You are not logged in.

#1 20-02-08 19:43:33

jackie99100

Sacked my driving instructer

He was getting on my nerves,turning up late and dropping me off early.He even took me to the petrol station as the car had a tiny bit of petrol in it (it wasn't even to let me put petrol in it) I must have mug written all over my face i ended up waiting in a queue fo 10 mins and i am paying for that ,he even told me to pull up so he could post a letter so that's it no more lessons with him.(anyone available tongue)

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

20-02-08 19:43:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Sacked my driving instructer

#2 20-02-08 19:48:58

VandADI
Administrator

Good call Missy, not what we call "professional" is it?

#3 20-02-08 20:19:19

billrhoades
Verified Member

wtg daisy. give me a call lol

#4 20-02-08 20:35:43

Rockin
Verified Member

Where are you. What area do you live.

#5 20-02-08 20:46:07

jackie99100

I am in Merseyside.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#6 20-02-08 22:04:59

wolfchild08

Good on you Miss Daisy, sounds like he was taking you for a right old ride!

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

#7 20-02-08 22:12:59

Leprechaun

i can recommend a good instructor if you're in the croxteth / west derby / norris green area  :?

#8 21-02-08 22:31:42

koolchick

Well done on getting rid tho the getting petrol in your lesson is what a few ADIs occasionally do. My 1st one did but let me fill up each time 2nd one did but didn't get me to do it til about 3rd time.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#9 22-02-08 00:10:29

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

thats not really on. good for u for getting shut!  big_smile theres plently who will give their all and avoid visiting the petrol station although once isnt a bad idea? try the instructors index on here and see who may be near you? then chat and see who "floats your boat" - lots of good instructors about so dont settle for any less - good luck

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#10 24-02-08 03:01:58

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I try to give all of my students at least one go at refuelling because there is more to know about it than you might first think, and it can be a dangerous exercise if certain safety tips are not heeded.

Despite it being part of my normal teaching, I ask my student first, and add extra time to the lesson to cover the refuelling time. I make sure I never run the car close to empty, one of the reasons is so that a lesson can go on if a student doesn't want to refuel.

Refuelling during a lesson the way your instructor did is simply not on!

We have a lot of dodgy ADIs in my area (Darwin, NT Australia) known as "cowboys" and occasionally I get one of their ex-students who are fed up with short lessons, sitting in a car while the instructor shops or attends to other business, spending part of a lesson dropping off the previous student even if it means going to an area unsuitable for training, being yelled at for not correctly doing something they haven't been shown how to do - the list goes on and on.

Sadly though, a lot of learners put up with this treatment because they assume it is how professional driver training is normally conducted.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#11 06-03-08 00:03:25

BroomBroom

Good for you, I'm going to go through instructors like mothers go through prospective suitors for their children, I'm gonna keep on till I find someone good enough for me...lol

Seriously though stopping off for petrol seems a bit much, mine drove to his house on a couple of occasions so he could collect something/drop something off and on more than one time I was like errand boy driving him to the cash point "Just pull up here I need to quickly get some money out" and he'd often also scare the hell out of me by reaching over and tooting the horn on a busy road just so he could wave at someone who he knew passing by.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 06-03-08 11:37:11

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

...reaching over and tooting the horn on a busy road just so he could wave at someone who he knew passing by...

Doesn't sound professional to me! warning devices are not for saying 'hello'.

I once had to share a house with 4 other men in a remote mining community, we all worked for the same huge training company. I was the only one doing cars/trucks and I also had the power to train & certify new driving instructors. The other trainers did earthmoving equipment & building construction.

Every evening after work we drove to the mining mess for a meal, I took them in my training car.
One of them was pestering me to "give him a bit of training (10 seconds, say) and issue his instructor's certificate".

He was a real pain, he insisted on sitting in the front passenger's seat, leaning across and tooting or shouting suggestive things to young ladies (we were in a liveried car and some of them were my pupils!!), or suddenly pulling the handbrake on while we were moving in traffic.

I refused to let him become a driving instructor, saying he was so childish and irresponsible I didn't think he should even have an ordinary licence let alone being allowed to teach.
Of course he got bitter & twisted over this to the point I had to move out of the house into single person quarters (aaaahh the bliss!).

As you can see we do things  differently down here and a lot of instructors get through the system and become a danger to road users.

From reading this forum the last few years i can see that the UK puts much more effort into training, certifying and monitoring ADIs (ours are not monitored at all, not in the NT anyway), but it looks like Miss Daisy & BroomBroom managed to get one who slipped through the system.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer