You are not logged in.

#1 07-11-07 22:31:26

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Check test today

Passed. but with a 5  sad

"Would have been a six, but I could not give it you because..."

So, a five again.  basic problem this time was not getting out as far as some roundabouts I said I would go to if there were time at the end.

But, had to pull pupil in and sort a fault at a junction, then needed to go round the block and redo junction to see if prob solved, which it was. Did not have enough time to do both and get him back for 4.00 as he requested.

He said I did not need to pull over to explain, nor do the junction again as it was only a minor fault that happens to us all from time to time (she fully mounted the kerb with rear wheel turning left at sharp junction), he then complimented me on my explanation and sketch)  :?

Ah well, Six next time. And the good news is Wife can now go to Sainsbury this week instead of Lidl  lol

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

07-11-07 22:31:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check test today

#2 07-11-07 23:08:21

WDT

Congratulations! Don't be too disappointed. It is only an opinion of the examiner really, but it puts you near the top of the tree so to speak. Well done.

#3 08-11-07 08:51:15

Patagonia
Verified Member

I was well chuffed with my 5 last week.  And as you say... next time a 6!!

Well done.  I bet you got quite a lot of marks in the 6 column so it's just a case of nudging the rest.

Pat

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 08-11-07 09:25:47

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Does it really make a difference, 5 or 6, unless you are one of those ADIs who thinks their pupils actually give a toss about their grade.

The important thing is that 5 and 6's are the same regards time to  next checktest.

And at the end of the day it's one person's subjective opinion anyway.

basic problem this time was not getting out as far as some roundabouts I said I would go to if there were time at the end.

That is not a valid reason to drop a grade anyway.  In real life if you run out of time you do it on the next lesson.

#5 08-11-07 16:28:12

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
How on earth can mounting the kerb with a REAR wheel on a RIGHT turn, be minor?
She had to be totally on the "wrong" side of the road, unless it was a right emerge from a oneway street, or it was the kerb round a dividing island in the entrance to the road.

#6 08-11-07 22:21:12

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Interesting comment does it really make a difference 5 or 6, I think it does. The motivation and enthusiasm that you can use to propel your self forward, the self esteem that you gather and may be even a sense of pride, you do tell your clients that your a grade six they then recognise it in the tuition that you provide. I can only speak from personal experience the first time I acheived a grade 6 it inspired me to carry on my CPD. 5 is a good grade and certainly better than 4 3 2 or 1 be proud that you acheived a 5 because there is a lot of 4's 3's 2's and 1's that wish they had.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 08-11-07 22:33:57

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi
How on earth can mounting the kerb with a REAR wheel on a RIGHT turn, be minor?
She had to be totally on the "wrong" side of the road, unless it was a right emerge from a oneway street, or it was the kerb round a dividing island in the entrance to the road.

OOPS! yikes Soz folks I meant left  :oops: Fixed now

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

Board footer