You are not logged in.

#1 10-01-08 19:25:45

Lianne

Driving Test Coming up

Hay All hope u all had a nice christmas and new year

i have my test coming up in a couple of weeks, am startin to get nervous already, i cant believe how fast it is coming round.

10-01-08 19:25:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving Test Coming up

#2 10-01-08 21:13:37

littlemissbitch

awww good luck try not to get too worked up but that's easier said than done sad

#3 11-01-08 11:14:13

emmajay

Oooh good luck! I agree its gone fast, the lead up to my test was ridiculously fast!

Is this your first test?

#4 11-01-08 13:34:24

dog
Verified Member

Good luck in your test, I was crapping myself on the day of mine, went there expecting a fail but came back with 4 driver faults. smile

#5 11-01-08 13:35:21

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

Hi Lianne,
Don't think the test is special. Driving is special, all the time ! Enjoy your driving test, do as you do with your instructor, change nothing for the test. The examiner is NOT out to get you. Smile a lot, treat the examiner as a friend that cannot drive. Listen carefully to what they say, and if you don't understand, or you forget what exit from the roundabout he/she asked you to take , simply ask them again. The examiners are very user friendly and will actually help you in many ways. Best of luck.
Jon

#6 11-01-08 18:41:29

Lianne

Thanks for all yr tips, means and helps a lot.  yep this is my first test. my main fear is getting the reverse round the corner, as when i come to straighten i sometimes touch the kerb.  but i done this on my last lesson ok, i just need to take my time i guess, my instructor said of i think I'm to close to the kerb, just turn my wheel a tiny bit the other way then back again, will be doing this I'm my lesson 2morrow Will hopefully do all the manouvers

#7 12-01-08 17:51:28

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

The slower you go , tiddly pom, the easier it is ,tiddly pom. Remember more people fail reversing exercises for lack of observation than for hitting the kerb.

#8 19-01-08 17:43:01

Lianne

hello

wow did i really post this a couple of weeks ago.  The big test is on Monday, not feelin as nervous as i have been in the week, had a really good lesson 2day, still touched the kerb in my reverse round corner, but managed to do it again without touchin it.  This weekend is gonna now fly by.

#9 20-01-08 17:20:36

wolfchild08

Good luck with your test  big_smile

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#10 21-01-08 09:38:42

koolchick

The slower you go , tiddly pom, the easier it is ,tiddly pom. Remember more people fail reversing exercises for lack of observation than for hitting the kerb.

Really? On my last test on bay park I was so nervous cos til then I hadn't done anything that I could think of to fail so guessed I would pass if I did bay park well and it was one manoeuvre I wasn't 100% with so was so keen to make sure I got it parked well I completely forgot any observation at all til I had pulled forward to straighten up then remembered so checked all round and finished and passed got a minor for observation tho I guess it depends if there is anyone to see or not I was lucky no other car came near.

Good luck for your test try not to want to pass too much cos thats what made me so nervous and fail. Try to go into test thinking you will do your best and see what happens. Not easy to not be desperate to pass I know but it does help make you less nervous.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 21-01-08 09:44:38

VandADI
Administrator

jonsmithuk wrote:

Really? On my last test on bay park I was so nervous cos til then I hadn't done anything that I could think of to fail so guessed I would pass if I did bay park well and it was one manoeuvre I wasn't 100% with so was so keen to make sure I got it parked well I completely forgot any observation at all til I had pulled forward to straighten up then remembered so checked all round and finished and passed got a minor for observation tho I guess it depends if there is anyone to see or not I was lucky no other car came near.

Good luck for your test try not to want to pass too much cos thats what made me so nervous and fail. Try to go into test thinking you will do your best and see what happens. Not easy to not be desperate to pass I know but it does help make you less nervous.

In my opinion that would have been a fail , as if you had failed to observe how do you know if there was a car/pedestrain there or not, regardless of situation? The fact that you ONLY checked your obs when you had to reposition is normally a fail.  Yet again, inconsistencies in examiner markings have been proved   roll

#12 21-01-08 12:04:23

koolchick

Well it proves some examiners are softer than others I'm just glad I got the examiner I did. I've heard that some examiners ignore certain faults that should be fails if the drive has been good but I got 13 minor hardly the best result.

#13 21-01-08 12:27:37

VandADI
Administrator

but I got 13 minor hardly the best result.

This I find most disconcerting, coupled with the fact that since you passed your test, you are still not driving defensively (as posted on another forum) statistically, you will be the 1 in 5 driver that is most likely to have an accident within the first year of passing test.  I wish you the best of luck koolchick.

#14 21-01-08 22:03:25

learnerdriver

Hay All hope u all had a nice christmas and new year

i have my test coming up in a couple of weeks, am startin to get nervous already, i cant believe how fast it is coming round.

Good luck!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url

#15 22-01-08 18:09:03

Lianne

im so upset i failed... i got my worst reversin manouver. reverse round corner.  my car was to far away from the kerb and she would not let mje fix it.. but i only got 2 minors.. soooo horrible to fail...

#16 22-01-08 18:30:22

scaredy cat

So sorry Lianne  :cry:.  Hope you've booked you're next one.  More practise on reverse around the corner, but everything else is obviously fine.  Got mine on Monday and really nervous.  Don't lose hope as I'm sure you'll pass next time.   smile

#17 22-01-08 18:47:22

VandADI
Administrator

Look at it this way, you only got 2 MINORS.  That is fantastic!
Just fix the left reverse and you will have that pass certificate in no time. wink

#18 22-01-08 18:54:19

Lianne

awww thank you.  yep i have just booked my next one.  I knew i failed after the reverse round corner, i can sometimes do it, and others not.  I also made a mistake at Wallington Round-about but i knew i had failed by that stage, just need to be much more observeant next time.. fingers Crossedd

Ps.. good luck for monday xxx

#19 22-01-08 18:56:47

VandADI
Administrator

Would that be Wallington - Mint House by any chance?

#20 22-01-08 19:01:00

Lianne

yep.. thats the one, i c yr from couldson, thats where i am..lol well im in Hooley.

#21 22-01-08 19:03:18

VandADI
Administrator

Hey, just up the road from me  smile
If there is anything I can do to help, just give me a shout.
Good luck for your next test.

#22 22-01-08 19:22:19

koolchick

I know how bad it is to fail I was still bit upset the day after my 1st test. It did get easyer for me after 1st test.

#23 22-01-08 20:12:25

Lianne

i kept cryin when i got back to work on the day.  im still gutted that i failed, but just lookin to the next one now, hopefully its will bring me more luck.  have u passed yr test now?.

#24 22-01-08 20:16:17

VandADI
Administrator

Lianne, you will feel better tomorrow and you have your next test booked so that is a plan to move forward.
Learn from mistakes made on this test to ensure it won't happen again. wink
Good luck.

#25 22-01-08 20:19:16

Lianne

aww thank you, yeah im ok now, bit gutted but hay.  My instructor says not to worry, and well done on just gettin 2 minors..lol

Board footer