You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-03-05 15:45:20

frosty

Is the PDIA HPT training CD Rom worth buying to help me??

Hi guys,

This is my first time on the forum.

I'm training for the ADI qualification and have recently failed my Part 1 exam (I scored 99/100 for theory & only 47 on the HPT test - GUTTED!

) sad

I am training with the Driver Instructor College and am debating whether or not to buy the PDIA training CD rom to help me with the HPT test. Does anyone feel this is worth buying, I've already tried the DSA one and did'nt find it much help - it would'ny show when I clicked for the hazard.

In a slightly similar vain, whilst I did my HPT test at the test centre I got that message on clip 2 to say I've scoed '0' which then made me more awre of how I used the mouse as opposed to clicking for the hazards on the following clips!!

I personally feel that if you do score '0' on a clip - you should be able to carry on regardless and just get the nil score at the end. Does anyone have any comment,or suggestions on these topics??  Look forward to hearing from any of you.

03-03-05 15:45:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Is the PDIA HPT training CD Rom worth buying to help me??

#2 03-03-05 17:57:00

Alibran

Hi Frosty

I did my part 1 about a month ago, and scored 68 on HPT (I must have done something right!)  I did most of my practice with the Focus CDs, which IMO are much more difficult to score highly on than the real thing, then found the DSA's version quite easy when I came to use it.

I'm a bit puzzled about your comments on the DSA CDrom, though.  First of all, I didn't think they did a CDrom, only a DVD - or at least I couldn't find a CDrom version when I searched.  The problem I had with the DVD was that it only responded intermittently when I used it in the DVD player, usually resulting in me scoring 0.  When I used it in a PC with a DVD drive, it wouldn't respond to the mouse, but did respond to the keyboard, and showed a flag each time I clicked.

I did the HPT by imagining I was sat in the car beside a learner and talking about the hazard coming up ......

"Look, there's a bus at the bus stop."  Click
"It's signalling.  Perhaps it's going to pull out."  Click
"It's pulling out now."  Click
And maybe another click if there's time as the car comes up close behind the bus.

I clicked about 10 - 12 times on each clip and 3 - 4 times on each developing hazard, and didn't get "bombed out" of any of them.

Sorry I can't answer your original question because I haven't come across the PDIA CD, but I hope this is some help.

#3 04-03-05 10:51:48

frosty

Thanks for your reply Alibran.

The DSA CDROM was as you said a DVD which is giving me the same problems you have with delays on clicking.

I've now got an appointment with the Driver Instructor College to go back over the HPT mock test using the PDIA CD ROM which I previously scored 66/75.

I think my main problem was after being bombed out on clip 2 I was weary of clicking too many times and think I was clicking too late after that happened.

So just to recap would you click as soon as you see for example someone approching a junction, say from the right, even though it might not develop into a hazard, unless the vehicle proceeds to pull out from the side road?

#4 04-03-05 17:55:37

luchell

you can click for any hazard you see it will bomb you out if you double click even once or click click click to make sure you get the hazard one after another wont work either. they call it cheating lol.alibran got it for saying click for a hazrd as it develops click etc did you double click or were you constantly clicking? three clicks as a hazard develops with a short space between them should do the trick. i used the focus cd rom, although picture quality is poorish and it doesnt bomb you out no matter what you do doesnt help but it certainly gives you an idea as to what you should be clicking for.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 05-03-05 20:38:42

Alibran

frosty wrote:

So just to recap would you click as soon as you see for example someone approching a junction, say from the right, even though it might not develop into a hazard, unless the vehicle proceeds to pull out from the side road?

Yes.  It's a potential hazard.  If you look at it and think, "That car might pull out," then click for it.  If it continues to approach the junction fast, chances are it's going to develop, so click again.  It's pretty much the same as what you do when you're driving ......

"I MIGHT have to take action on that."  Click.
"I WILL have to take action on that."  Click.
"I AM taking action on that."  Click.

#6 06-03-05 09:44:51

terri

hey
i had the same problem as you!
It took me three goes to get the hazard perception!!!
i eventually got the focus driving test success cd rom. It is easier to score zero on that than it is on the real one.
I practiced it everyday and found out just how much i could click. I eventually passed with 65. Not the best but a pass. I have also found that with the cd on the set up you can change the scores for different tests, so you can keep it and 'lend' it too your pupils for their tests.
I was getting petrol after visiting my mum and saw it in the petrol station and got it as an impulse buy!. Best impule buyi have ever made!
Terri
xxx

This parrot is dead
Has ceased to exist
Gone to the cage in the sky

ha ha ha still alive and squawking!

#7 10-03-05 11:20:14

frosty

HAPPY DAYS!!

Just come back form The Driver Instructor College after completing another HPT mock test - I scored 66/75 (same as last time). lol

I'm going to practice some more on the CD/DVD as well as in the car and booking a re-test for a couple of weeks.

In conclusion I'm told by the trainers that I think my nerves got the better of me after being 'bombed-out' on clip2 on the test.

Fingers crossed - I'll let you know how I get on on the second test.

Thanks for your help again! big_smile

Board footer