You are not logged in.

#1 29-11-07 17:17:46

koolchick

ADI mistakes

Well just reading the "feeling a little stupid" post on ADI section where ADIs post daft things they have done. Heres a few 2 of my ADIs did I passed a 40 sign and my ADI says its still 30 limit I have to tell him I've just passed a 40 sign. One lesson with 3rd ADI he decided to take me on motorway with him driving of course so as we swapped seats he took his roof thing off which I'm sure was the only thing on the car that told others that is was a learner driving. Did motorway then swapped back so I was driving I drove myself home on way saw my last ADI so text him when I got in saying I'd seen him and he replyed back was it a blue car with no Ls it was only then I remembered my ADI forgot to put roof thing back on. My ADI said there were Ls on the car but I never saw them and my other ADI who I'd seen got colour of car right so I guess my ADI didn't want any trouble over me driving with no Ls which was a mistake which I wouldn't of said anything more about.

29-11-07 17:17:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI mistakes

#2 29-11-07 18:51:38

ExAdiNigel

There are some people that have trouble admitting to making mistakes!  Personally I prefer to own up to mistakes - it helps to show I'm human! 

Nigel

ps I have forgotten to put roof board on before! sad

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 29-11-07 19:44:55

Top Marks
Verified Member

Me to Nige!

[IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/markadi_2006/av.jpg[/img]

WWW.Top-Marks-SoM.CoM

#4 29-11-07 20:16:17

spikeyperch

Its people like us that make mistakes, that make all the smart arses who are so perfect, look so !!!!!!!! good. The rest of us can only look up to them in awe and wonder. Ev wink

#5 29-11-07 20:58:44

Top Marks
Verified Member

Ha ha ha ..........

[IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/markadi_2006/av.jpg[/img]

WWW.Top-Marks-SoM.CoM

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 29-11-07 22:33:51

Karenadi
Verified Member

Its people like us that make mistakes, that make all the smart arses who are so perfect, look so !!!!!!!! good. The rest of us can only look up to them in awe and wonder. Ev wink

Thanks so much Ev. Nice to know you guys appreciate perfection when you see it. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 30-11-07 10:38:25

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

There are some people that have trouble admitting to making mistakes!  Personally I prefer to own up to mistakes - it helps to show I'm human! 

Nigel

ps I have forgotten to put roof board on before! sad

And me, went for most of the day with no L-plates!

Rob

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

#8 30-11-07 11:59:10

VandADI
Administrator

Congratulations!  You're not perfect!  It's ridiculous to want to be perfect anyway.  But then, everybody's ridiculous sometimes, except perfect people.  You know what perfect is?  Perfect is not eating or drinking or talking or moving a muscle or making even the teensiest mistake.  Perfect is never doing anything wrong - which means never doing anything at all.  Perfect is boring!  So you're not perfect!  Wonderful!  Have fun!  Eat things that give you bad breath!  Trip over your own shoelaces!  Laugh!  Let somebody else laugh at you!  Perfect people never do any of those things.  All they do is sit around and sip weak tea and think about how perfect they are.  But they're really not one-hundred-percent perfect anyway.  You should see them when they get the hiccups!  Phooey!  Who needs 'em?  You can drink pickle juice and imitate gorillas and do silly dances and sing stupid songs and wear funny hats and be as imperfect as you please and still be a good person.  Good people are hard to find nowadays.  And they're a lot more fun than perfect people any day of the week. 

#9 30-11-07 17:15:53

Lexy
Verified Member
Website

YAY! Go Vanda!!!

#10 30-11-07 18:45:48

bay

I have had to tell my ADI to put the roof box on a few times. Once he left it at home so had to drive without it. (Other drivers treated me like I'd passed)
My ADI does not tell me which way to turn at junctions so I have to keep asking sometimes twice.

5th Test Passed 22/04/08

#11 30-11-07 23:06:25

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

i was once told "dont you need to put the box on" "oh yer sorry" we do make mistakes  big_smile - no-one is  perfect and the perfect driver has yet to be born - we're just better than most  :evil:  roll
ps i cocked up the local spiral yesterday on my way to the lesson because i was thinking about the lesson. i left at wrong exit - turned round and came back   roll  sh!t happens

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#12 30-11-07 23:52:25

Serpico
Verified Member

The daft thing is that your instructor can drive quite legally on the motorway whilst displaying L plates.

#13 01-12-07 08:50:39

kjs
Verified Member
Website

The daft thing is that your instructor can drive quite legally on the motorway whilst displaying L plates.

