You are not logged in.

#1 28-11-07 16:01:01

claire125

intensive course

Hi everyone ,
Im new here, Even though Ive been taking lessons for a year (on and off)
Ive had three different instructors, The latest one is brilliant and I seem to be moving along towards my test. The trouble was he is so busy and I wanted more lessons so I could progress more.

So I decided to do an intensive course two, two hour lessons with another instructor the trouble is I dont like the instructor much, The car is different, I feel on edge in the car and I seem to be going backwards In progress . I dont know whether to  cancel and just take my time with my original instructor or just do the course and test and just get it out of the way even if I fail. Ive already paid for 16 hours and the test.
What would you do?
Thanks for any advice.
Claire x

28-11-07 16:01:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: intensive course

#2 29-11-07 07:46:47

ExAdiNigel

Are you doing this intensive with an individual instructor or a school?  An option may be to simply ask the driving school to give you a different instructor.

If you doubt you will be ready for the test rearrange it.  Talk to your old instructor and book it in for a time that is convenient to you both.

I doubt if you will get the full amount back from a pre-booked intensive course.

Good luck

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 05-01-08 16:52:23

andikay
Verified Member
Website

Hi everyone ,
Im new here, Even though Ive been taking lessons for a year (on and off)
Ive had three different instructors, The latest one is brilliant and I seem to be moving along towards my test. The trouble was he is so busy and I wanted more lessons so I could progress more.

So I decided to do an intensive course two, two hour lessons with another instructor the trouble is I dont like the instructor much, The car is different, I feel on edge in the car and I seem to be going backwards In progress . I dont know whether to  cancel and just take my time with my original instructor or just do the course and test and just get it out of the way even if I fail. Ive already paid for 16 hours and the test.
What would you do?
Thanks for any advice.
Claire x

You could ask for a refund for the unused lessons but if the instructor refuses then use the lessons, always worth having a couple of lessons before paying for a block.

#4 05-01-08 17:51:25

Target
Verified Member
Website

I see no reason why you would not be able to get your money back. If you have not been provided with the service then theres no grounds for them to withhold the fees. From what your saying doing the remaining 16 hours would be pointless.

I'd ask for a full refund and say you have had a change of heart and do not want to finish the course.

Speak to your other instructor and see what he can arrange. It may be he is trying to put you off doing an intensive rather than the fact he is so busy. Remaining 16 hours with your preferred instructor could be covered in 1-2 weeks im sure.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Board footer