You are not logged in.

#1 02-12-07 09:04:20

Dimmy

my 10 driving stats.

I've just got my driving logs upto date (something I've done since I 1st had a moped at age of 16).

As of August 2007, I have had a  license for  26 years. In that time I have:
1. Driven 1,650,000 miles.
2. Owned 19 vehicles.
3. Driven 112 vehicles.
4. Been responsible for 1 single vehicle accident.
5. Been responsible for 2 accidents involving a 3rd party.
6. Not been responsible for an accident for 20 years.
7. Been involved in 8 non fault accidents.
8. Been found guilty of 3 motoring offences.
9. Taken 1 driving test, (2 if I include ADI part 2).
10. Never driven completely fault free.

Have you got 10 driving facts that you wish to share?

02-12-07 09:04:20

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: my 10 driving stats.

#2 02-12-07 09:43:31

DampDog
Verified Member

Can't say I've ever kept a motoring log other than keeping an eye on the mpg now and then.

1. Cheapest car (1st) £60 Mini
2. Most expensive Golf GTI £16200
3. Maddest car Fiat X1/9 Fiat + (Fix - It - Again - Tomorrow)
4. No of cars gotten into by mistake for mine = 1 (Yes my key fitted)
5. No of wrong turns taken, hundreds!
6. No of walls knocked over = 1 (Nudged when parking and the ?????? fell over!)
7. Detached gear levers = 1 ( made for an interesting few seconds)
8. At fault accidents = 1
9. Accident due to 3rd party = 1
10. Never driven completely fault free, probably never will.... sad

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 02-12-07 12:02:26

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Here I go...

1) First car - and the cheapest - in 1967, a 1949 sidevalve Morris Minor with engine running on 3 cylinders, for $A50. Especially cheap as Dad paid for it! No worries about the engine, a "wrecked dinghy" with the same type of engine was lying alongside, a few more dollars changed hands, engine swap done, away I went with original donk sitting in boot.

2) Number of cars owned - I can't match Dimmy's total of 19 but I had 10, the most reliable by far being 2 Corollas, the most fun a Cortina with a 6-cylinder engine. Worst - Cortina with a six cylinder engine (body fell to bits in a BIG way), Cortina with a 4-cylinder engine (hopeless vibrating gutless engine). Most comfortable tourer - a classic old Holden V8. Most useful - a Toyota Hilux utility.

3) Prangs I've caused? oh god how embarrassing. The first was when I skidded my 1956 Velox into the back of a car waiting at a ferry crossing, a stupid young man (me) who was yet to learn about defensive driving and the limitations of novice drivers. The last well I didn't so much cause it but failed to prevent it. A student for some unknown reason decided to suddenly give my powerful 2.4l litre Lancer full-throttle in a carpark - I was a bit late with the dual brake.

4) Detached gear levers? In my case it was a detached steering wheel followed by a detached rear seat. While trying to sell my Minor to a mate with his wife in the rear seat, I got caught braking too late approaching a remote crossroad (unpaved). I braked so hard the steering wheel column came out of the floor, we skidded across the empty intersection and thumped a low embankment. The rear seat complete with mate's missus tried to join us in front. No, in case you were wondering, I didn't make
the sale.

5) Numbers of cars gotten into by mistake. I've got close to getting into a few, but on one unhappy occasion I went the full Monty so to speak.
Intermission at the Tennant Creek Drive-In Theatre was over, lights went out, I made my way from the canteen back to my car in near darkness. Ah! the orange Cortina at last. Balance goodies in one hand, open door with other, jump into driver's seat. Oops wrong car!! The male who was occupying the driver's seat was NOT impressed!! Just my luck that one of the smallest, remotest outback towns had two identical cars. This was just as embarrassing as the infamous "rubber band incident" which was mentioned in a recent thread, whichalso happened in Tennant Creek.