I agree, we can. Just doesn't look good on the m/way, 2 people in and displaying them

p.s. i've forgoten the roof box and L plates before today. Think if the truth is known, haven't we all.

kjs

#14 06-12-07 22:22:20

confused
Verified Member
Website

Years ago (before my ADI training) while sitting with a friend who was learning we went onto the M4 (me driving at this point), heading for Hampshire but going to get onto the A4, L plates were still on the car (we were only going three junctions),we were pulled over by traffic police, explained the situation and he let us go on our merry way, don't do it again was all that was said.

I've made a few corkers, read the wrong pupil sheet and did the wrong lesson (brother & sister), often said left/right the wrong way around for junctions, however as yet, never forgotton my L plates. Forgtton my glasses, pen or pencil, the address of a pupil, my sense of direction, to stay awake (joking!) & my sanity sometimes. 

www.drivingzone.co.uk
DSA ADI & Fleet

#15 07-12-07 10:18:20

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I have taken a student back to the wrong address once or twice (or thrice or...). I've been doing this job for over 12 years so I suppose it's not all that often. Luckily, Darwin is a small city and their actual home was not too far away.

After parking I would commence my usual debrief but it didn't take me long to "twig" that something was not quite right. They say we men are not as intuitive as ladies and I can agree with that, but in these cases the signs were not hard to read. The puzzled look on the student's face for one, would be a dead giveaway.

Regrettable things I have done include dropping my precious appointments diary in a puddle of water when getting out of the car. (this is one of the reasons why I don't use an electronic PDA!).

Another time in a remote community I had a class of 12 teenagers to give 10 hours of Road Rules theory to.
Day one - I have to make a good impression!
Class was a bit "chatty" but I would soon have their attention - a fast, Rolf-Harris-style drawing on the whiteboard usually does the trick for me.

There was a sudden hush as usual but in this case it was BEFORE I started to draw. As I made the first big sweeping movement of the black marker on the pristine white background I realised why - I was using a permanent marker (brand new board too)!
Do you think the little b*****s would point out my mistake as soon as they realised it? (No way why spoil the fun?)

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#16 07-12-07 22:02:48

infectedcat

well ask yourself this mr ev are you in the right job? i would expect my adi to be perfect, after all we do pay people like yourself 20 to 25 quid for each lesson.

#17 07-12-07 23:44:41

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

if the perfect driver has never been born neither has the perfect instructor? as for the £25 quid you can't get a piano lesson here for that money   roll and fatal piano lessons are few and far between  big_smile you should aspire to be the driver ev is not take shots? it may save your life?

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#18 08-12-07 10:09:33

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Evan wrote:

well ask yourself this mr ev are you in the right job? i would expect my adi to be perfect, after all we do pay people like yourself 20 to 25 quid for each lesson.

Cheap shot - I'm not impressed.
You want perfection? You're on the wrong planet.

By the way if you expect your ADI to be perfect, then surely that ADI can expect you to be a perfect pupil?

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#19 08-12-07 13:26:14

jonsmithuk
Verified Member

Yeah but the roof sign can blow off...potentially lethal to the guy behind !

#20 08-12-07 15:53:26

infectedcat

By the way if you expect your ADI to be perfect, then surely that ADI can expect you to be a perfect pupil?

well my adi is not paying me to be a perfect pupil but he is making money off me so there for i think adi's have to be 100% perfect, if not then the lesson should be half price.

its only fair.

#21 08-12-07 16:01:48

Dimmy

Infected cat,
please define "perfect" for me.

#22 08-12-07 16:33:50

VandADI
Administrator

Oh boy infectedcat you sure do have a lot to learn....about life.....   roll

#23 08-12-07 17:24:00

spikeyperch

Evan wrote:

I am happy to take your comments on board as I am always more than willing to take advice from an expert. Ev  wink

#24 08-12-07 17:35:08

ExAdiNigel

well my adi is not paying me to be a perfect pupil but he is making money off me so there for i think adi's have to be 100% perfect, if not then the lesson should be half price.

its only fair.

You are absolutely right Infectedcat.

If you are paying around the £25 per hour mark, then you are getting your lessons for around half price.  As has been pointed out you couldn't get music lessons as low as this and the training we give saves lives on the road.

Now, may I suggest you get yourself to the vet and get that infection sorted out?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#25 08-12-07 19:38:28

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

I am happy to take your comments on board as I am always more than willing to take advice from an expert. Ev  wink

When u find said expert Ev share him/her around pls  big_smile

Board footer