You are not logged in.

#1 30-05-08 22:36:59

Snuggs

Steering...

i know everyone is taught the "pass the steering wheel through your hands" technique and the 10 and 2 hand positions (which i stick by)...but i dont pay too much attention to my steering during my lessons, i don't dismiss it so much that i cross my arms or anything, but i've also never been pulled up on it...is this something the examiner would pick up on?

I've had seven 1 hour lessons with my new instructor (who is brilliant) and a previous 6 hours with another instructor who never took me off the estate and confused me to death. Would anyone be able to give me a rough indication of how i'm doing if i listed the things i've done and can do well? I know you're going to say "ask you're instructor" but i always forget after a hard tiring lesson!
Thanks alot.

x

30-05-08 22:36:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Steering...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 31-05-08 07:21:17

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Hi  Snuggs
An Examiner will mark your steering if he sees you losing control while turning because you cross your hands or let the wheel slip through your hands. It is a value Judgment but I have had a student fail because he hit the kerb when going round a corner because he let the wheel slip through his hands.

Sorry there is no hard & fast rules as to how well a student does. For example take 2 of my students  the first only needed 10 hours of lessons before passing. The other took 2 years of approximately 2 hours a week before passing.

Every student is different thank goodness.  Why not ask your Instructor at the beginning of the lesson so you can work on the current week pionts if you have any?

To give you a guide have a look at my training matrix to see some of the things you will need to do to pass your test.

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

#3 31-05-08 09:58:44

ExAdiNigel

The examiner doesn't really care about how you steer, provided you retain control.  You can be failed for hitting the kerb, regardless of the method you use.

At the end of the day, it's the driver's face that gets mashed up when the airbag goes off and the driver's arm is across the wheel!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#4 02-06-08 09:50:59

Snuggs

Ah thankyou very much for the help! x

Board footer