You are not logged in.

#1 26-11-07 23:07:58

jackie99100

How well are your lessons going

I was just wondering how other people's lessons are going,as yes i am a nosy person big_smile. Are they going well or are you making progress slowly. :|How many lessons have you had,Have you passed your theory test do you feel like having a good moan,or do you want to tell how well you are doing.Just an idea  tongue

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

26-11-07 23:07:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How well are your lessons going

#2 27-11-07 10:32:45

bay

I have been learning to drive since March so I am a slow learner.
I passed my theory in June this year and have had 1 test and my 2nd is next week.
Everytime I get in the car I am learning how to deal with different situations as no lesson is the same.
One day I will have my own car and be a safer driver.

5th Test Passed 22/04/08

#3 27-11-07 11:24:07

koolchick

I passed my 5th test 2 month ago today and still so pleased and love driving every day. Took me 16 month so a lot longer than I hoped then again 2 month would of been longer than I hoped lol. I had good lessons most of time leading to tests only remember having a few bad lessons in a row once and a single bad lesson every so often. I bet I had over 100 lessons altogether and only about 20+ was one hour most were 2 hour. Since passing a few mistakes pulling out when shouldn't of hit kerb 2 or 3 times the worst one was having to do full emergency stop to avoid going into car in front honestly thought I would still hit it but stopping about less than an inch off it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 27-11-07 12:36:46

Luchell
Verified Member

No such thin as a slow learner in my books  wink What someone excels at another may find confusing. All my pupils seem to think i must have had it easy when i learnt to drive because i am a driving instructor now. FAR from it! I struggled with nearly every lesson but got there in the end and it was more than worth it  smile

#5 27-11-07 17:25:21

iwanadrive

Well if you lot think your slow than i must be unbelievably extremely slow!!  I have been learning on and off for three years.  The past year i have spent really focusing on my driving, having around two lessons a week with my instructor and going out in my own car three times a week and i'm still not quite there. 

My problem is that i get over stressed in difficult situations and end up loosing it, i really try not to but it just seems to take over me.  I do wish that i could be more relaxed in difficult situations instead of making big mistakes, but once one thing goes, then the rest of me does.

However i don't really care how long it takes me, i'm more interested in ensuring i know how to handle tricky situations and am a safe driver.  Though it would be nice to finally say that i've passed!!

#6 27-11-07 19:56:17

Tracey89

Hi
Ive had about 17 lessons now (at home and here at college) I would say i pick things up quick, i dont know if this has anything to do with me being hard of hearing  :? but my lessons are going well (I have one tomorow morning) and I am planning to do my theory test during the christmas holidays smile

XxTJxX

xX.:Can we bring yesterday back around coz I know how I feel about you now....:.xX

*Theory Tessed passed on 20/06/08 - Questions: 48/50 & H&P: 51/75*

#7 28-11-07 21:56:16

Super Mario

Well had a bad one last week but now am hoping that it keep going up and up and up.

#8 29-11-07 23:27:44

emmajay

I had about 18 lessons and 3 adi's bout 10 years ago but gave it up....stupid mistake  roll

Starting learning again in september this year. Had about 23 hours with her so far. Took my theory test 2 weeks ago and passed and she has booked me in for my first practical for 10th Jan. I thought i would have took a lot longer to be honest...i think it helped that my hubby broke his shoulder so he couldnt drive...so here comes me with the L plates driving everywhere (fully insured of course tongue). Think i've had about 20 hours private practive so far, so that helped build my confidence up a lot!

Fingers crossed i pass first time!

