You are not logged in.

#1 02-03-05 15:33:47

DFincham

ADI Part 3 training

Hi
I am currently undertaking my training for the Part 3 ADI examination.  My trainer is only sub-contracting for the driving school I am with, and his diary is kept now only with the driving school, (in other words they have to book me in for lessons as and when they can get me in his diary).  There has been so many breaks in between the lessons that I haven't had enough training to get through the test that is booked for 5th April.  I rang DSA to re-arrange the test, and they informed me that my time will run out for completing the course on 28th May, but because I had rang before it ran out, they could give me a test on 21st June, but that would be my only attempt, I wouldn't have time to have any other attempts.  My driving school have booked me in for emergency appointments with my instructor, but even if I can get more tuition in and bring the test forward, I will only still get 2 attempts instead of the 3 attempts.  My driving school has also told me that I will need to get my car insured for a leaner driver for my part 3, but my insurance company, aswell as others I've heard about, cant get insurance for the day, so that means I have to pay someone, (if they have that day free), to borrow their car.  When I've already paid over £2000,00 for this course, its a discrace.  Dont know if there is anyone else like me?

02-03-05 15:33:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Part 3 training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 02-03-05 16:41:30

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi D

Did you know that you only had two years to take and pass ALL three exams from the date you passed the part 1?

If so I wonder why it has taken you so long to get to this stage?

It is difficult for me or any other ADI trainer to say who is at fault as I would expect my trainees to have passed their part 2 within 6 months of passing the part 1 - leaving 18 months for part 3 training

If this is the case with you - I am afraid you need to take some repsonsibilty for not doing something about this earlier and leaving it to the last minute - I would have been concerned at the delay after a year was left and complained then

Of course I do not know your circumstances but the training establishment will have a lot of trainees and all of them want to train asap

When you pass the part 3 and have pupils you will have the same problem when you are fully booked

Its a bit like a pupil calling you for a practical test as their theory runs out in two months

I hope you get through the test but you need to put into writing your complaint to your training establishment asap

Regards  lol

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

#3 02-03-05 17:56:46

DFincham

Hi Jeni
Thanks for the info.  I do take part responsibility for the training taking so long, but I have only ever cancelled an appointment once since I have been training, and had 3 test dates cancelled.  Obviously that's not anyone's fault as such, but when test dates are cancelled, months can go past before you get another.  I did realise I only had a certain time to do the course in, but I just would have thought the driving school may have noticed, and tried to get more appointments for me.  Then they nearly went bust recently, so no training was being given then for a few weeks.  I don't think I could have done anything much different really to hurry things along.  I will say though, that when I first started the course, I was working full time, not getting home until 6.30/7.00pm sometimes, and as a consequence didn't get through the first part very quickly.  I then gave up work and things moved on alot quicker.  As far as writing a letter of complaint goes, I don't think that would make any difference to them.  They have had lots of complaints of this sort, and some people I have heard have argued that they haven't received the training they were promised, and so have been compensated and gone with other schools.  Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply.  I shall slog on.
Deb

#4 02-03-05 18:55:35

rachdrive
Website

Hi Deb,

You do have another option. Get training from someone else at the same time. This will cost you more money, but then at this stage, you are likely to lose your investment if you take the test when you are not ready!

If you can get lots training elsewhere, then the test dates you have shouldn't be too much of a problem, though you would have to work your socks off and give it 100%

Good luck
Rach  8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

#5 03-03-05 11:43:15

DFincham

Hi Rach

Thanks for replying.  I had considered paying more and going with someone else, but the driving school has put me in for some more lessons, and i'll have to keep ringing DSA to get a cancellation test, hopefully for May, then I might stand a chance of getting in 2 tests rather than just the one.  I will try hard, what have I got to loose :!:

Deb

#6 03-03-05 12:03:51

rachdrive
Website

Hi Deb,

What is this 2 tests talk???? You should be aiming to pass first time!! Go into it with a POSITIVE attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best
Rach  8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

#7 04-03-05 10:09:26

DFincham

Hi Rach

Yes of course your right.  I will endevour to pass first time, thank you for the push.

Best Regards

Deb

Board footer