You are not logged in.

#1 06-12-07 19:47:11

infectedcat

Other Gastos

hi, i seen a camera by some traffic lights and it looked like a speed camera but there were no markings on the road?

is this type of camera for people who jump red lights? and if so does this camera flash if you pass a red light?

regards

06-12-07 19:47:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Other Gastos

#2 06-12-07 19:49:15

ExAdiNigel

????? A camera bought some traffic lights?? big_smile

Seriously, yes it is probably a red light camera.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 06-12-07 20:23:51

infectedcat

are you ok nigel? why would a camera buy some traffic lights :?

ok but will this flash if you passed a red light?

it looks the same a s a speed camera yellow box etc

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 06-12-07 20:39:02

emmajay

I didnt get what he was on about either but i re read your post....

"i seen a camera by some traffic lights" 

by as in buy? lol

I dont think they flash, i've seen people jump lights and have never noticed them flash.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 07-12-07 06:46:49

ExAdiNigel

infectedcat wrote:

I didnt get what he was on about either but i re read your post....

"i seen a camera by some traffic lights" 

by as in buy? lol

I dont think they flash, i've seen people jump lights and have never noticed them flash.

Before InfectedCat edited the original post it said BUY not BY.  So why the confusion on InfectedCat's part I don't know!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#6 07-12-07 21:41:38

infectedcat

dont worrie about it nigel were all sain people in here you wasnt seeing things wink

emmajay thanx. but how do you know? maybe they dont flash? maybe they just record yikes?

#7 07-12-07 23:07:08

Dimmy

They will flash twice.
One photo of your vehicle before the stop line showing your vehicle and the red light, and another photo of your vehicle beyond the stop line.

#8 12-12-07 16:39:20

dog
Verified Member

They don't record, they take (2) photos. And unlike Gatso cameras, they use proximity sensors in the road instead of radar. I expect they do flash, but only in low light. And yes they do only catch you for jumping red lights - not for speeding, although I suspect if you do jump a red whilst speeding, you might get 6 points and a £120 fine  yikes

Board footer