You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 17-09-07 16:29:25

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

im really worried

i will fail again for my part 1   this is 2nd attempt

i have been studying everynight but hope im studying the right questions as there are loads on the computer on the day of test

em xx

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

17-09-07 16:29:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: im really worried

#2 17-09-07 16:41:00

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Emma,
Your doubts are fuelled by your lack of understanding/knowledge regarding the questions.  Do not learn by rote,your comment that you hope you are studying the right questions implies that you are, and you will learn nothing by doing that and not understand part 2, let alone part 3.  You need to methodically go through each question, yes, the entire question bank and UNDERSTAND each and every one of them - this will stand you in good stead for parts 2 and 3.
In answer to your comment,  carry on doing what you are doing, and yes, you will fail again for your part 1.
So Emma, practice, practice, practice until you cannot get any questions wrong.  wink

#3 17-09-07 22:19:53

Karenadi
Verified Member

What are you reading Emma? need more than a pile of questions.  Like Vanda says, you need to understand, not learn answers by rote.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#4 18-09-07 07:34:13

spikeyperch

To be honest the part one is fairly easy compared to the other two parts of the course.

Good points made in the above posts. Remember everything you learn in part one you need to take with you into part 2, then you will have to teach both when doing part 3 and after you qualify, use the whole package to teach pupils.

If you just have answers to the questions as laid out in the question bank you will certainly come unstuck. Maybe not now but you will when you are instructing.

Remember pupils will be looking to you for: ''knowledge, experience and reassurance''. If you don't have the answers it could be difficult.

Sorry if this post is a bit sobering, but unfortunately facts can seldom be wrapped up in pretty paper.

#5 18-09-07 11:52:30

Jellybean
Verified Member

Emma,  What I did when learning for my part 1 was, read the question, go and find the answer in whichever book it was in, sometimes more than one book and write out the answer in long hand.  By the time I had done that a couple of times I had writers cramp but I knew the answers and also why that answer was correct.

The hazard perception was the bit that seriously worried me, it shouldn't be a game but unfortunately that is exactly what it is.

Jellybean big_smile

#6 18-09-07 12:24:48

Lucky245
Verified Member

Excellent advice Jellybean, have used this technique myself for many an exam, and just to enhance it slightly everytime you subsequently get it wrong write it out again, you may get writers cramp but after a while you'll know it word for word.  Also agree  about learning the reasoning behind each question, not really important for this part but you'll be amazed at the help it can give you for part 2 and I also assume part 3.

As for HP I also agree it more of a game than anything else so learn to react on the mouse as quickly as your brain registers the hazard (a split second can make all the difference) If your hand eye coordination is already excellent then click twice, not double click as again the second gap between clicks could take you into the scoring area if your really fast at recognising potential hazards. big_smile  Worked for me and my nephew and neice.

Best of luck Emma

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

#7 22-09-07 14:48:21

CarCymru

Hi em

http://thedrivingcollege.co.uk/

Has a free online theory mock test.

And also John Farlams exellent site

http://www.smartdriving.co.uk/

The two books I read were,

The Highway Code and

Driving the essential skills

The info you are learning now is essential for part three

All the best

Paul

#8 24-09-07 15:51:07

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

thanks for that paul i have done 1 test on the driving collage website and passed
i will do some more tonight

thanks emma x

x emma x

#9 24-09-07 21:07:23

Karenadi
Verified Member

Read: The highway code, Driving the Essential Skills and the Driving Instructors Handbook: from cover to cover over and over if necessary: then practice the questions.

The only way to do this is study: not keep practising questions, until you have done so many you just know the answers.  It's about knowing and understanding the theory not knowing the answers to the questions.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#10 25-09-07 00:07:56

peckerup
Verified Member

just a  quickie but, do the dsa still send out the full theory question bank with the original application to become an adi. this may help.

colin.

#11 25-09-07 15:47:03

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

thanks colin i have re read that book

thanks em x

x emma x

#12 25-09-07 21:05:24

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Em

The real key to part 1 success is to start part 2 and 3 training BEFORE undertaking the part 1 test!

Theory knowledge is useless unless put into practice, and is soon forgotten.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#13 25-09-07 22:15:44

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

yer i cant start part 2 untill done part 1

wish i could but the school wants me to do part 1 first

x emma x

#14 26-09-07 07:31:33

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

wink Good Luck  wink

#15 26-09-07 21:55:01

peckerup
Verified Member

emma. if you want to go ahead and brush up on your driving before the part 2 training begins, book a lesson with a adi and ask him/ her not to be too nice to you with his / her findings and then start to look at your failings which we all develop after a while from passing the first "l" test.

i was told by mine to come back when i could drive !!!!. bit of a joke at the time however, my failings were plenty.
once my indiscretions were pointed out, i began to drive the "dsa" way and got a confident, go for part 2 from the trainer. after training of course.

#16 08-10-07 15:52:46

CarCymru

Hi Em

The real key to part 1 success is to start part 2 and 3 training BEFORE undertaking the part 1 test!

Theory knowledge is useless unless put into practice, and is soon forgotten.
[/quote]

This is actually great advice.

Wish they would teach it this way.

How are  u getting on

#17 08-10-07 17:25:32

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

thanks guys , i cant do part 2 untill i have done part 1 as stated by co

im still studying as much as i can most nights

test is soon but not saying when

thanksyou for all your comments i really want to do this but just seems im not getting anywhere at the moment

emma xxxx

x emma x

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#18 08-10-07 19:01:37

CarCymru

thanks guys , i cant do part 2 untill i have done part 1 as stated by co

im still studying as much as i can most nights

test is soon but not saying when

thanksyou for all your comments i really want to do this but just seems im not getting anywhere at the moment

emma xxxx

Hi Em

Don't read until you'r eyes bleed. You'll suprise you'r self how much you know.

As for part 2
Why don't ask for a buddy in you'r area, any PDI near to you gets to practice for PT3, you get a knowledge bod who's just past PT2(for nowt).

You get experience they get experience every one's happy.

I read a quote somewere some jornalist asked some golfer aern't you lucky to be in the top four in the world and the golfer replied you know the more I practice the luckier I get..

Paul

#19 08-10-07 19:09:41

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

well the 2 test[part 1] i have done

i got 4 wrong to pass first time and 5 wrong to pass second time

the  HP  was no problem passed that all ok

yer i could try to get help

x emma x