You are not logged in.

#1 17-05-08 18:24:21

Mcshadaw
Verified Member

Need a fresh start somewhere new - where should I move to????

Hi all

This may seem like a strange post....but bear with me!
I'm about to sell my house following a split with my boyfriend (some 12 months ago now and still very good friends).  I currently live in Peterborough, works great, but I hate the place, don't have a great deal keeping me here, so feel like a fresh start.....what the hell, I've no kids, so why stay??

....but where....I've been thinking maybe Norwich, but don't know what it's like....I'm a village/country girl at heart, but appreciate I need to be somewhere near a city for all those lovely learners....would you recommend where you live???

Dawny

17-05-08 18:24:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Need a fresh start somewhere new - where should I move to????

#2 17-05-08 18:36:40

den676
Verified Member

You're very advanced for a 1 year old Dawn  lol lol

Think Nottingham might be a bit big for you  lol lol

#3 17-05-08 18:46:56

Mcshadaw
Verified Member

He he!  No, Notts, not for me!

#4 18-05-08 00:48:41

AndyBerry

Why? Notts is great!

#5 18-05-08 07:55:41

DampDog
Verified Member

New zealand?

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#6 18-05-08 16:04:15

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Scotland. There is plenty of Country side there. Then when you do ahve children, they wont speand a fortune in UNI fees.

But New Zealand does sound better if distance really isnt a problem. My hubby and I had the apportunity to move there a few years ago, but didnt because of Family etc, so wish we had of now though, as you get so much more for your money over there, and this country just takes takes takes...  :x

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

#7 18-05-08 19:19:20

hector
Verified Member
Website

New Zealand every time, your qualification is recognised there, lets be honest what does the UK have to offer?

Drugs,drink,thugs,taxes,crap weather,overcrowded,expensive. Bizarly everyone else from god knows where wants to come here!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 18-05-08 20:38:45

den676
Verified Member

New Zealand every time, your qualification is recognised there, lets be honest what does the UK have to offer?

Drugs,drink,thugs,taxes,crap weather,overcrowded,expensive. Bizarly everyone else from god knows where wants to come here!

There was a prog about immigrants the other day and a lot of them want to go elesewhere  lol lol

#9 18-05-08 20:58:51

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

As cat8t3 says, think about Scotland, in addition to UNI fees you will soon have free prescriptions and once you are old you can benefit from free care for the elderly.
Plenty of nice villages and some are quite close to bigger towns and cities.

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#10 22-05-08 10:34:15

*kayla*

sunny old kent

im sooo addicted to cash call shows! lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 22-05-08 10:44:37

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

...Drugs,drink,thugs,taxes,crap weather,overcrowded,expensive...

I was going to suggest Australia but I see you've already described it in some detail (yes even the overcrowding).

In olden days all Aussie homes had huge front & back yards but these days it is all "estates" with houses crowded eaves to eaves. You stand out front rubbing shoulders with your neighbours while gazing out across hundreds (even thousands) of kilometres of land with almost no human habitation at all.

For "crap weather", insert: "extreme heat & UV rays which rot fabric, cause eye disease and make one's skin look old before its time".

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer