You are not logged in.

#1 14-03-08 10:57:30

littlemissbitch

upset

Hi Everyone

Well i have had my full licence now just over a week , my car has been bumped at school whilst dropping my kid's off as some women didn't give way to a oncoming car and thought she could squeeze past  :?  and today i just nipped into town and on my way back i was doing the 30 in a 30 speed limit slowing down around bend's like i was taught to do , there were cars parked on both sides of the road so i was just been carefull as a child could of stepped out or anything , and this car over took me very close to a mini roundabout , then his girlfriend starts shouting abuse at me out of the wondow and he was making rude jestures with his hand's , i really dont know if i want to carry on driving with ppl like this on the road , it's really shuck me up and it will happen again as my hubby says he get's it all the time cause he does the speed limit , i have had it happen whilst i was learning , but been in the car on my own it was different and kinda shuck me up more

14-03-08 10:57:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: upset

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 14-03-08 12:02:41

Luchell
Verified Member

So sorry to hear that, sadly i see that sort of behaviour far more than i would like to during the day whilst out teaching.

Couple of weeks ago i had taken the signs off my car ready to go home to finish for the day. I was sticking to the speed limit of 30mph in one of our army camp areas here. Some prat beeped, flashed, overtake cut back in front then slammed him brakes on to 10mph to show me what it 'was like for him' having to sit behind me going so slowly (30mph in a 30mph that is   roll  roll :x) The idiots are everywhere but i would never turn back time. I love driving, i know its not easy with all the idiots out here but it's worth it. Stick to your guns and try to ignore the prats although it's not easy.

#3 14-03-08 14:58:48

littlemissbitch

Hi

Yes i can imagine as your on the road more than most been adi , altho i never experianced it whilst in the adi's car it was always in my car if ppl got annoyed . it's horrible the way ppl treat you , and the way ppl treat you when you are a learner , i will never forget been a learner and will aways respect learner drivers , i was telling a friend of mine who said well really it's your own fault you should have p plates on so i got angry then and said what the hell have p plates got to do with it,  my hubby drives no faster than me shall he put p plates on aswell , it's not my driving this person got annoyed with it was the speed i was doing , this friend  then went along to say you will stay at that speed tho for a couple of months till you find your feet then you will start speeding , i dont think so i could speed now im confident enough with driving for 4 years on L plates , but i wont , speed limits are there for a reason now matter what some ppl might think , i have children and i know how easy they can get loose and can run out into the road at a split second  when your back is turned and been a car driver now i have to be aware of this and drive at the correct speed's for the road

#4 14-03-08 17:17:36

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

We all have to suffer some abuse at some time, it goes with the territory, and will alas happen again, however don't be put off.

There are plenty [i would like to say 'just as many'] of good, courteous motorists out there!!

One of the joys of motoring is that wave/nod/smile passed between two motorists after co-operation.
If you haven't experienced that yet don't call time on driving until you have.

sophie

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#5 14-03-08 21:27:33

Luchell
Verified Member

I remember one particular pupil early on in her training saying 'i will never forget i was a learner once like all this lot of drivers''

20 hours later, behind a learner at lights same pupil with me on her lesson comes out with this

'For goodness sake! Get on with it will you! God they're slow'  yikes

Needless to say the conversation i had with her immediately made her think a little more about that promise made long ago  lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 14-03-08 21:41:38

littlemissbitch

I remember one particular pupil early on in her training saying 'i will never forget i was a learner once like all this lot of drivers''

20 hours later, behind a learner at lights same pupil with me on her lesson comes out with this

'For goodness sake! Get on with it will you! God they're slow'  yikes

Needless to say the conversation i had with her immediately made her think a little more about that promise made long ago  lol

that's shocking really is but i bet thats how most ppl think as if they didnt then there wouldnt be so many ppl on the road's that are rude to learners , with learning for 4 years in my own car i have had to put up with alot so believe me i wont forget and my dad was one of these ppl that would call other drivers for whatever,  and my mam refused to ride with him in the wagon in the end cause of his obnoxious behavior so it's kinda been drilled into me from a early age .

