You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-06-08 21:32:40

Luchell
Verified Member

Hayfever!! GRRRRRRRRR

Most of my pupils seem to be starting to suffer very obviously, just the same as i seem to be. Anybody suffer? I'm sure there are lots of us, anything anyone recommends to try? I take antihistimines but none are ever enough to make it any more comfortable!  :x

Most years I get a steroid jab from my gp since as the strongest antihistimines you can get don't touch it from the Drs! It's a good whack of steroids and used to be far more commonly used, it has really really helped me in past years although Gps are reluctant to prescribe it since as it's licence has been taken now meaning Gps can no longer give it to help hayfever but somehow mine gave in last year. I had to chuckle when i found out why  lol Her reply was 'Well I happened to be behind you on a lesson last week and personally if you cannot stop sneezing frankly i don't want to be near you or anyone for that matter when you are out teaching or driving or both!   lol

So rant over, but how do you guys manage hayfever?

06-06-08 21:32:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hayfever!! GRRRRRRRRR

#2 07-06-08 04:44:49

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

I too suffer with this dreaded annoying condition.....
i take the one a day tablets from tesco, they work a treat, although by about 8.00pm i start getting itchy eyes, as they start to wear off.
90p a packet far cheaper than some of the top brands, and as my sister in law told me (pharmaceutical rep) they have the same ingredients!

#3 07-06-08 05:26:46

hector
Verified Member
Website

I too suffer, or should I say my wife does..........................................

4 o clock every morning sneezing and moaning

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#4 07-06-08 13:55:25

johnp
Verified Member

Hi lurchell,
I think we have talked about this in previous years.

I used to be extremely bad. Once hospitalised for 2 weeks.
Would sneeze for days.
Now much better. Less sensitive in my old age.
I now use Fexofenadine   Seem Ok. 

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 07-06-08 14:09:25

VandADI
Administrator

I too suffer, or should I say my wife does..........................................

4 o clock every morning sneezing and moaning

I take it you do the sneezing and your wife does the moaning.  tongue

#6 07-06-08 19:28:05

hector
Verified Member
Website

No she does both  big_smile big_smile big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#7 07-06-08 19:36:22

Luchell
Verified Member

Yes Fexofenadine also known as telfast  is the strongest you can get, only gps can give you it as you would know. What made me laugh when i was nursing was our house offices prescribing themselve telfast where they were so rough! Do you use the 120mg or 180? I got given the stronger one in the end but it still wasn't enough!

#8 07-06-08 19:41:00

martyn48

The filter in modern air con units can be modified (if not already good enough) to filter pollen. This can go some way towards helping out.

Pirotin helped me a few years ago, I had it bad, happily it seems to have gone now, probably couldn't get on with my constitution!

Martyn

#9 11-06-08 20:48:50

starlight_

I'm not this year!! sad I'm pretty close to scratching my eyes out despite sunglasses, eye drops and antihistimines. Sneezing fits like I've never had before, running out of ideas, I've had to abandon my car on several occasions in the last few weeks when driving became impossible. I'm hoping my new GP can suggest something. Trust me to move to the country wink lol.

I blinking passed, at last!! smile 19/03/08 - OMG I've been driving a year! Sold Betty & haven't stopped sobbing since....

#10 11-06-08 21:45:23

Leprechaun

I think i'm suffering with hayfever this year too sad

Thankfully mine isn't too bad, i'm taking normal antihistamines and it only really seems to kick off badly when i go running on a sunday morning - well i will run round a park   roll big_smile

#11 12-06-08 14:38:23

Target
Verified Member
Website

The wifes got it big time. Been trying out new stuff. Pills do nothing, so Doctor Keith advised to stop popping a pill which does not work.

Now her eyes seem slightly positioned oddly. Doc Keith checked and both eyes have this clear film of tissue over them. Doc Keith can do no more, nor does it seem the doctors at the clinic.

She seem to get worse each year, closeing windows at night so im steaming hot, difuser in bedroom, and difuser thing stuck up nose.

Docs advised shower before bed and wash hair.

Maybe its the milder weather, and we live in a pritty leafy area considering its London.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#12 12-06-08 16:34:23

~Sam~
Website

I've had it pretty bad for the last couple of days, the tablets don't seem to help much anymore. sad

[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/-sam-allen/Forum%20stuff/forumuserbar.gif[/img]

SG:KC

#13 16-06-08 13:36:44

Luchell
Verified Member

I've had no choice today but to cancel all lessons  yikes :x Went to bed really early feeling like i was either getting flu or i didn't no what. My eyes are really swollen making it hard to see and my nose is bunged solid and swollen  neutral I'm sat with my new family......... 4 boxes of tissues with aloe vera because without my nose gets stupidly red! I've had all windows etc shut, not been outside and washed everything that can be washed to get any trapped pollen off. Waiting on the Dr calling me back but there's not much they can do these days   roll neutral

Board footer