Edited to say.... I re read what i put above and it sounded like i was chuffed my hubby broke his shoulder  :oops: Which was not the case obviously LOL *Note to one self to word things better*   roll

#9 06-12-07 09:17:42

billrhoades
Verified Member

noone has a bad lesson. Every time you get into a car you learn something. What you call "good" lessons are I presume fairly free of errors? Which means on that particular lesson your learning curve was fairly flat, although you still learnt something.
On what you call a "bad" lesson your learnig curve was steeper, hopefully because you learnt from your errors, i.e. what happens when i do/dont do this or that and hopefully you dont do it again.
hope this doesnt sound degrading because it isnt meant to be.
Im sure you will be a safe river one day and recall all your lessons with a smile.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 12-12-07 23:29:48

macrohon

noone has a bad lesson. Every time you get into a car you learn something. What you call "good" lessons are I presume fairly free of errors? Which means on that particular lesson your learning curve was fairly flat, although you still learnt something.
On what you call a "bad" lesson your learnig curve was steeper, hopefully because you learnt from your errors, i.e. what happens when i do/dont do this or that and hopefully you dont do it again.
hope this doesnt sound degrading because it isnt meant to be.
Im sure you will be a safe river one day and recall all your lessons with a smile.

thank you for posting. i was planning to quit my lessons because i was so down. you just made me to keep going.

#11 12-12-07 23:36:20

jackie99100

I am glad the above post helped you carry on ,i am ashamed to say i havn't been having lessons for a few weeks neutral,but i plan to start again after christmas with some new found confidence i hope smile

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#12 13-12-07 10:19:40

billrhoades
Verified Member

if your in my area you can email me for lessons after christmas.

#13 15-12-07 15:51:23

iwanadrive

Hi Jackie, it's nice to know i'm not the only one taking it easy with regards to driving over Christmas.  I normally have two lessons a week with my instructor but have cut this down as it's just too expensive.  On top of this i then go out the three times a week in my own car but that's trailing down to just one a week at the moment.  Am figuring i'll come back with renewed energy in January, that and possibly some hypnotherapy to cope with my driving nerves, as i feel this is the only hurdle now between me and the test

#14 16-12-07 15:19:10

jackie99100

I am going to be amazing after christmas i will but my heart and soul into it as like you iwannadrive tongue

#15 20-01-08 17:13:51

wolfchild08

I started my lessons in July and so far I have had roughly 30 hours of driver training.  My first few lessons were a real struggle, I barely knew anything about cars and was very scared on the roads.  I seemed to lack so much confidance in certain sitchuations at the start.  Gradualley my confidance and skills have grown.  I still stall on occasions or change into 1st gear instead of 3rd, but my instructer says thats normal and with experience I will stop making mistakes.  I passed my theory test yesterday scoring 49/50 on multiple choice and 65/75 on Hazard Perception.  I was very impressed with my score.  I am trying to prepare for my main practical test now.  I still need to fully master roundabouts and get to grips with the full procedure but im getting better with more practice.  I still panic in certain sitchuations as well, say for example when in traffic or busy junctions and theres cars behind me.  I feel I am expected to make decisions very quickly and perhaps they feel I am holding me up.  That is what makes it more stressful.  I am more than likely to make mistakes in stressful sitchuations.  Other than that just need to brush up on a few little things with my general driving  big_smile

Theory passed 1st time 19/1/08 49/50 65/75
1st Practical failed 15/5/08 2s 8m
2nd Practical failed 13/6/08 - 1d
3rd Practical failed 27/6/08 - 2s 13m
4th Practical failed 11/7/08 - 3s 10m
5th Practical passed 2/8/08 - 7m

#16 27-01-08 20:06:44

Shazzer

I started in December and have had 7.5 hours so far. I really get nervous and panic about what could happen, and i've been out with my Husband once, but i'm very scared of denting his car!! I think i'm getting there, but definitely need to relax and stop concentrating too hard. I get headaches most lessons!

#17 27-01-08 20:42:29

iwanadrive

Hi Shazzer and welcome to the board.  I found i used to get headaches all the time when i first started learning.  unfortunately for me they didn't stop until i'd had over thirty lessons, but then i am a very nervous driver.  Its only now, after around 80 - 90 lessons that i'm feeling more confident and relaxed.  However my driving is going pretty well at the moment and were just getting everything tweaked out and up to test standard and am putting in for my test soon.  I finally feel like someone who can drive and am making more decisions for myself.

Good luck with the learning Shazzer.

Board footer