You are not logged in.

#1 08-03-08 22:39:41

jackie99100

Finding it difficult

I want to start driving lessons again but i seem to be putting it off,i have lost my confidence i keep thinking of all excuses as to why i am not having lessons anymore eg;mad people on the roads,but secretly i am missing having lessons i have found one close to where i live but can;t seem to pluck up the courage to phone up,i don't know what is wrong with me i was so confident on my 19th lesson after Christmas,but i realised my instructor was an ass so i sacked him and now i am looking at all you people on here envying you and wishing it was me on my lessons again  :cry:

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

08-03-08 22:39:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Finding it difficult

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 09-03-08 00:24:32

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Think of all the positive reasons to start up again, & the money & time uve already invested, make the call......what have u got to lose  :?
big_smile Go for it! & enjoy

#3 09-03-08 09:58:33

kjs
Verified Member
Website

We not all asses, go ahead and ring this new instructor. This person may make you feel good about your driving and install some confidence in yourself. Give him/her a call, you never no.

The very best of luck to you.

kjs

#4 09-03-08 10:52:43

jackie99100

Thanks binty and kjs i know instructors aren't all asses i didn't mean that, just my one was lol

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#5 09-03-08 12:02:40

littlemissbitch

just take the plunge and pick up that phone , honestly i could kick myself now for waiting so long , i did this had every excuse in the book why i didn't want to get a adi and just carried on plodding along in my own car but in my own car i wasn't attually getting anywhere as to pass the test IMO you need proper tuition , you really need to take that initial step , for me that was the hard bit over when i booked that first lesson i knew from then on thing's were moving forward

#6 09-03-08 12:53:41

Chewy20

You really need to get back out there!! I think you will find it so much more easier because you have had some experience already, think back to when you were a new driver and how much more scarier that was?!  Plus there are lots of instructors out there that will be able to help build your confidence again, if you explain to them that you weren't at all happy the way you have previously been taught,they'll understand!  You will most probably be shocked at how much you do already know and you just need to have some reassurance that you can do it and you'll be fine!!  Pick up that phone and have another shot, once you get back in, u'll love it!

x~Jill~x
Theory Passed - Q's 49/50 Hp 57/75  (20/02/08)
Practical Passed - 6 Minors (05/06/08)

#7 09-03-08 22:46:35

iwanadrive

Miss Daisy get yourself back in gear!  It's so much easier putting these things off but once you have your first lesson again it will all come back to you and you'll be super confident again like you were in your last lesson.  It will only get worse if you keep putting it off and i am looking forward to the day when you post on here telling us when your test is, especially as i remember some of your earlier posts and how nervous you were driving, just like me!

One of my biggest regrets was the fact that i've been learning on and off for almost four years and have now got to the point where i just want to pass because i've spent so long working at it, when i wish i'd just stuck at it in the first place.

Let us know how you get on.

#8 09-04-08 13:47:21

razzie

Don't let a bad experience with on instructor put you off. I did exactly the same - stopped with one instructor and took 15 months to find a new one, and am now thinking if only I'd carried on I could be driving by now.
My old instructor REALLY knocked my confidence, but my new instructor has been really patient and made me really determined to get my licence.
Now I want to pass my test for me, but also for her as she has been so great. A good instructor really does make all the difference - so make the call.

#9 17-04-08 21:41:41

iwanadrive

Hey miss daisy, just wondering if you've got back in the driving seat yet and how things are going, haven't seen many posts from you recently.

#10 18-04-08 09:37:55

jackie99100

No still here in limbo,i need a good kicking,i just can't get myself to pick up the phone and book a lesson,i am very brave when I've had a glass of wine on a Friday night,i say right thats it I'm going to book a lesson on Monday,but i never do,I'm changing my name to sadjackie big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 18-04-08 10:24:12

Gizmotime
Administrator

No still here in limbo,i need a good kicking,i just can't get myself to pick up the phone and book a lesson,i am very brave when I've had a glass of wine on a Friday night,i say right thats it I'm going to book a lesson on Monday,but i never do,I'm changing my name to sadjackie big_smile

Hiya Hun,

Get on that phone and make the most important phone call of your life, you won't regret it honestly smile and if you don't do it, i will do it for you ok.

Giz

#12 18-04-08 13:10:07

iwanadrive

Its so much nicer to put it off, but get back out there when you can, then you can share all your stories with us!  I hope the time is soon, for when you feel up to making that call, it might not feel like it now, but it will be worth it in the end.  Thats what i keep telling myself!

#13 18-04-08 13:23:51

yasmin
Verified Member

Go on Miss Daisy, you know you want to really! Take the bull by the horns or the telephone by the receiver if you prefer, and make that call! big_smile

#14 19-04-08 09:54:09

Shazzer

" I AM a tiger...Grrrrrrrrr"  Go for it!!!

Board footer