i did attually say to someone once i take it you never learned to drive then quite sarkily lol  , i had accidently not left a gap in some traffic for traffic turning into a car park no law saying i had too but politeness say's i should , and this women was fuming so i wound the window down and asked really carmly if she had ever learnt to drive i said i take it you was a instant driver that never made a mistake , she did say sorry a but only because i  said something  , i dont get annoyed at mistakes that ppl make , like old ppl if there going really slow it doesnt bother me in the slightest , but i do get angry when i get abuse hurled at me just for obeying the law like today i got upset and my confidence was slightly knocked as i was thinking my driving was obviously annoying someone , then you think to yourself is my driving really that bad that it's winding up other road users

#7 15-03-08 00:59:32

dog
Verified Member

I was reading some random blog on the internet the other day. The author was telling of how he was on a 3 lane motorway, overtaking in the 3rd lane. He came up behind some cretin who was driving at 65mph and would not move over. He lowered his speed accordingly and kept the correct separation distance and even after a mile or so this driver would not move over. He flashed his lights a couple of times (I think he mentioned this is what Rospa say you should do) and waited but the car still did not move over. He waited another minute or so and flashed his lights again to try and get the other car to move over. He still did not.

At this point he was not prepared to be held up by this driver who thought that 65mph in the 3rd lane was appropriate, so switched to the 2nd lane and prepared to undertake (he also mentioned that if flashing your lights fails, and the other car is still driving too slowly and in the wrong lane, then undertaking is acceptable). As soon as he started to speed up to undertake the idiot in the 3rd lane cuts across to get in front of him, no signal. The other guy moves back out to the 3rd lane and floors it, getting past the other car, who then decides to speed right up and dangerously tailgate him at high speed.

Some people on the road can be real twats for no reason.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 15-03-08 09:01:09

littlemissbitch

I was reading some random blog on the internet the other day. The author was telling of how he was on a 3 lane motorway, overtaking in the 3rd lane. He came up behind some cretin who was driving at 65mph and would not move over. He lowered his speed accordingly and kept the correct separation distance and even after a mile or so this driver would not move over. He flashed his lights a couple of times (I think he mentioned this is what Rospa say you should do) and waited but the car still did not move over. He waited another minute or so and flashed his lights again to try and get the other car to move over. He still did not.

At this point he was not prepared to be held up by this driver who thought that 65mph in the 3rd lane was appropriate, so switched to the 2nd lane and prepared to undertake (he also mentioned that if flashing your lights fails, and the other car is still driving too slowly and in the wrong lane, then undertaking is acceptable). As soon as he started to speed up to undertake the idiot in the 3rd lane cuts across to get in front of him, no signal. The other guy moves back out to the 3rd lane and floors it, getting past the other car, who then decides to speed right up and dangerously tailgate him at high speed.

Some people on the road can be real twats for no reason.

i know it's like they completly change personalitly when behind the wheel of a car

#9 15-03-08 10:25:16

Leprechaun

I don't get annoyed with anything a learner does - i still remember what it was like and i have all the patience in the world for learners.

The ones that annoy me are the ones who think they are better than everyone else cos they drive big and / or posh cars. Yesterday i was on a road coming to roadworks so the road was narrowing to a single lane, a bloke in a mercedes to the left of me decided he was going to push his way in front of me even though i was at least half a car length in front of him just before the pinch-point  :x :x

#10 15-03-08 12:52:30

copone
Verified Member

Peoples attitutudes are different. Keep on driving. Don't be put off by these idiots. Enjoy driving. One day one of these impatient idiots will fly passed you, pipping their horn, shouting, swearing, then a mile down the road, they are in a ditch, or have been pulled up by the police. Then you can really have a good laugh. Take care and enjoy.

ADI. Class 1 Police Advanced. HGV Class 1. Member of IAM AND DIA. Rospa Gold. National Diploma for Advanced Instruction. and Examiner. IAM fleet trainer. Safed trainer.

#11 15-03-08 17:18:38

Shazzer

Don't be disheartened, LMB. There is poetic justice occasionally. A few years ago my Husband and me were driving down Detling Hill in Kent, notorious for accidents due to speeding. We were on the speed limit, and a BMW came flying up sat on our tail , Hubby pulled over to left lane as soon as was clear to do so, BMW carried on at high speed. We muttered, as you do. When we got a little further on, who did we see pulled up billowing smoke? Of course, BMW with a blown head gasket, we did slow and waved as we passed!!!