6) I've been driving for 42 years now - I don't know the miles I've logged but even before I was an ADI I had jobs involving very long distance driving in the outback and elsewhere, not to mention 6,000km return trips on annual leave. Must be in the many millions of km's

7) I think that's enough, points 1) to 5) are embarrassing enough.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 02-12-07 12:30:16

DampDog
Verified Member

Here I go...

5) Numbers of cars gotten into by mistake. I've got close to getting into a few, but on one unhappy occasion I went the full Monty so to speak.
Intermission at the Tennant Creek Drive-In Theatre was over, lights went out, I made my way from the canteen back to my car in near darkness. Ah! the orange Cortina at last. Balance goodies in one hand, open door with other, jump into driver's seat. Oops wrong car!! The male who was occupying the driver's seat was NOT impressed!! Just my luck that one of the smallest, remotest outback towns had two identical cars. This was just as embarrassing as the infamous "rubber band incident" which was mentioned in a recent thread, whichalso happened in Tennant Creek.

Don't blame the bloke for being upset... You doing the "Full Monte" and having your goodies in you hand, that must have been some sight... big_smile big_smile big_smile

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#5 02-12-07 13:05:49

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

1. Passed test first time in  1985  big_smile
2. First car 'Simca' given to me by my dear ole grandad
3. No motoring offences/accidents to date in 22yrs of driving
4. Stopped by the police once (routine check)
5. Drove my first diesel in  2007
6. Number of cars owned 12
7. Favourite car owned 'Astra' sport
8. Most embarressing moment while driving....been to shops to buy loo roll, put it on roof to unlock car, got in & drove off with it on roof!
9. Get panicky when i get lost which has happened lots of times in big towns/cities (i take my hat off to instructors/drivers who cover those areas)
10. Could i live without being able to drive.....NO! (hate public transport)

#6 02-12-07 16:14:30

pj
Verified Member

Dimmy you have too much time on your hands  roll Hayley sort him out can't you.....buy him a dog for xmas big_smile

Here goes mine

1. Passed test 2nd time 23.12.1985
2. First car was a Fiat Panda :oops:
3. No motoring offences ever :angel:
4. Stopped by the police once coz I had a clean car and they thought I was too young to have an Astra SRI. :evil:
5. Owned about 7 cars neutral
6. Had 1 non fault accident :x
7. I hate public transport too.......the London Underground is not a nice place. :evil:
8. Locked my keys in the car once + the baby was asleep inside....big panic followed yikes
9. Favourite colour of car is Silver
10. Never get lost...just take the scenic route  roll tongue

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#7 02-12-07 16:38:55

Luchell
Verified Member

lol I was about to ask him what he earth he was doing and how long it must have taken him  lol lol

Yes a dog......... good idea  lol

1.Passed driving test 4.12.1996 first time

2.Had a Volkswagon polo coupe 1986 c for my first car, wouldn't go up hills when cold   roll lol

3.Since that car had 7 cars ending with an N reg peugeot 106 diesel that i sold to a pupil whilst still with Bsm

4.Owned two tuition cars, blue renault clio (poopy lets not go there) and my Swifty both named Bern  smile smile

5.Had two accidents, one my fault on black ice took a bend too fast not too long after passing and it wasn't much fun to put it mildly. 2nd non fault in ice woman coming other way no seatbelts on no licence etc   roll :x

6. Got caught speeding at READ CAREFULLY 47 mph in a 70mph  :x :x  roll Became one of many thousands of motorists fighting for their clean licence back due to safety camera units having fun with their van whilst the temporary speed limit and roadworks were NOT in place. Finally someone broke the case proving there were no records the signs were up whatsoever. Then i received the 'in the interest of fairness we will take the points off your licence' Darn right you will and wheres my SORRY!!  :x

7.Driven far more than 112 cars but sadly i didn't list them anywhere i just know i have  lol lol For my dad's car sales business i was always moving and driving different cars.

8. The only car i detested so badly i refused to get in and drive another?> Renault 5  :x

9.I don't think i could live day to day life if i couldn't drive  neutral

10. Hadn't been on a bus since passing until i had to leave my car in bath to finish my adi training i had to get on a park and ride  :x Oh i hated it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 02-12-07 21:20:21

den676
Verified Member

3. No motoring offences/accidents to date in 22yrs of driving

Gosh!

