You are not logged in.

#1 12-02-05 17:26:19

bigt
Verified Member

ADI Car

I'm sure you have covered this topic before so sorry guys but in the process of my pt2 ,thinking ahead I know but does anyone have any thoughts on Ford KA as a teaching car .The reason behind this is I have a a landrover and my wife has a KA now the Ka is 3 years old but only has 10000 miles on the clock (she doesn't go far  lol ) .As I'm training with BSM don't wanna give them £350 (would rather try it solo) a month can't afford a car till I know its gonna hit off .So my thought was to get duals fitted in wife's car she can use mine if I am teaching and no major outlay .Then 12 months down the line sell the Ka and it still won't be high milage for its age .

12-02-05 17:26:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Car

#2 12-02-05 20:51:53

Midge
Website

I use a Fiesta myself, but there are many instructors round here that use the Ka, and I've never heard any of them complain.  You're probably wise to use a decent older car with a low mileage, then when you come to sell it, you will only have evened it out a bit.   Your pupils are hardly likely to know the difference anyway, and some people are  worried about learning in a brand new one (I think they are frightenend they might be the first to scratch it :? )

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#3 12-02-05 21:06:31

Troll

Hi

I teach in a Ka -its small & cute, manouvres are easy, the girls love it & I've had no real problems in 35,000 miles. I bought mine nearly new & saved a packet - its got air con ( a must in the summer) & cd & is not too bad to sit in all day.  And above all else it was CHEAP.

The downside is: new clutch @ 30,000 miles, only 3 doors (climbing in & out if you want to sit in on test is a pain), no leg room in the back (ok if your very short), front pillars create a worse than normal blind spot because they are very slanted.  The drivers seat only seems to accomodate people 5' 3" to 5' 10" - I need a cushion for anyone under 5' 2" & one of my young lads struggled cos he was over 6ft (seat didnt really go back far enough although he managed).  And lastly 1.3petrol has got no get up & go - very sluggish (but ok for teaching) & the fuel economy is not brilliant, oh & the boot space is nil, I can just about get my roof sign in!!!

Having said all of that I would have another one - I am going to test drive other cars when the time comes but for cost etc. I dont think you can beat it - I only use mine for teaching, its not much good for anything else - too small.

#4 12-02-05 22:26:57

bigt
Verified Member

Thanks for the replys as I said its my wife's car and all she does in it is about 20 mile a week so thought it might be ideal ,lol know its no good for the family 2 teenagers in the back they would kill each other ,its bad enough in the landrover with both of them so never use the Ka if we are all going out together. So think I might be onto a winner here well depending on pt2 and pt3 of course .
Thanks again

Board footer