#12 15-03-08 18:24:25

littlemissbitch

Don't be disheartened, LMB. There is poetic justice occasionally. A few years ago my Husband and me were driving down Detling Hill in Kent, notorious for accidents due to speeding. We were on the speed limit, and a BMW came flying up sat on our tail , Hubby pulled over to left lane as soon as was clear to do so, BMW carried on at high speed. We muttered, as you do. When we got a little further on, who did we see pulled up billowing smoke? Of course, BMW with a blown head gasket, we did slow and waved as we passed!!!

lol now that is retribution , i just feel that it must be my driving that is making ppl turn like this  (even tho i no it's not ) i keep going over and over it thinking did i do something that maybe i hadnt noticed that has annoyed him , even my mate said well maybe you should drive around the 32 to 35mph as most ppl do , im not breaking the law i would rather not drive than do  that , i haven't been out since on my own and i was really confident , me and hubby went the same way today and i watched his driving and he drove pretty much the same as me round this area as its all mini roundabout's and zebra crossings and nursery school's and shops and parked cars so you have to be carefull

#13 15-03-08 18:31:01

Shazzer

Stick to driving how you wan to and feel safe, what's the point of doing 32-35mph , you don't get anywhere any faster, and you don't want to drive that speed. You know that if a child DID step out, YOU could stop safely, the idiots rushing past you couldn't.

#14 15-03-08 18:52:42

littlemissbitch

Thank's shazzer smile how's your driving doing ???

#15 15-03-08 18:58:48

Shazzer

Not too bad, have mastered parking! just practice practice now. Never thought I would want to get in and drive, but I quite enjoy it now. drove the whole family to karate last week, first time i've driven with the kids in the car, and it was fine!

#16 15-03-08 19:03:51

littlemissbitch

Not too bad, have mastered parking! just practice practice now. Never thought I would want to get in and drive, but I quite enjoy it now. drove the whole family to karate last week, first time i've driven with the kids in the car, and it was fine!

it is just practice and if your nervous like i am with test's the more practice you get the better , im convinced the 4 years on the road for me before getting the adi helped me pass as i had come across more thing's than most learners and was comfortable with most thing's i came across on the road , have you any idea when your going to be putting in for the test ?

#17 15-03-08 19:11:17

Shazzer

Not thought about it yet, so much other stuff going on in general life at the moment I haven't got time to worry about it, must get my theory booked soon! Only been driving since December, after putting it off for 15 years!! Did you feel nervous when you first went out after passing??

#18 15-03-08 19:20:47

littlemissbitch

Not thought about it yet, so much other stuff going on in general life at the moment I haven't got time to worry about it, must get my theory booked soon! Only been driving since December, after putting it off for 15 years!! Did you feel nervous when you first went out after passing??

no not at all only thing that worried me was our driveway is very narrow and when i say narrow i mean about two inch either side of the mirrors getting past the gate posts , and i didn't want the car untill it had been widened , i can get it up but that was with hubby watching me and making sure i turned and the right times etc cause one wrong turn and i would catch it ,  so last friday seriously i knocked the post down and took some of the surrounding wall down and now the drive is 3ft wider smile  and since monday i have had the car  i loved going out on my own  my hubby couldn't get me out of the car  i have attually gone through £40 of fuel this week just driving about lol,  i have driven hubby to work everyday this week and picked him up , im just abit funny now as i know for a fact im going to get abuse for doing the speed limit's i was telling my neighbour about it and he say's his daugheter is always coming home saying ppl have been beeping at her for driving at the speed limits aswell , so i think im going to have to just get out there and just live with it sad

#19 15-03-08 19:34:31

Shazzer

seriously i knocked the post down and took some of the surrounding wall down and now the drive is 3ft wider smile

LOL
Good your enjoying driving, don't let them spoil it for you, just smile and wave, annoys them more if they do not upset you! You know you re a safer driver, just keep that in mind!

Board footer