You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 12-02-08 23:33:15

DEE

Being bullied on the road

Hi All  smile

Today was driving along a country road which was NSL
This road is one I use every day and runs through Cannock Chase
The road runs straight through the forest and has high trees on both sides of the roads so you cant see around the corners untill you are right at the corner
The road is also a bad accident black spot and there have been many fatal accidents on it.

The problem today was I was driving this road at about 40mph which is quite fast for this road if you dont know it very well. And an idiot comes up behind me riding on my bumper....Flashing his headlights at me and beeping his horn trying to bully me into driving faster.........Of course I didnt as I know this road very well and know that there is a very steep hill coming up...........Anyway he overtakes me at great speed pulls in front of me and speeds up.......Then he slows down and slams his brakes on..Speeds up again and slams his brakes on again..........Then because he wasnt paying attention to the road in front of him he very nearly missed a very nasty turn in the road.

I suppose the moral of this story is DONT let other drivers bully you into driving faster than you feel safe driving

I hope the fright given to the driver when he almost missed the bend has taught him a lesson.........Though I very much doubt it unfortunatly

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

12-02-08 23:33:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Being bullied on the road

#2 13-02-08 06:31:51

ExAdiNigel

Dee,

Frustrating as it may be, next time some muppet behaves like this, find somewhere safe and pull over to let them pass.  That way the muppet isn't getting so wound up and neither are you.  the muppet can then go on and include someone else in his accident rather than you!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 13-02-08 14:33:48

may
Verified Member

I try to pull over and let them carry on but if i can't i just carry on driving at the speed i'm at although if there are 2 of us in the car and i still have my roofbox on i take just that little bit longer :evil:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 15-02-08 01:55:55

DEE

Dee,

Frustrating as it may be, next time some muppet behaves like this, find somewhere safe and pull over to let them pass.  That way the muppet isn't getting so wound up and neither are you.  the muppet can then go on and include someone else in his accident rather than you!

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Thanks for the reply

The muppet did overtake me .....It wasnt really safe to pull over anywhere.
But he wasnt really satisfied once he had overtaken me....He sped up then slowed down till I gained on him....and did this about 5 times.
There was nowhere to pull over safely so I had to keep going or I would have gladly pulled over and left this muppet to go on his merry way

Dee

event.png

#5 15-02-08 21:38:13

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Dee
I did a speed awareness course over the Chase last week, just coming out of Milford towards Rugely, discussing the massive Animal death signs and the deer problem (Reason 40 is sensible) and just as if im bl oody physic out come a herd of deer and the stag in front is hit by an Audi coming the other way. Somehow it jumped up and made for the trees, which is more than the Audi did! Fortunaely the Audi driver was driving appropiatly if he hadnt he would have been very dead, like the guy you descibe will be one day.

Just stick to your guns with idiots like you describe, i bet the d ick wouldnt have done that with a bloke.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 16-02-08 16:13:59

DEE

Hi Dee
I did a speed awareness course over the Chase last week, just coming out of Milford towards Rugely, discussing the massive Animal death signs and the deer problem (Reason 40 is sensible) and just as if im bl oody physic out come a herd of deer and the stag in front is hit by an Audi coming the other way. Somehow it jumped up and made for the trees, which is more than the Audi did! Fortunaely the Audi driver was driving appropiatly if he hadnt he would have been very dead, like the guy you descibe will be one day.

Just stick to your guns with idiots like you describe, i bet the d ick wouldnt have done that with a bloke.

Hi

You are right the advisory speed limit is 40mph on the Chase
Even though the speed limit is NSL
Most of the locals who know the Chase road drive those roads at 40 or below.
I  have lived in this area all of my life and know the roads very well
There was no way I was going to speed up for a muppet who doesnt know the area (or if he does doesnt care about the danger)
I refuse to be bullied into driving any faster than I feel safe to drive at the time. As you say Deer are a big danger in this area. You cant always see them untill it is too late.

Lets hope the muppet doesnt meet any when he is driving at 70+ MPH across the Chase

And in response to your last comment..Just stick to your guns with idiots like you describe, i bet the d ick wouldnt have done that with a bloke.

You are probably right sadly

Dee

event.png

Board footer