You are not logged in.

#1 20-02-08 18:05:26

donnajoanne
Verified Member

booked part 2, but have many questions

Hi,  all........

is the part 2 really that bad, my driving instructor has told me that as i only passed mt test 5yrs ago i dont have too many faults. Have corrected most,(so i think) am having another lesson soon and will find out. Having trouble with coasting but thats my cars fault (it judders so bad so i reallly should change down gears but apparently your not supposed to for eco driving? and its become a habit), when i drive my partners car and concentrate i dont coast.  Does any one have any tips?

20-02-08 18:05:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: booked part 2, but have many questions

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-02-08 18:15:40

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Trust your trainer - if they think you're ok, you're ok.

The comment about changing gears worried me a bit - if the car's juddering, it's definitely not in the correct gear. If a car is not in the correct gear it will not be eco.

Change just before the judder, but don't just change to the next gear down (5th to 4th to 3rd etc), change to the next gear that is going to be useful to you.

A slow gear change allowing time for the speed to be brought down according to the new gear is acceptable if the jump between gears is large (5th to 2nd) or if the change to 1st won't go in (1st usually won't engage until you're below a certain speed - had one car where this speed was 8mph, most cars will allow the gear to select at 15ish though).

Practise and planning are all that is needed I would've thought. Good luck.

#3 23-02-08 17:01:54

Jakey
Verified Member

Hi

Don't worry about the part 2, it's quite easy as long as your relaxed!!

I did mine about 18 months ago, the ex was very chatty, didn't stop talking till she told me I had passed.

Don't wait until the car judders, change gear before it does, block change if you can, sequential changing is fine too also.
Don't worry about eco, it's more important to be in the correct gear for the road speed/conditions etc. Think of it this way, you WILL earn yourself a mark if your in the wrong gear. Plan ahead, look for the gear changing situations, Slowing down, Speeding up.
Getting the clutch down earlier will completely stop the juddering.

Download the ADI test routes from your chosen test centre, get out and practice on them.
Don't drive other cars at least 2 weeks before your test.

I passed first time with a clean sheet.

Good luck for yours

Part 1 98%
Part 2 Clean sheet
Part 3 2nd attempt
First check test grade 4
Second check test grade 5

Board footer