You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 09-06-08 22:23:13

abrocky
Verified Member
Website

Check test

Keep changing my mind on what my topic should be for my check test.

would it be acceptable to complete a lesson on filling up the car at the petrol station, talking about hazards before hand... allowing them to even go and pay at the counter?  Then following on to some other checks, such as checking the tyre pressure, coolant etc - which can be found at most petrol stations - linking to the show me tell me?

09-06-08 22:23:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check test

#2 10-06-08 06:59:04

VandADI
Administrator

I guess you could combine this with another subject out on the road as the SE wants to see your instructional ability rather than pulled up in a petrol station, I can just imagine a big yawn coming from the back seat and a low grade - go for something a bit meaty that you can get your teeth stuck into out on the road  wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 10-06-08 07:36:28

evanadi

would it be acceptable to complete a lesson on filling up the car at the petrol station, talking about hazards before hand... allowing them to even go and pay at the counter?

It would be more acceptable and make a lot more sense to carry the lesson on from where you left off last lesson. Wherever your pupil is on the syllabus is what you should aiim to teach next.

It makes it much easier for you and a lot easier for the pupil, remember, they are the ones who are there to learn, the person in the back is just there observing how you teach and marking it accordingly.

Ev

#4 10-06-08 12:20:21

neil8181
Verified Member

I have my first one on monday and was getting really worked up over it.

I then thought about logically:

I have a girl who's not quite test standard but needs some work on dual carrageways. She responds really well to me so I'm going to use her and that topic.

I think it's best to choose the pupil first, then choose the topic.

I'm confident, I always use aims and obs then Q&A. I know a good route & will Q&A well along the way.
I will go through all the core compentences when needed.

Then will debrief at the end.

Sounds easy eh tongue

Anyone argue with that?

Am I under estimating it?

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#5 10-06-08 13:49:21

hector
Verified Member
Website

Yes!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#6 10-06-08 14:45:30

neil8181
Verified Member

elaborate please big_smile

I've heard everyone say to just treat it like a normal lesson, so that's what I'm doing. :angel:

Approved Driving Instructor
DSA Grade 6 Fleet Registered
A1 Assessor
NVQ Level 3 in Driving Instruction
Ambassador for BRAKE
ROSPA Gold

#7 10-06-08 18:54:55

abrocky
Verified Member
Website

yeah... think i am reading into it too much... just take it like a normal lesson and i should be fine... thanks

Board footer