11
Verified Member

to all who have a ct coming up.now as this was my first ct i can only go on my own experiences.

i personally found the role play situation (on this ocassion)very easy.i really don't understand people who slag off the role play especially if they have never tried it on c/t.

i found the role play far more relaxing than part 3.the examiners mistakes were a little more subtle than on a part 3 but still very obvious.things i must have missed when giving q & a at the beginning were obviously noted by the examiner as she asked me loads of questions on the lesson.

the examiner on my c/t played someone nearing test standard & to her credit did not try to pull off any stupid stunts like a so called test standard pupil i had for part 3 once,her mistakes were small mistakes like a few missed mirror checks,a little fast on approach to meeting situations & just a little close to parked cars at times all in all she role played very well and realistically for someone supposed to be at nearly test standard that's the reason i coped well with the role play i think.

she told me afterewards that she always plays someone at test standard to which i commented on my bad experience on a part 3 where the examiner played a test standard pupil yet pulled of every serious mistake you would expect from a total beginner to which she replied 'any examiner who is supposed to be playing a test standard pupil would need there arse kicking if they tried to pull off loads of silly mistakes'.

i was also told my appearance was very pleasent to see judging by some of the scrubbers that turn up for a c/t,i wore a shirt & trousers which i never normally do but she said it made me look more like an instructor should if you want to be taken seriously so iv'e decided to dress a little smarter from now on.

after my c/t she said thanks for not choosing a manouvre as she's sick of em & that she finds that some instructors struggle with conversation on these topics as it doesn't flow very well & that there is usually very auqward silences whilst doing mano's.my advise would be not to do a mano on role play but that's just my opinion based on what my examiner thought of doing them.

#13 09-07-08 23:08:54

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

nice outcome stan. well done! a load of your mind now i guess  big_smile

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#14 10-07-08 09:06:59

standon11
Verified Member

cheers keith it is a load off my mind.need to concentrate on the very difficult task of getting my phone to ring now.

when you really think about it the check tests,part 3 etc are easy in comparison to making a business work.iv'e been very guilty of worrying more about check tests than my business & need to build it up quickly without the silly offers i see available from some.

although i'm pleased with my grade 5 it unfortunately means squat to joe public,if i'd got a grade 6 it wouldn't make a difference to business niether.the public only seem interested in price & nothing else.

Board footer