You are not logged in.

#1 21-04-08 20:15:17

Shazzer

what would happen? hit on your test

What would happen if you were rear ended on your test? Would you just pull over and get details? What if they drove off? and what if the car was un-drivable afterwards??  neutral

Random question but these things keep me up at night!!

21-04-08 20:15:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: what would happen? hit on your test

#2 21-04-08 20:33:18

pedigreemalc
Verified Member

the simple answer is the test would be terminated if the examiner thought that in the car MAY be damaged and also the pupil may be in a state and too afraid to carry on in these cases you would be given another test without paying. obviously get the details of the other vehicle if they stop if not, hopefully if you have any of the details of the other vehicle your instructor would probably inform the police who hopefully can locate the owner

been there done that got the t`shirt

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 26-04-08 17:30:20

infectedcat

What would happen if you were rear ended on your test? Would you just pull over and get details? What if they drove off? and what if the car was un-drivable afterwards??  neutral

Random question but these things keep me up at night!!

you should ask yourself is what im saying above normal?

am i being just a tad paranoid?

& what are the chances of that actually happening?

if a 15 year old kid was in his last year of school and had just a month to go b4 he took his GCSE'S but one day on the way to school he got knocked down and was in hospital for 8 weeks what would happen? it would put him back a year, were he would have to start all over. which makes him unlucky. in other words you just don’t think about it and that way your mind should be empty of worry, allowing you to sleep.

im pretty sure that when you get your licence the worry you have b4 it will disappear(it's called the fears we talk about arnt really the fears we feel).

#4 26-04-08 19:58:59

Luchell
Verified Member

Ah good old Infected Kitten. You've been away a while  lol

Anyhow back to the perfectly good question from Shazzer who lives in the real world and likes to know what  might happen in such a situation.

It depends on the accident, pupil and damage to the vehicle. One of pupils knocked a door mirror off, the examiner was fantastic and popped my details with the car as the owner was no where in site. No damage to my vehicle but the pupil was worried i might shout at her bless her and didn't continue. They weren't far from the test centre so they walked back to me and i sorted the damage out on the hit vehicle.

One of my pupil was rear ended and shoved through a set of lights. Obviously she was very shaken up, the examiner again was fantastic and he dealt with the detail exchanging. Car was still ok to drive but there was paint damage to the rear. They came back into the test centre and i popped in with the examiner to get the details. I phoned my insurance company and had to send to the Dsa for the examiners copy of the report he fully filled in after the tests when he had time from his notes.Pupil handled it ever so well but was understandably shaken, in hindsight she felt grateful that she had the examiner there with her. She knew what details to take but having support at that time was obviously  very helpful.

We got her confidence up again then off we went and she felt knowlegable because sometimes, just sometimes it's easy to think it won't ever happen to us and that would just be nieve. We should keep our wits up at all times.

#5 26-04-08 20:01:27

Luchell
Verified Member

Oops forgot to add, the first pupil could have continued if she wanted to but they came back, a motorbike lost control heading towards her and she quickly moved the car in too far to the left hence damaging the door mirror on it but not mine. Examiner did have a little light banter asking if it looked the width of a car  lol She did have a great sense of humour and he was trying to lighten the mood which he did well. The second one arrived back with no marks and we got her back in for a resit as no result was recorded we paid for the retest but i should think could perhaps have claimed that from the nutter who hit her.

#6 26-04-08 21:38:43

Shazzer

Thanks Luchell

Infected cat, i'm not paranoid at all big_smile, I have suffered from insomnia for 15 years!, which is why i'm up all night and these random things pop into my head, so it's not a fear, just a thought. I have many of them 'where would I head to in a nuclear attack?', 'how do we know cats see in black and white?' 'how do you know that what I see as blue, is the same as someone else, or would their blue be red to me?' etc

I had 'question of the week' with my instructor and this was one of them, also was
'if the test instructor had a stoke/heart attack, could I drive him to hospital if I knew the route and it was close?' ( a lot of our test routes are very close to a hospital A+E.) tongue

#7 26-04-08 21:47:51

littlemissbitch

this is something that used to go through my head , i was never worried about it happening but always wondered what would happen in that situation , so nice one shazzer for asking the question smile

i also wondered what would happen if you the pupil crashed on the test ?? and wondered if it had ever happened to anyone

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 27-04-08 15:07:11

infectedcat

'how do we know cats see in black and white?' 'how do you know that what I see as blue, is the same as someone else, or would their blue be red to me?' etc

you don’t know that they can unless you accept the facts from the people that tell you that cats see in black and white. most of your thinking will reduce your ability to better yourself as you occupy your mind with things that have already been answered. our world is moving forward because of questions just like your own being answered. unfortunately there are those that slow us down through lack of acceptance.

#9 27-04-08 21:48:26

Shazzer

Oh i'm slowed down, now I see the problem, how do I possibly manage a house of four, work full time, work for the Union, learn to drive and be an Cub leader all at the same time yikes

Just accepting facts and not challenging them can be very dangerous......... wink

I don't think you're quite getting the jist of the original post

#10 29-04-08 18:46:48

infectedcat

Just accepting facts and not challenging them can be very dangerous......... wink

how can you challenge fact?? you can only challenge something b4 it becomes fact, there after is impossible. no wonder your part of a union smile

#11 29-04-08 20:43:23

Shazzer

Who decides what is Fact?? it's only a fact until something else comes along to show otherwise! lol

Board footer