You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 01-05-08 00:38:42

DEE

Car crash today...............UPDATED WITH PICS

Hiya all

Today I had a car crash
It wasnt my fault tho
I was sat in a queue at traffic lights when all of a sudden a stupid woman who wasnt paying attention slammed into the back of Zaffy  :cry:
Im just glad that I had my handbrake on and I had left a pretty big gap between me and the lorry in front of me. It was loaded with scaffold poles that were sticking out of the back.  yikes When she slammed into me I was pushed forwards even though I had my handbrake on and stopped just short of the poles.

I got out to speak to the woman whom I must admit was quite pleasant. Exchanged details and then looked at my poor car.........Zaffys back end is all smashed in  :cry:
The boot isnt shut properly but wont open or push shut properly so the alarm keeps going off. She is in a real mess. I was shaking really bad and crying when I saw the state of the car. The woman offered to drive me home as I was in such a state and by this time my back and neck were hurting a little. I declined the lift home as I didnt want to leave Zaffy at the side of the road. So the woman followed me home to make sure I got home ok which was quite nice of her and promised to ring me at 2.30 once she had rang her insurance comp. She did ring me and told me that she had rang her insurance and admitted full responsiblity. They then rang me and told me the same.
My insurance comp rang the garage and they picked up Zaffy. I now have a courtesy car till she is either mended or wrote off. I have a citreon piccaso as a courtesy car. It is quite nice. It is brand new 08 plate with only 28 miles on the clock when it was delivered. Its quite nice to drive to. I took it just around the block. And its an automatic. 1st time I had ever driven one  big_smile

I have been to the hospital and have been diagnosed with whiplash and bruising to my shoulder from the seatbelt. They also did x rays of my neck and shoulder. Im ok but very sore on my neck shoulder and across my back. It was aching just after the accident but now im really really sore. And the Dr at the hospital really made me feel better when he piped up that it will feel worse before it feels better. sad :cry:

Lets just hope that Zaffy can be repaired and be back home with me soon

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

01-05-08 00:38:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Car crash today...............UPDATED WITH PICS

#2 01-05-08 00:58:46

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

get in that v.hot bath a recommenfed earlier   :rolleyes:and take it easy  big_smile zaffy did her job - took the knock? at least you are still here  big_smile

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#3 01-05-08 04:13:07

ExAdiNigel

Hi Dee,

Glad to hear you're not too bad and that the other woman has admitted liability so, hopefully, the insurance process wont take too long.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#4 01-05-08 07:23:33

Lynne
Verified Member

Poor you.  Glad you're ok and hopefully don't feel any worse today. What a shock and thank goodness you had the foresight to leave a larger gap between you and scaffold man  yikes

#5 01-05-08 14:38:24

pegasus
Verified Member

hi Dee

One little tip I give people for when waiting at the end of a queue as "Tail End Charlie".

Keep checking your mirrors, if you see someone approaching, possibly a bit fast or, as you say, not paying attention, then put the footbrake back on to light up the back of your car; it might wake them up to the situation a bit earlier and it will give you a 4 wheel grip on the road instead of just the rear wheels.

I also warn people about the additional dangers of overhanging loads because although you may well be able to see T and T it is possible to still be too close for safety.

Well done for being far enough back and never be afraid to leave too much space, as my RoADA examiner told me "More Tarmac can't be Too Much".

#6 01-05-08 21:23:33

Shazzer

Oh Dee poor Zaffy and poor you. sad A colleague had the same on Friday, someone shunt her up the rear, and she felt fine all weekend until she woke up Monday and couldn't move, she couldn't get a GP app till today and he was nasty to her, 'well what do you want me to do'  :x
Hope Zaffy and you are both ok soon, and don't let it knock you. <hugs>

#7 01-05-08 21:51:32

hector
Verified Member
Website

Done a pass plus extra tonight in Stafford. 11 very enthusiastic new drivers all participated well in the course.

On the way home Stafford to Uttoxeter, christ all the 'expeirenced ' drivers 7 different vehicles overtook on the white line in horrendous places all risking theirs and others lives to save a few seconds.

Glad your okay Dee, metals repairable at the end of the day!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#8 01-05-08 22:07:45

den676
Verified Member

AGAIN??  yikes

Don't ppl like Zaffy??  :? :?  yikes

Hope ya feel better soon Dee  lol lol

#9 01-05-08 22:13:52

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Awwwwwwwwwww No!!!   roll
Glad ur ok i know what whiplash is like and it doesnt really set in til few days after.....take it easy for a while (which i kno isnt easy for u!) BUT DO IT!

#10 01-05-08 22:41:46

DEE

Hi All

Thanks for the replys

Well today I am feeling like s**t
I cant turn my head at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the whole of my back is really sore  sad

I am doped up on painkillers at the moment
Not that they are really helping much

Hopefully tomorrow will be better   roll

But on the plus side the courtesy car I have is lovely
Even if it is an automatic.....Drove it to work this morning and managed fine in it
Not bad considering I had never driven an automatic lol

Thanks everyone for the replys
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day

Dee

event.png

#11 03-05-08 11:33:07

DEE

Hi all

Well I am still feeling crap  sad
Still cant really move my head
and my back is very sore

BUT I do have some good news..........Zaffy can be repaired  big_smile
Gonna be quite a big job apparently and very expensive.....BUT I dont care
The silly womans insurance will be paying for it....I hope her premiums go through the roof ...(oh thats cruel!!)   roll

The garage says she needs 3 new panals on the back...a new door....and 2 new seats in the back

BUT she is coming home  big_smile

The car I have as a replacement is very posh and shiny and brand new but Im not really keen on it
Its an automatic and im used to manual.....But it will get me from A to B so will stick with it till Zaffy comes home to mummy  lol

Dee

The pics were taken at the scene and dont really show all the damage but gives you a rough idea

event.png

#12 03-05-08 22:25:33

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Nice to see zaffy isn't a total right off Dee, and I hope you're soon feeling better.

kjs

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 03-05-08 22:26:23

DEE

Nice to see zaffy isn't a total right off Dee, and I hope you're soon feeling better.

kjs

Thanks Kevin
Im just glad that she will be coming home

Dee

event.png

#14 04-05-08 13:16:51

DEE

Hello All  smile

Ok today im feeling really crap
Not slept again and still cant turn my head  sad
My neck back and shoulders are really hurting and im doped up on painkillers and muscle relaxants to no avail

Hopefully I will feel better soon

Dee

event.png

#15 06-05-08 13:50:46

DEE

Hi all

Got my courtesy car changed today
To another Zafira  big_smile
Just couldnt get on with the automatic....I kept reaching for the gear stick and trying to press the clutch that isnt there!!!  roll

So today I was delivered a Zafira....Its not Zaffy but its the next best thing

Dee

event.png

#16 08-05-08 19:59:05

hector
Verified Member
Website