Re: Steering so far...

Is that sarcasm or are you there!!

#28 08-05-08 21:36:14

hector
Verified Member
Website

Can you swap to Cobridge  yikes

Or better still the really nice guys at Congleton or Buxton.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#29 08-05-08 21:39:35

Shazzer

I don't know those areas at all!!  :|I live in Blurton, so know Newcastle quite well, you're worrying me now!!  :oWhat's wrong with Newcastle? :oops:

#30 14-05-08 16:49:55

Shazzer

Very good lesson today, he said it was very relaxed, no real problems, and a good rrc! after i'd been messing them up constantly recently! Got a week off now as instructor is away this weekend. I don't know wether to risk going out in ours to practice, don't want to ?????? up the good control `i have of the instructors car! neutral

#31 22-05-08 20:07:00

Shazzer

Well had a good lesson yesterday and had done 1.5 hours in our Mondeo too, went well, not long to go till test time now!! yikes

#32 24-05-08 17:17:30

Shazzer

Excellent lesson today, Did all manuvoures ( i never can remember how to spell it!?) well. Really comfortable and had changed the seat position to not quite as far forward and didn't rack the seat up. tongue

#33 27-05-08 21:26:13

Shazzer

Nerves starting to show now! A bit too quick on approach to a couple of rounabouts today, but was coming off quicker roads, not 30mph ones. manouvoures went ok today, i'm still better uphill than downhill! I think it's easier to control the clutch delicately than the brake.

#34 27-05-08 22:09:41

wolfchild08

Come on Shazzer ive got every confidance in you that you will pass your first test you can do it.  Try not to let nerves get the better of you and relax.

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

#35 28-05-08 08:36:41

Shazzer

Hi Wolf!!
That sound familiar!! Cheers  wink

#36 31-05-08 11:31:23

Shazzer

WEll failed first test.
3 Minor and 1 serious on road sings. Traffic lights with a left only, straight and right together lane, i went in the left only and went straight on. I didn't see the markings. Went back after test and had a look, and they are just after brow of a hill and the left ones are very poor, but the others were clear, oh well.
The examiner said he was really pleased other wise,(and he is a hard one to please!), but he has to mark what he sees.
Ironically we had done that test route and turned left not gone straight, or i'd have known, maybe if the lights were on red, id have seen who knows.........oh well, book another one, got 4 weeks wait though!

#37 31-05-08 12:28:48

wolfchild08

OMG Shazzer im so sorry to hear that you were so close! and only 3 minors! I know how it feels to fail the test at least you booked another one straight away.  You must be a really good driver to have only got 3 minors.  You did much better than I did on my first test.  What date is your next one?

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

#38 04-06-08 21:43:00

Shazzer

Well had my first lesson post fail, and I felt like I hadn't driven in ages, yet it was only Saturday!!
Was a bit jittery and not as smooth as normal, but presuming that is just down to the let down etc.

Went to the lights I failed on and , as they were red, I started slowing and noticed the markings, once I recognised the road! I could have caused some problems  :oops: so I can see why it was a fail. The two lads the day before me had the same test route and both turned left there, and I was told to follow the road ahead, maybe as I had had no hold ups and a few spare minutes?? I know the routes are not set in stone, and it seems there are the faourites of the week/month!

I Should be fine once i've got back in the swing. Will have ons hour a week to keep on top of it and go out with hubby, as I feel much more confident swapping cars backwards and forwards now.

Failing with only 3 minors has actually really boosted my confidence  big_smile

#39 12-06-08 18:30:20

Shazzer

Forgot to tell you about Sunday!
I drove Hubby's car along the A34 congleton to buxton road. It has the reputation of the 2nd most dangerous road in England (that isn't why I drove along it!)
It has been reduced to 50 mph all the way along, and goes across axe edge moor. It was ok, until as I was going downhill round a right hand corner a bike was overtaking a car uphill on the corner toward me! Hard braking and they pulled in tight, was a bit scary.

Had another lesson today, went better than last week, but im really tired and it showed a little, not dangerously so, just tired. Hope to get some sleep!!

#40 21-06-08 07:02:06

Shazzer

Woohoo, back in the zone now!!  8-)
Had another lesson on Thursday and went really well. Had a daft lady I was patiently waiting for in front of a row of parked cars, and she slowed down and stopped to look in the shop windows!
Then another really daft lady pulled out in front of me and I had to brake swiftly. I had just turned left at a junction, indicated and turned into a filter area to turn right at the next street. She was waiting to turn right from the street I was turning into and pulled in front of me on the filter area  yikes

Oh dear. Anyway, feel back into driving now and enjoying it instead of just going through the motions.

#41 26-06-08 17:34:42

Shazzer

Well today I surprised myself, I did a RRC really well straight off! Normally thats the one I mess up, but it went well! Week to go now till 2nd try

#42 29-06-08 08:27:56

Shazzer

2nd test tomorrow, managed to get a cancellation on Sat am. Printed the confirmation as will not get one in the post in time! Hope that counts!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#43 29-06-08 11:24:54

Luchell
Verified Member

That should be fine. Good luck, let us know how you get on! xx

#44 29-06-08 21:19:57

Shazzer

Thanks Luchell
Drove around in the Mondeo toady, negotiating small villages and country roads with no problem, quite enjoyed myself! Got a full hour tomoz before the test, everything crossed. I have to be a 'body' at work so will be relaxing all morning playing dead!!

#45 30-06-08 17:08:42

Shazzer

Woohoo! I passed.  big_smile
Test instructor from out of town. Similar route to the last time but not the same. I stalled at a big roundabout but didn't panic, and two drivers (i was going straight on) came round me from the right and went across in front to the left turn  yikes
6 minors : 2 for foot brake, 2 for control pulling off  :? and two for undue hesitation.
I'm so chuffed. Thought I'd had it when I stalled, but I made the car safe, didn't panic, start up and ready to go.

#46 02-07-08 18:27:03

Shazzer

I suppose this should be my last post in this topic as I am no longer a learner? but still learning! I drove on my own for the first time today, was a bit nervous, but soon was fine, and had to get to work anyway! Took my friend out at Lunch time, drove home and took my son out to buy new trainers. Parking was a bit interesting as its a lot bigger to what I learnt to park in!
Practice practice!!

#47 09-07-08 15:50:30

Shazzer

Well now I have : driven on my own lots, put Diesel in on my own, and bumped into a concrete bollard   :cry: yikes
not too bad, but needs touching up, oops.........

#48 28-07-08 01:37:54

kurtangle

damn man mondeos a hard one to learn in eh!

CONGRATS ON PASSING MAN! proud of ya after readint through the thread

Passed Theory 1st time.
Passed Theory 1st time again after expiry of 1st pass.
Passed Practical 1st time with 3 minors.
Learnt to drive in a month !!!

Board footer