You are not logged in.

#1 21-10-07 19:56:09

dog
Verified Member

Finished my pass plus

Did pass plus today, wow it was fun, I wish I could do it more often. Went over dartmoor to exeter, along the M5 for a bit to taunton, and then back home. Took just over 6 hours including breaks for food etc.

Was really good experience and you see just how bad some drivers can be (saw one reversing into a one way street).

Also I'm sad because it was probably the last time I will ever drive the lovely 57 reg Fiesta sad

21-10-07 19:56:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Finished my pass plus

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 21-10-07 20:05:54

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Glad you enjoyed it woof, who knows ,,, perhaps a budding ADI of the future ? smile

Ray

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 21-10-07 20:13:44

george
Verified Member
Website

Also I'm sad because it was probably the last time I will ever drive the lovely 57 reg Fiesta sad

I'm sad also, as In the Morming, my new 57 reg Fiesta is being delivered!

Paul Shackleton DSA ADI.-----DSA Fleet, Diamond Advanced, NVQ L3 In driver Training & Assessment, A1 & Ordit

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 21-10-07 21:11:55

dog
Verified Member

dog wrote:

I'm sad also, as In the Morming, my new 57 reg Fiesta is being delivered!

Zetec Climate?? They are very lovely cars! They got rid of the digital fuel gauge which they had in the mark 6 version, and put the good old analog one back. It also has lots of toys like the computer which tells you your MPG, digital taco, how many miles you can get out of the fuel you have depending on your driving etc.

It also has some weird features such a flashing the brake lights when ABS activates, and flashing the directional indicator light 3 times if you tap it up or down (designed for lane changes). You can turn both of the above features off though I believe!

Automatic headlights and wipers are cool though big_smile

#5 22-10-07 06:45:09

ExAdiNigel

It also has some weird features such a flashing the brake lights when ABS activates, and flashing the directional indicator light 3 times if you tap it up or down (designed for lane changes). You can turn both of the above features off though I believe!

Automatic headlights and wipers are cool though big_smile

Flashing brake lights when braking heavily can be a good way of letting vehicles behind aware that  you had lost concentration and left your braking far too late, I think Citroen have had this feature for a while.  These lane change indicators as they are wrongly called are totally useless.  I have always taught min 4/5 flashes BEFORE moving across - it can take 4 or 5 flashes for the other drivers to realise you are signalling!  I have seen some recommendations that it should be 1 flash per 10 mph!

I haven't found a way of turning off the 3 flash 'feature' on the Focus.

Don't have a problem with auto headlights, though I think I am quite capable of turning on a switch when it gets a bit overcast.  Auto wipers, I have found, can be good or bad, depending on the manufacturers implementation.  Vauxhall and Ford work well, but the ones I had on the my Micra were pretty crap.  With the Micra ones (may well have changed now), you had to switch them off and back on again if you stalled the car - maybe they were designed by Microsoft?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#6 22-10-07 17:01:41

dog
Verified Member

Like you say, most probably designed by Microsoft.

On the Fiesta, if you skip through the options on the computer with the button on the indicator stalk (I think), there is an option to disable the lane change indicators. I was my ADI's first customer to drive the new car when he got it and I found it seriously annoying, he has had is disabled since.

Ps. had a go at seeing how quickly I could stop the car at 55mph. It was insane. yikes

Board footer