You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-03-05 08:51:15

VickyWelton

Passed Part 3 in January!!!!

Hi All,

I would just like to highly recommend a fantastic Instructor Trainer - John Farlam.  His website is www.smartdriving.co.uk.

I went over to Ireland in December for his Part 3 rescue course as I was down to my final attempt - this was no thanks to the Driver Instructor Training Centre in Tolworth and the driving school I am currently working for - therefore am not naming and shaming!

John is fantastic and has a unique training approach.  He is well known in the industry and writes for the DIA magazine.  He is extremely popular and as a result his diary for this years teaching in the UK is full, however I believe he still has some spaces if you fancy a trip to Ireland.  I flew to Knock Airport for £50 and hired a car from there.

Anyway, thanks to John I passed with a Grade 5.

Good luck to all of you out there who are still training to become instructors and isn't it about time that the DSA put a proper regulated training system in place with a specific qualification for those who are training people to become instructors?

Take care,
Vicky  big_smile

10-03-05 08:51:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed Part 3 in January!!!!

#2 10-03-05 15:42:27

beatts

Hi Vicky,

Firstly congratulations on passing with such an excellent score. I failed my first attempt today with a 2 2!!!

anyway I agree with what you are saying entirely, if we as PDI's and ADI's have to go through rigourous checks, why shouldnt ADI trainers. After all you are only as good as the person teaching you, how will you ever improve if your instructor doesnt have the skills in place initially.

I'm not putting blame on anyone here, but as a PDI I went into my test with reasurance from my trainer that I had a very good chance, I put in a much better performance than on any of my previous lessons, but according to the examiner I was woeful on the core competancies..

what can you do?

anyway thats my gripe for the day, still hacked off I failed I guess.

cheers

Beatts

#3 10-03-05 17:03:01

Troll

congratulations & well done Vicky  8)

Beatts I would seriously consider getting yourself a new trainer.

#4 12-03-05 00:10:47

Anonymous

Well done Vicky,  BTW you don't get graded until after your first Check test.

Wessex.

Board footer