You are not logged in.

#1 23-03-08 11:17:45

Super Mario

Theory test booked

Hi last night I booked my theory test for the tenth of April. yikes yikes yikes  Feel confident with the theory but am slightly concerned about hazard perception.  If I'm going down a motorway in the left lane and a car in the middle starts to signal then I would click and when it moves over I would click again.  I've heard you can click too early.  For example I've turned into a road and I instantly see cyclists in the distance.  I would click the minute I saw the cyclists but this might be too early :? :?  Does that make any sense? Thanks.

23-03-08 11:17:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Theory test booked

#2 23-03-08 13:41:00

jackie99100

Good luck for your test.The only advice i can give is try not to pannick, as if you click too many times you will score zero for that clip.As soon as you see something that you think is going to be a hazard click as you get closer click again if it turns out to be nothing then you have not lost any points,try not to click more than 6 times for each hazard.The only one i thought was difficult was the clip in the dark as i could not see a thing but i must have clicked ok as i scored 4 for that clip ,on another clip i scored zero and it was because i clicked too many times.I passed any way.Hope you do too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC3C-d8LlGY

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 25-03-08 13:50:28

Chewy20

Hi Super Mario, Goodluck for your exam!  I think the Hazard Perception is a puzzle for everyone, I having not long past my theory can surely agree with that as no-one is totally sure on what to expect.  I used the 2pass pc-rom to practice the hazard perception and was getting mostly 4s and 5s out of 5 so I hoped that the real thing would be similar and it was, although actually surprisingly I felt it was easier.  A lot of the clips on the internet and cds provide you with every possibility that you could be faced with in the real test, only I noticed that in the real hazard perception it was much slower and you were able to identify everything around you a lot easier.  They warned me in the test center that the computer hates double clicking (no points otherwise) so what I did was when I identified a possible hazard - such as your cyclist in the distance, as soon as I saw it I would click and then as I got closer I would do another click and then a final click if the cyclist did something that would have to make me slow down, stop etc. I must say though its not as hard as you may think, you will definately notice the hazards, just keep an eye on those that develop!! What practice materials have you used for hazard perception?

x~Jill~x
Theory Passed - Q's 49/50 Hp 57/75  (20/02/08)
Practical Passed - 6 Minors (05/06/08)

#4 25-03-08 19:04:32

Super Mario

I've used Focus CD roms then I came accross the official DSA hazard perception clips which seem easy compared to the Focus ones. One more question.  If I  click too early will I score zero?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 25-03-08 19:53:30

Chewy20

I used the focus ones and I passed so I think you will be fine if you are scoring well on the clips featured on the disc.  I never used any other hazard perception material, so unfortunately I can not compare, only to the real thing, which I feel seemed easier compared to the focus ones, which I think is a bonus, because the focus ones make you aware of every possible hazard and I never even got through all the clips on the disc!! Are you getting good results on the focus ones? 

If I  click too early will I score zero?

[color=purple]As for clicking to early, you won't score zero because there may well be other hazards that you notice and click for but may not be the developing hazard for the clip. We all identify different hazards on the clips and clicking something you think might develop will not score you zero.  Just make sure you re-frain from double-clicking! 

I went with the idea that anything could be a hazard, so I kept an eye on all the hazards I think might develop and clicked if they were about to develop anyway and I did not fail!! I also found that the types of surroundings can help you to identify what sort of hazards you might get...for example, if you are driving down a narrow country lane and there is a sharp bend...you need to be prepared for anything that comes around the corner...or you are on a motor way - you automatically think of cars overtaking, slip roads etc. 

If you have been using the focus cd-roms I am sure you will find it a lot easier than you may think!

I hope this helps.

x~Jill~x
Theory Passed - Q's 49/50 Hp 57/75  (20/02/08)
Practical Passed - 6 Minors (05/06/08)

#6 25-03-08 20:11:47

Luchell
Verified Member

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … 878.0.html

Not sure if the above link will help, i wrote it ages ago and some have found a use for it other than printing it and making 'flying aeroplanes' out of it   roll lol

Board footer