You are not logged in.

#1 03-03-08 10:50:30

littlemissbitch

just curious

This question is more aimed at adi's but if you have passed your test you might beable to answer  smile

my question is when you put a pupil in for his or her test , how good a driver are they ?? do they still make quite alot of mistakes ?? reason i am asking is im really flapping about my test this week and i know i shouldn't as like ppl have said on here if my adi didn't think i could do it then he wouldn't of put me in , but i know i make mistakes quite a few of late  since this test has been looming  :oops: and i think that's what's making me nervous i keep going over thing's i have done wrong , like for example yesterday i forgot to cancel a indicator realised when it was abit late  not done that before but i did it yesterday just one of those thing's,  maybe im been a bit harsh on myself ?? im a bit of a perfectionist and i expect to do thing's perfect and cause im not doing them perfect im thinking im not ready for my test ??  what do you ppl think do you think i should be driving perfect on my lessons and in my private practice to be able to pass the attual test ?? sorry to be such a pain keep asking question's but it help's me to talk about it  big_smile

03-03-08 10:50:30

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: just curious

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 03-03-08 11:40:17

Belperdeb
Verified Member
Website

Hiya. First of all nobody is perfect, even those who have been driving for years. We are all human and therefore will make mistakes. It's the sort of mistakes that make the dirrerence.
What you need to ask yourself is am i a danger to other road users?
As said if your instructor has put you in for the test they must think that you are ready.
What the examiners are looking for is for you to be able to drive to a safe standard and not be dangerous. This is why yuo are allowed upto 15 minor faults, as said noone is perfect. What you can't do is cause another road user to take evasive action because of something you have done.
Hope this helps a bit and good luck.

Debbie

www.debbiesdrivingschool.co.uk

#3 03-03-08 20:53:38

email@passwithjohn.co.uk
Verified Member
Website

It sounds like you just need to relax a bit more and don't try so hard.  It is quite common for people to get pre test nerves as their test date approaches but if you keep practicing I'm sure on the day you will be fine.  I'm sure you already have but have a chat with your instructor if you are concerned about certain errors that you are making.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!

Approved Driving Instructor
www.passwithjohn.co.uk/drivinglessonsstockport.html
www.passwithjohn.co.uk/blog

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 03-03-08 21:04:25

littlemissbitch

It sounds like you just need to relax a bit more and don't try so hard.  It is quite common for people to get pre test nerves as their test date approaches but if you keep practicing I'm sure on the day you will be fine.  I'm sure you already have but have a chat with your instructor if you are concerned about certain errors that you are making.

Hi

It's a bit late for chatting to my adi as my test is on wednesday morning , he said he think's i will pass but then again my last adi said that 12 year's ago and i failed sad  im just abit worried that these mistakes im making are going to cost me and make me fail  , there intermittent error's tho , i make different ones everytime i go out , i have been out for two hour's tonight in my own car and will be going out 2 hour's tommorow aswell , but i still feel im making mistakes , the worst mistakes were on my last lesson last wednesday i was really bad and was told that it would go against me what i was doing , i can't believe i have gone to pieces again i did this 12 years ago , but not this soon it was in the test centre that the nerves kicked in last time

Board footer