You are not logged in.

#1 20-03-08 18:55:27

jo

going round roundabouts

When I'm driving round a roundabout i feel like I'm doing so very slowly.  The reason for this is that i have a restricted view of the edge of the roundabout caused by the windscreen pillar (I think that's what it's called) which is quite thick.  (I drive a Honda Jazz). Does anybody else find this a problem and if so how can I overcome this problem?

20-03-08 18:55:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: going round roundabouts

#2 20-03-08 19:44:46

jackie99100

I get dizzy, big_smile it's not your car is it,if it's not don't worry about it,(just keep giving your instructor high blood pressure) keep practicing and stop looking at the front of the car just look straight ahead were you are going.I am probably wrong though that's why i havn't got a driving instructor. tongue

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#3 20-03-08 19:49:12

Shazzer

Try following the road tarmac marks ( where people have driven before) not the roundabout itself?

#4 20-03-08 21:17:21

ExAdiNigel

Move your head and look around the pillar.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 20-03-08 23:48:56

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

i'm with nigel. if you cant see through it? look round it! look as early as you can - as soon as visability allows you need to be looking assessing and deciding your action! LADA ! the sooner you look the more thinking time - the easier the decision? works for me  big_smile

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

Board footer