You are not logged in.

#1 06-03-08 18:02:11

jo

Lost an L-plate

I went out with a member of my family for a driving lesson.  When we arrived back home, I realised, to my horror, that I had lost one of my L-plates.  Just wondering if I could get into trouble with the Police for that?

06-03-08 18:02:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Lost an L-plate

#2 06-03-08 18:25:07

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

You'll be fine.

It happens, you weren't pulled over at the time therefore nothing can be done, you need to be seen in the act as such.

When I was a learner I too lost an L plate at 70mph in the right hand lane of a dual carriageway - I knew about it and had to continue.

Just put another back on when you go out again, and all will be fine, just keep an eye when you're out in future, it happens to many people all the time. Were they fully magnetic on the back rather than 2 strips? I only lost one like that, my firned lost loads that were just a strip top and bottom. After lost mine I just used a 55p sticky plastic one lol the gunk came off the paintwork after removal and a few washes.

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

#3 06-03-08 19:22:02

Van Man
Verified Member

We lost a few off the front, although the last set we bought were from Tesco with the twin magnetic strips and they have been fine. Curiously, we never did find them but found other peoples. :? not sure how that worked

DON'T GET ME STARTED.
I'm not doing it wrong,Its just another way of doing it right!
IAM observer

#4 06-03-08 19:55:07

bay

I lost one of my L plates when going 60mph I was annoyed as they had cost me £6.99.

Now I have 2 sets of 99p ones and I leave the spare set in the car just in case.

5th Test Passed 22/04/08

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 06-03-08 20:45:18

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

Would anyone be interested in magnetic L plates that don't fall off?

I had mine made the same time as my signwrighting was done.  They've lasted for 2 years so far.
I could supply them for £10/ pair.  They are heave duty and made from the same material that magnetic signs are made from. 

If you are interested please contact me on

chris@comedrivewithme.com

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

#6 07-03-08 15:47:31

email@passwithjohn.co.uk
Verified Member
Website

It would really depend on the mood of the police officer if or when they pull you over for it.  Normally would not come to much more than a ticking off.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!

Approved Driving Instructor
www.passwithjohn.co.uk/drivinglessonsstockport.html
www.passwithjohn.co.uk/blog

#7 07-03-08 22:31:40

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

One of my L-Plate came off half way through my part 3 test, it was very windy that day!

Luckily I had a spare in the back, so I directed the examiner to a safe place to pull up and I put the spare on  smile

Rob

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 07-03-08 23:31:38

den676
Verified Member

One of my L-Plate came off half way through my part 3 test, it was very windy that day!

Luckily I had a spare in the back, so I directed the examiner to a safe place to pull up and I put the spare on  smile

Rob

So wot happens if ya lose one on Part 3 and ya haven't got a spare?  :?

#9 08-03-08 08:23:56

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

Don't know, but in theory as the car will be illegal to drive, the test might be abandoned.  neutral

Rob

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

Board footer