You are not logged in.

#1 01-02-08 11:02:22

iwanadrive

Any tips for keeping the motivation up?

Hi all, I have come on a lot the past year with my driving, especially helped by the fact i now have my own car and a lovely partner who is happy to come out in it with me.  However over the past two months my motivation has really waned.  I thought it was to do with Christmas and being busy, but Christmas is over and i'm still being lazy with it.  I used to go out with my instructor two times a week and three times in my own car.  I still go out with my instructor twice a week (except this week due to a nasty cold) but the private practice is dropping to once a week.  I just don't seem to be able to find the motivation to go out in my own car.  I know people say make journeys in your car that you'd normally make, however with exception to driving to work and back there are few journeys i make, shopping is done on the internet for both our sakes.

I am nearly at test standard, still make mistakes due to inexperience, but 95% of the time i am making decisions for myself and doing the driving, however i still feel nervous about it, not as much as before though.  I just seem to have lost the desire to keep going even though i know i should.  Has any one got any tips that might help keep the motivation up or anyone want to share their experiences? 

I'm not intending on giving it up but just feel i need a boost to get me over the last hurdle.  Cheers in advance.

01-02-08 11:02:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Any tips for keeping the motivation up?

#2 01-02-08 13:32:05

Dimmy

Variety in journeys can help.

Have a goal. Plan a journey that will get you to something that you want.  A trip to the beach. A trip to the forest. A trip to great aunt Matilda who you haven't seen for 10 years. Even a pub lunch.

Write down a list of all the things you will be able to acheive with a driving license that you cant at present.

In private practice. set a goal. " By the end of today I want to be able to park in ANY bay in Tescos car park, safely and promptly."

"By the end of this hour, I want to be able to demonstrate correct use of peep/creep/steer where appropriate.

#3 02-02-08 13:42:03

iwanadrive

Thanks Dimmy for the reply, will certainly try out some of these and set myself more goals with it.  Cheers

#4 06-02-08 21:03:54

littlemissbitch

i can fully understand where your coming from , as i was like that i had been driving on and off for 4 years or more in my own car but i would if i could say to my husband oh you drive i don't feel like it etc .

then once i got my theory booked (only booked that on impulse cause someone i chat too on the net told me too ) that's when i started to really get into the driving seat on most occasion's i could , i passed my thoery in november last year and have been driving most weekends ever since , i started to have proper  adi lesson's in january this year  and was still driving all the time in my car but since last week after my adi said your driving is test standard give or take the odd mistake it's just your manouves that need work i have lost the will to drive my own car , but i know i have to do it as my test is now booked and i need all the practice i can get to help me to prepare for the test .

so my advice to you would be get out in your own car as much as you possibly can , the amount i have saved in lesson's driving my own car is alot , i will of only had about 15 hours adi tuition by the time my test is here so just think of it that way the better you get in your own car the less you will be paying for more lesson's

#5 06-02-08 21:34:53

koolchick

How do you get on with your ADI? Reason I ask is cos I was one of keenest learners all 16 month of learning went through 4 ADIs 1st 3 great loved lessons then last one I was put with a few lessons before last test I wasn't keen on only stayed with him cos too late to delay test didn't enjoy lessons cos he picked so many faults ect wasn't bothered over having lessons for 1st time ever. So make sure you het on with your ADI my 2nd and 3rd ones were great I looked forward to lessons cos I could have a laugh with them ect.

Board footer