You are not logged in.

#1 03-06-08 09:52:36

nickybrom22

Failed again 2nd time round!!

I had my second test on 30th may the test was goin well till i messed up on a T junction I new what i did wrong
but still got a fail with no minors so it would have been a clean sheet am proper gutted but ive put in for it again hopefully third time lucky!! neutral

03-06-08 09:52:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed again 2nd time round!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 03-06-08 20:29:28

purrfectsystems
Verified Member
Website

Don't worry too much, I failed my 1st attempt over 30 years ago, I still remember the place and circumstances, but one thing for sure, I remember my pass a lot more smile

#3 03-06-08 20:47:00

Shazzer

If you know what you did you can avoid it, no minors is good! better luck next time.

#4 03-06-08 21:05:58

purrfectsystems
Verified Member
Website

Hey Shazzer, nice cat, does he/she crawl al over your face at 0500 in the morning like ours does? smile

#5 03-06-08 21:21:42

Shazzer

She is a vibro cat, only purrs at 4.30 so loud its like a lawnmower, and she sleeps on my head!
I failed my first test on Sat, 3 minors 1 serious.

#6 03-06-08 21:32:36

purrfectsystems
Verified Member
Website

3 minors is pretty good Shazzer, we are all human, best to make the serious on your driving test than later when you are on your own, I'm sure it's meant for a good reason, perhaps even to help you to learn to stay alive, good luck on your next attempt, take care

#7 04-06-08 23:15:56

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Hiya Nicky,

Such bad luck, BUT....we all need to overcome these hurdles to make us a better person in the end (and i should know ive been over more hurdles than red rum!)

You've taken the first step to success and not letting this fail make you give up...learn from the previous tests and go get that license....no minors and but a fail is so annoying when it's obvious you are already at a high standard & you knew what you'd done wrong.

Stay positive & even more determined  big_smile

Good luck & keep us posted!

#8 05-06-08 02:33:57

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Not to rub it in Nicky but yesterday was my 28th aniversary of passing my driving test 2nd mind you and look at me now - a driving instructor!

What did you do at a T Junction? I failed at a T Junction first time around in Southport as I pulled out and this car was coming over the hill fast and the examiner dueled me. I knew from there on that I failed.

I thought I failed my 2nd go as I tried to do a turn in the road with the handbreak on and stalled 3 times but I passed.

O well 3rd time lucky and all that.
Cheers
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#9 05-06-08 13:32:57

nickybrom22

Thanks for the encouragment fingers crossed i will have to try an control my nerves!

#10 05-06-08 13:33:58

nickybrom22

Thanks for ya support fingers crossed for next time will let ya no how i get on !

#11 06-06-08 00:22:22

DEE

Hiya Nicky

OK I failed my 1st three tests
My 1st one I had only a couple of minors and failed because I rolled a couple of inches on a hill start. I hit the break but the Ex did at the same time so I failed  sad
The 2nd I failed with only 1 minor for not driving to the speed limit on a NSL road even though I didnt think it was a safe speed for that road   roll
My 3rd I failed because a car reversed out of a drive in front of me like a bat out of hell and I had to do an emergency stop. The Ex said I should have seen it (even though he didnt!!) I only had a couple of minors on that test too.
I passed my 4th attempt with 10 minors!!!!
The most minors I had in all my tests and I passed!!!!!!
A no driver fault drive is a brilliant drive. Im sure that next time you will do it
Just hang on in there
when you get that pass certificate it will all be worth it believe me
I was sooooooooooooooooo close to giving up
If it hadnt been for certain members on here (you know who you are) I would have given up

Keep it up
You WILL get there

Oh and a tip that helped me
Keep your test date a secret
It really does help with the nerves

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#12 06-06-08 16:45:34

William Ingram
Verified Member
Website

When I took my test Oct 80, the examiner slamed on the brakes along a narrow road (Coatsworth Road, Gateshead). The examiner then said, 'Carry on.' When we arrived back at the centre (whereabouts in Gateshead at the time I don't know) the highway code question were asked, 'What would you do if a car door was opening,' said the examiner. 'Eh! warn the driver,' I said. 'Then why the f**k didn't you then!' I passed first time.

I am now a Driving Instructor and I had a 33 year old female on test and she bay parked across two bays, she passed. I am still puzzled as to why.

The key to passing any practical test is to learn to stay calm with your driving instructor and don't let anyone immiate you on the road.

C&G PTILL 7303
NCFE Accountancy and BookKeeping
IAM Instructor
Present L3 BTEC Certificate in Life Coaching

#13 09-06-08 17:20:54

cat
Verified Member

hey

its not a fail its a delayed pass u did really well no minors wow

will keep my fingers crossed for you for next time u can do it go get that licence girl

get one more safe driver on the road

and in 83 i failed my test twice passed on the third time round test was not like it is now but i remember the feeling to this day when i failed and when i passed and (cough) yrs down the line im a driving instructor

cath

Black Cat Driving School

catherine685@btinternet.com

#14 14-06-08 11:46:18

m2811

i had my first test at 30th may as well, and i failed . i think that was bad day for us. DONT GIVE UP!!!!!

#15 16-06-08 22:06:30

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

i wont let her  big_smile and she knows it  :evil:

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#16 16-06-08 22:12:45

DEE

i wont let her  big_smile and she knows it  :evil:

Good on ya Keith

She will thank you in the end  big_smile

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png