You are not logged in.

#1 13-03-08 20:21:57

Brill_Brunette

Stopping and starting in different cars

I've only had 4 lessons but in my instructors car i can set off relatively smoothly but when i tried in my partners car (an astra compared to the civic of my instructor) i just can't do it properly and usually stall. It seems a lot more sensitive, v annoying!

13-03-08 20:21:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Stopping and starting in different cars

#2 13-03-08 20:34:43

Karenadi
Verified Member

Is one a diesel and the other petrol?

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#3 13-03-08 22:16:28

Brill_Brunette

I think they are both diesel, the astra definately is. Does that make any diff then?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 13-03-08 23:15:46

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

hi

Yes there is a difference between petrol & diesel.

How ever there can be qiute a difference between how the clutch is sEt between cars I have driven two one where the biting piont is near the floor & another where the biting piont is near the top. They were both vauxhalls both the same make & model. It just how the mechanic had set the clutch when it was installed or replaced.

The best I can advise is when changing car take extra xare while you adjust to the new car.

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

#5 15-03-08 18:49:54

littlemissbitch

i drove my own car for 4 years on L plates and when i got a adi i thought i would be fine , well i wasn't lol i really struggled at first , the first lesson in the new car was bad , the second lesson was better but not great i just seemed to fight with the car , 3rd  lesson started to feel a little better but then i found i felt funny in my own car and would do thing's i wouldnt normally do , it was on about the 5th lesson i could deal with the adi's car comfortubly and swap back to my own car and drive that ok aswell , so it just takes time smile you will be fine i never thought i would be able to drive my adi's car but i did and in the end i found it better than my own to drive

#6 15-03-08 19:54:29

Shazzer

It's taken me about a month to switch smoothly between ADI's car and hubbys. the bite on hubbys is less than half way up to whare the bite on ADI's car is! practice and you will get used to it!

#7 09-11-08 21:14:41

David1108

I know I have passed my test and now a Advanced driver but anytime I drive a new car I let the clutch up slowly to allow myself to get to know where the bitting point is.  That way you can get use to it a bit more quicky. 

Board footer