Right little goodie two shoes aren't we binty  lol lol

#9 03-12-07 01:27:03

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

...10. Hadn't been on a bus since passing until i had to leave my car in bath to finish my adi training i had to get on a park and ride  :x Oh i hated it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad...

Surely a quick wash in the driveway, a hose down and a chamois off will do the job instead?
Anyway you should never leave a car unattended in a bath, they aren't responsible you know. Tsk tsk

tongue big_smile big_smile big_smile

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#10 03-12-07 08:42:43

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

tongue Den  :angel:

#11 03-12-07 19:34:17

dog
Verified Member

LOL

here we go

1) Held licence for 2.5 months
2) Driven 12 cars, none belonging to me
3) Taken 1 test (updated test obviously), passed
4) Never caused an accident
5) Been in 2 accidents, 1 very serious

#12 04-12-07 15:51:03

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

Well here's my input

1. Passed my driving test March '98, my bike test in October '00 and my final ADI test on October '06

2. Owned 4 cars (Fiesta, Golf, Clio and a Fiat Tipo), and 5 bikes (CB125, Bandit 400, GPZ 500, Fazer 600, Diversion 400)

3. Only ever had one at fault accident, one no fault accident (both within a month!), and was miffed by a muddy corner on my bike once and ended up sliding down the road, with a broken collar bone to show how silly I was

4. I don't mind public transport, but don't like buses. I would rather cycle (and often do!)

5. No motoring convictions  :angel:

6. Stopped by the police once (7 years ago), for a headlight bulb being out

7. Would much rather get my hands dirty playing with engine parts than take it to a garage (or in with one of my bikes, play with the engine, then have to borrow a friend's van to take it to the garage, so they could fix my mistake!)

8. Never owned a diesel, but that might change next year

9. Stupid mistakes - 1 - locked keys in the car before a job interview. Luckily I had just bought the car from a friend and he hadn't dropped over the spare key yet. I managed to get to the interview on time...just smile

10. Absolutely no one is a perfect driver all the time

Rob

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

#13 28-01-08 21:33:30

Leprechaun

Right, here's mine

1. Passed my first test 15/01/2007 9.37am LOL (2 driver faults smile )

2. Currently on my 4th car, first diesel

3. Caused 2 accidents  :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

4. No convictions  :angel:

5. passed IAM test September 2003  lol

6. Became an IAM observer March 2004

7. Failed DIAmond test October 2007 sad

8. once got so lost i was late for a job interview (surprisingly i still got the job  yikes big_smile)

9. Have driven a variety of big vehicles at a ladies driving challenge day  lol

10. Never driven faultlessly either

#14 28-01-08 22:19:59

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

1) Passed my 4th test on 12/10/05

2) Currently drive in excess of 250miles a week

3) I am still on my first car - he is very low mileage despite being 10 years old!

4) Driven about 16,000 miles ish since I passed my test.

5) I am hopeless with directions and have even managed to get lost in freddie WITH the sat nav, D'oh. It didn;t makeit explicit that the street I wanted was this huge long main road, I didn;t relaise, its just near me but I didn;t realise, LOL!

6)Been in 1 accident, was eventually deemed to be all my fault AFTER the witness chnaged what they said blah blah blah.

7) Have driven on our private road mum's X type jaguar and dads VW transporter van - has a middle mirror but solid doors, logic erm I see none lol Disliked both because stalled them so easily, people telling me diesel's ahrder to stall pfffft hahaha.

8) No convistions to date *touches wood so as not to jinx it)

9) never driven faultless except for a 20min stretch in my 3rd test where was told drove with no minors of majors, drn it, just means faults wouldn;t have been big enough to mark at all though b:lol:

10) I use the A2 every weekday of my driving life, it is the bane of my driving life because it gets so flippin clogged up, with roadworks not helping

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

Board footer