You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 15-03-05 17:14:27

terri

Failed PT 2 need help!

Hi

I am the boyf of Terri I just had my first go at part 2 and failed because of 2 serious which didnt seem that serious to me.

I received 5 marks in total 2 of them serious

The first mark was for leaving a too big a gap when reversing to the left, I did not realise that you had to be close to kerb. Im with TIC, so far I have done 4 training days, didnt have the last day due to booking mistake!!!.

The other minor marks were for speeding oops!! :oops:  and moving off safely, apparently there were people about 30f behind me that I did not see.

The serious faults were for obs and hesitation. Hesitation - I was at a cross road ( 9am rush hour)  slow moving traffic in all directions, seemed like I was waiting 10 mins to get out so I gently creeped forwards and there was a van coming to turn into my road so I stopped just before he turned. How is that a serious fault??. :evil:  :evil:  How can I overcome the hestation problems.

As for the rest of the test everything was perfect!!. smile

Dave

This parrot is dead
Has ceased to exist
Gone to the cage in the sky

ha ha ha still alive and squawking!

15-03-05 17:14:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed PT 2 need help!

#2 15-03-05 18:54:32

luchell

im working towards my part 2 for 3 may. sorry about your test. sounds like youre at the right standard though so thats great. diffulcult to comment without being there re the hesitancy. perhaps this situation was a one of. has your instructor offered any advice? hope you're booking your next attempt soon lol

#3 15-03-05 20:42:59

Alibran

Hi Dave

Sorry to hear about your disappointing result.  Like Luchell said, it's really difficult to comment without being there.  If you haven't already, maybe you should have a chat with your instructor about it since he'll know the junction where it happened.  What did the examiner say to you about it?

Anyway, it sounds like you're nearly there.  Keep working at it and you'll probably sail through next time.

#4 15-03-05 20:45:05

terri

well, They havent given me any advice yet, But i am sure i will find out when i go to my next training day (the one you are supposed to have with them before your test!)
I will be booking my next test soon as the examiner said i would pass on the next attempt.
Dave

This parrot is dead
Has ceased to exist

#5 15-03-05 21:24:09

Anonymous

Sorry to hear of your fail but boy was I lucky then.  I went a bit wide on my reverse and got a minor for it.  Either I was lucky or your wide was W-I-D-E!

Better luck next time.

Wessex

#6 15-03-05 21:34:55

terri

i think lucky! i wasnt reallt wide nicely in the middle of the lanr but he said that i should have been closer to the kerb. Oh well it is a learning curve and i hope all will be well next time. At least Terri willl be able to benifit and also learn from my mistakes, She is hoping to pass first time so fingers crossed

Dave

This parrot is dead
Has ceased to exist

#7 15-03-05 21:50:02

Anonymous

Hi Dave.  I had a chat with the Sup Examiner in this area with regard to the standard expected.

The test is conducted on the same sheet as a learner but to a much higher standard.  However a serious is a serious and a dangerous is a dangerous.  It's not a serious for a learner and a dangerous for the part 2 candidate.

Example.  A learner starts to pull away just after finishing his blind spot check but before fully looking forward.  He would get a driver fault.  You would get a serious fault because you are supposed to be demonstrating the drive to a much higher standard.

I know one candidate has been told that the rear wheel must stay no more than a foot from the kerb.  So, that takes a high degree of accuracy and control.

It's not advanced driving but expert driving.

Wessex.

#8 16-03-05 22:03:42

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Just for comfort Dave I failed my first attempt today with too many minors one of them was going to damn slow in what is a 60 but the road was fairly narrow with many bends and the word SLOW written on the road several times with warning signs of horses in particualy we met one at the start of this road.

This test is a learning curve. I failed my reg driving test first time back in 1980. NEXT TIME!

Regards

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#9 17-03-05 21:18:47

stdavid
Verified Member
Website

A little tip I got when I failed my part 2 first time for missing road signs was to do a commentary drive in your head.

I did it and never missed a road sign or speed limit again. Passed part 2 with 4 minors today!!

Regards,

David Oswald
http://www.dulas-drive.co.uk/ http://www.webDO/Driving instructors in mid Wales, Powys, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth, Tywyn, Dolgellau, Bala and Barmouth

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 17-03-05 21:24:26

Django

stdavid wrote:

A little tip I got when I failed my part 2 first time for missing road signs was to do a commentary drive in your head.

I did it and never missed a road sign or speed limit again. Passed part 2 with 4 minors today!!

Well done St D.  That's exactly what I did for my pt II.

#11 17-03-05 21:25:14

ck
Website

So its true they do pass them all on Thursdays  lol
JOKE!!

WELL DONE stdavid

#12 17-03-05 21:38:46

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Well done stdave - you must be over the moon. I will try your suggestion from now on and see if it works for me

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

Board footer