You are not logged in.

#1 27-04-08 06:34:15

ExAdiNigel

ADI and Fleet Check Tests

Just been reading through the 'Straight Sixes' thread, especially the posts from Hector & Big Red about which check test to sit.  This brought to mind the question,  Why shouldn't we have to sit both?  1 for teaching learners and 1 for fleet?  Possibly, better still, make the two badges totally independent?  I have heard some fleet trainers claim they would struggle, big time, to teach a learner, so why not allow trainers to hold a fleet badge without having to have a green badge too?  Those that want to remain active in both arenas should then be check tested for both!

I hate any form of testing so wouldn't relish having to sit 2 check tests, but I think it would be an improvement. 

Any thoughts?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

27-04-08 06:34:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI and Fleet Check Tests

#2 27-04-08 10:12:03

Lynne
Verified Member

Err someone told me  (he knows who he is ) that if you register for fleet your C/T would automatically be for fleet and not learners.   Have I got it completely ar$e about face again?  (as I do with most things   rollbig_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 27-04-08 12:27:50

whodareswins
Verified Member

If you do the ADI check test you also have to do a Fleet Check Test, but if you opt for Fleet check test thats only one you need to do. Thats how DSA explained it to me when I took Check Test in 2006.

If you are Fleet registered, you MUST do a Fleet check test. The grade you receive also becomes your ADI grade.

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#4 27-04-08 12:36:55

Dimmy

If you are registered for fleet you can OPT for an ADI check test or a Fleet Check test (according to my check test invite letter).

HOWEVER,
If you opt for an ADI check test 1st, you will have to carry out a seperate Fleet Check test when the seperate invite arrives, to maintain your Fleet badge.

If you elect to do the Fleet Check test 1st, you are exempted from the requirement to also do the ADI Check Test.

#5 27-04-08 20:36:15

hector
Verified Member
Website

There is real confusion here, the DSA seem most confused of all suprisingly. Or not suprisingly

The DSA head of fleet assured me that you could only do a fleet C/T if on the register and it was up to you to inform the SE conducting the test.
A green badge C/T would be worthless and irrelevant as Fleet is the higher qualification. But then many ADI's are being told they can do either.
It definitely is the case you MUST do a fleet C/T if on the register. But seemingly SE's do not realise this? It was initially the case most SE's hadnt  received the training to carry out Fleet C/T hence being able to do either.
The DSA are not in the market to have to carry out 2!

6 years for me- DSA have you lost my address! I have paid my registration fee? What do I get for my £300.00?

In answer to your question Nigel apparently you can do both! But I know of no one who has!

Someone i know did an ordinary one when on the fleet register (3 years ago and guess what still waiting for the fleet one!)

Someone I know has done 6 years and still not had a fleet one big_smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 27-04-08 20:39:47

whodareswins
Verified Member

If you are registered for fleet you can OPT for an ADI check test or a Fleet Check test (according to my check test invite letter).

HOWEVER,
If you opt for an ADI check test 1st, you will have to carry out a seperate Fleet Check test when the seperate invite arrives, to maintain your Fleet badge.

If you elect to do the Fleet Check test 1st, you are exempted from the requirement to also do the ADI Check Test.

Sorry, this is completely wrong. Please read my previous post.

The check test invitation letter is "generic" in nature. I believe (from memory) that it asks you to state if you are fleet registered. This is so that an appropriately qualified DTAM can be assigned.

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#7 27-04-08 20:51:11

hector
Verified Member
Website

It is wrong Percy your spot on as usual, but i know of several ADI's on the Fleet register who have been told they can do the green C/T whilst on the fleet register.
And one who managed to cancel a check test for Fleet (After he qualified on fleet) as he had only recently achieved a six on a green C/T. The exainer in question told him he didnt need to do another!

All down presumably im my opinion to the DSA's apparent lack of interest in a register which isnt complulsory to offer fleet training.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Board footer