You are not logged in.

#1 23-11-07 13:17:31

Brad Pitstop
Verified Member

Yet another first Check test!!

Firstly I felt pretty hard done by, getting my invitation to come for a check test six months after passing prt3, but in the end all went quite well. My goal was to get a 4 not having been in the job very long.

The subjects I choose were Meet,Cross and anticipation. The first pupil I choose blew me out so tip number one is have at least two lined up.
      Picked up the pupil an hour before, I had already primed him that this would be like a normal lesson just with a few extra frilly bits added on! Got to the TC about 5 Min's before time and waited with the pupil in the waiting room. SEADI came out and I introduced him to my pupil I explained to the pupil in front of the examiner that it was me that was being checked and not him so just enjoy the lesson.
       Got the pupil seated in the car then out of ear shot had brief chat with SEADI about pupils history.
We then got in and I did my recap/aims/objectives. During the short briefing(pupil is about 10 lessons off test) I showed him some pictures I had taken of meeting situations and q/a'd about the pics. SEADI told me he liked that, yet another tip pics are good it would seem( THANKS PJ and VANDA for the idea)
       We then drove off and it was as per a normal lesson. I'm glad that I chose Anticipation cause that way there's never a dull moment!! The lesson really went very much to a part 3 format and the few errors that were  made were sorted by the end. I had to use the duals once as pupil tried to emerge left whilst looking right and a couple of people were crossing at a refuge. Didn't have time/space to pull him up as it was quite a busy main road(I teach in an urban environment) so I flagged this and told him we would talk about it shortly. Got back to TC then before the end of lesson discussed his emerging issue and my use of duals. Did a debrief asked him what he had learned and did he find it useful. He was good enough to give all the right answers.
         Grading at the and was a 5!!! so I am chuffed to bits.

Thanks to Micheal from Croydon for the CT training, PJ thanks for the loan of the books/DVD, Evan thanks for the email it was very useful, and Vanda, Green arrow and Dimmy thanks for your support generally.

As a foot note I would say that having your check test early is not such a bad thing after all. PRT3 is still fresh in your mind,  and it was a bit like doing PRT3 but you choose the PST, Pupil and route!!!

23-11-07 13:17:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Yet another first Check test!!

#2 23-11-07 19:41:11

pj
Verified Member

What a star getting a 5  big_smile big_smile then again what a great team you had behind you wink tongue You have made us proud big_smile

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#3 23-11-07 19:44:02

spikeyperch

Well done Brad, cracking result. Good for you. Ev wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 23-11-07 19:47:33

Luchell
Verified Member

Well done hun!!  smile smile

#5 24-11-07 19:12:42

VandADI
Administrator

Who's a clever boy then? that is a brilliant result, well done.  smile

#6 24-11-07 19:17:53

Dimmy

Outstanding.  Well done  bud !!

#7 25-11-07 23:54:34

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

nice result well done o/

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#8 28-11-07 09:04:53

Patagonia
Verified Member

Well done!

Pat

Board footer