You are not logged in.

#1 08-01-08 16:52:54

starlight_

whats the longest any of your pupils have been out on test?

Had yet another driving test today, examiner goes through everything and clearly states test will be approx 30-40minutes.. So there I was coming towards what I assume was the end of the test (at this particular test centre after stint on A2 you would normally be directed back) thinking to myself fantastic all I need to do now is bay park and I nailed it. How totally wrong was I!!!!!!  When out of no where I'm directed elsewhere to do a Left Reverse this extending test to about 53 minutes.

So whats the longest any of your pupils have been out on test?

I failed yet again .... blooming Left Reverse!!! and thats all I failed on, same corner as last test!!! AAAARGH!

I blinking passed, at last!! smile 19/03/08 - OMG I've been driving a year! Sold Betty & haven't stopped sobbing since....

08-01-08 16:52:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: whats the longest any of your pupils have been out on test?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 08-01-08 17:05:42

gday
Verified Member
Website

1 hour was my longest, depends on traffic and your progress!

#3 08-01-08 17:17:17

VandADI
Administrator

One hour for me too, and my pupil passed!  smile

#4 08-01-08 17:23:35

starlight_

1 driver fault for progress, I had ADI sit in back of test, even he was miffed at detour. He was thinking the same as me, that we were on our way back to the TC going on time and the fact I'd already completed TIR and Emergency Stop. Traffic was pretty average for time of day test was at 2.30pm.

So I was just wondering how common it was, time wise, since my previous tests lasted about 35minutes.

Really really kicking myself at the mo, examiner said it was like I was talking myself out of completing the manouver. I even pulled forward slightly to correct myself just didn't adjust the steering to stop me from slighty mounting a low rise curb.... d'oh at me... extremely annoyed at myself. Especially since it was the corner I went to wide on during previous test. So I'm feeling pretty stupid at the momment since up until then I'd only made 7 driver errors.

I blinking passed, at last!! smile 19/03/08 - OMG I've been driving a year! Sold Betty & haven't stopped sobbing since....

#5 08-01-08 17:40:30

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Had two that have taken between 50 & 55 mins.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#6 08-01-08 19:28:10

Luchell
Verified Member

1 hour 20 minutes with me needing  vodka by that point  yikes Pupil kept going the wrong way.

Time to appeal Kate, good that your adi was with you.

#7 08-01-08 19:59:52

gday
Verified Member
Website

What is there to appeal against Luchell?

By her own admission starlight mounted the Kerb on reverse round left corner, albeit "slightly" on a "low rise Kerb".

Whether it be 35, 38, 42 or 53 minutes you still need to be able to perform to the required standard and our Pupils usually drive for longer than that on their lessons.

Starlight you are required to undertake 2 maneuvers on test, in addition an emergency stop may be required as well, Emergency Stop does not count as a maneuver.

If your test was at 2.30 by 3 O'Clock you would have been hitting the school traffic no doubt which may have delayed your progress somewhat.

It is a shame because it appears that you generally had a good drive and sounds like you are well within the required standard you just need to nail that left reverse and not be distrated next time by what you assume is going to happen or how long you have been driving. Best of luck next time I am sure you will crack it.

#8 08-01-08 20:15:50

starlight_

OOh now I remember why I stopped posting here!

I am more than aware of how many manouvers etc are required of me to achieve a pass, thankyou. Hense why I'm kicking myself.

My post was out of general intrigue as to longest test time.................. I haven't posted here for a while thought it might be a topic for conversation as there are a few people who I've recieved continuous support and advice who I thought might like to hear how I'm doing.

It wasn't until we actually got back to the TC I realised how long I'd been out. I'm more than used to driving for a 2 hour period on my lesson. Admittedly previous tests have been before 2pm so it didn't really cross my mind that the examiner might detour my test because of traffic since the area I took my test is not local or very well known to me altho this is the 2nd time I've been to test at this centre.

#9 08-01-08 20:31:07

gday
Verified Member
Website

Starlight sorry if you took offence but my last response was not "aimed at you" it was really asking Luchell why she thought you should appeal and you clearly missed was what meant as a compliment about your driving and I did originally just answer your question in my original post on this matter.

Sorry smile

#10 08-01-08 20:52:30

starlight_

g'day.. I did have a good drive, thankyou. The worst thing about it is, I can actually do this manouver well. If you look at my previous posts it was once my bone of contention. But I've worked really hard to achieve it. Which is why I'm so hacked!

#11 08-01-08 23:33:47

gday
Verified Member
Website

Stick at it you will do it, I know it is Disapointing, maybe as an ADI I should not post this on here but it took me 4 goes to pass my original driving test!

#12 09-01-08 11:15:15

kjs
Verified Member
Website

hi starlight. sorry you didn't do it again but hopefully you will next time.
kjs

#13 10-01-08 00:48:05

Luchell
Verified Member

G'day I am not saying there is anything to appeal against but that doesn't mean that kate cannot chase it up should she and her instructor feel the test wasn't quite as it should have been. Once again i was NOT there so i am not suggesting something wasn't fair.

#14 10-01-08 00:59:14

gday
Verified Member
Website

Oh I see.

You are up late!

#15 10-01-08 12:33:19

Luchell
Verified Member

lol No i couldn't sleep so thought i may as well reply  lol

Board footer