You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 17-09-07 22:30:53

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

On the spot fine OR watch a road safety video

Traffic police have been out in force in my area over the last week. Any motorist stopped for speeding has been given the choice of an £80 on the spot fine plus points on their license OR go to the local fire station there and then to watch a road safety video.

Pupil of mine was in the car as a passenger with her mum, and her mum got caught doing 35 in a 30....so off they went to watch the video. This had a BIG impact on both mum & daughter, as it was a very graffic video making the TV programmes look like easy watching.

If only this sort of thing was compulsory to watch before you could get a provisional license I'm sure it would make ppl think twice before going even 5mph over a speed limit.

17-09-07 22:30:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: On the spot fine OR watch a road safety video

#2 18-09-07 11:30:17

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Re: On the spot fine OR watch a road safety video

This was done in South Australia when I was a young man (only a few years ago, OK in 1968 if you really want to know).

Traffic offenders attended a "Police Lecture" held every month in the local cinema, some VERY graphic films were shown on the huge silver screen, a lot of which I remember to this day.
The source of the films was the road carnage in America so there was little chance that the audience could identify any particular victim, but for all that it was quite shocking. The main shots were very explicit close-ups taken "fresh" at the scenes.

BTW I was NOT officially invited, I went with a young lady from my boarding house to give her moral support. She was caught speeding, I remember being a bit jealous about that as my 1949 side-valve Minor with it's Ford Prefect differential could not even reach the speeds she could attain in her late-60's Vauxhall Viva (I mean, over 60mph, wow!).

(Which raises the point... I consider that the most dangerous, ignorant, and unrepentant drivers are males around 16 to 20 years old. This is also the demographic which is least likely to benefit from teaching, including the films).

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer