You are not logged in.

#1 14-04-08 11:50:14

janey_2000
Verified Member

part 2 training

Hello im new to this forum reading through some of the things that have been posted is really daunting is part 2 really that hard passed part 1 first time on 1st aprial of all days big_smile

14-04-08 11:50:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: part 2 training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 14-04-08 16:38:04

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Hello Janey.

Different people find different things easy or hard. I had trouble with part 2 as I wasn't a great driver before starting the training (I've always been involved with training which is why I chose the career).

If you get enough quality training you'll be fine. I had an excellent trainer, though I really needed a little more time to prepare, hence failing part 2 the first time. I had around 8 hours and 100 or so hours of private practice, though I would have preferred around 20 hours of part 2 prep looking back on it. This would also have helped with some of the work I have done since passing.

Part 3 wasn't too much trouble for me, but I know a lot of excellent drivers who have needed a lot more time to prepare for part 3 as the thought processes required by a coach/trainer/instructor for teaching something are quite complicated.

#3 15-04-08 10:53:23

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Hi Janey

Part 2 depends on the quality of your tuition and the quality and quantity of your private practice. As a student i had 10 hours tuition and 140 hours of private practice and passed 1st time with 2 minor faults. As a part 2 trainer i've not had to give any more than 16 hours to any student and they have all passed. If you have a quality trainer then respect every piece of advice, accept all criticism and dedicate your private practice to work on what the trainer has identified as well as maintaining all the good habits you already have or have re-learned.

#4 15-04-08 11:59:25

janey_2000
Verified Member

tnx for that when you say private training did you pay for extra tuition as im with red driving collage do i need to get extra help.

#5 15-04-08 12:04:53

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

My private practice was simply ensuring that I was able to do the stuff I had been trained to do in the sessions. Just me and my car.

However, I do know that many instructors with larger companies have felt that they have needed extra training from independent trainers. From an economic point of view you really want to avoid this, so get in touch with your provider and hastle them for any extra training that you can get from them if it is included in your package.

If you struggle though, a fresh pair of eyes and a new approach can be a great help. A session with a good trainer shouldn't cost the earth and may well be worth it's weight in gold.

Many of the contributors have taken extra training and I'm sure you could find other opinions if you go through some of the older threads.

From what I am aware of I think that red are using The Instructor College's training infrastructure. It may be worth doing a search for threads on them.

#6 15-04-08 12:35:02

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Private practice is the time spent in your own car without a trainer, practicing and perfecting your skills. I would go out 2 hours every single night for the 10 weeks it took me to complete my part 2 training.

#7 16-04-08 01:38:14

ADITraining
Verified Member
Website

I'd recommend reading Essential Skills book and drive the DSA way on your part 2. The examiners are trained to look for anything that deviates from info in this book.

It's also a good idea to start studying/practising the part 3 lesson briefings if you can find the time as this will help your knowlege and understanding of whats required for part 2. A good grounding in part 2 driving ability will go a long way when it comes to part 3 teaching ability. They're closely linked because if you can't do it, how can you teach it?

Get as much practise at driving 'properly' as you can and tell yourself off for making silly mistakes. When you know you haven't made any mistakes during an hours drive, it's time to take the part 2. The trick is knowing when you've made a mistake smile

You can read exactly how the part 2 exam should be conducted by reading the DSA part 2 examiner guidance notes at http://www.aditraining.tv/public/Pt2_Exam_Notes.asp

Good luck!

Watch over 100 ADI Training Videos at http://www.aditraining.tv

Board footer