You are not logged in.

#1 11-02-05 22:51:34

sweetpeared

Part 2.The instructor made sarcastic comments about my

Hello. Have had my 2nd Part 2 lesson and it was absolutely awful. Everything I did was wrong, from my speed to how I approached roundabouts and junctions.   sad The instructor made sarcastic comments about my driving all the time.  I appreciate that some points he made were valid and I am prepared to work at my driving so it reaches the required standard .  However, I am really confused about how to go about improving my driving and what is expected of me now. I have a lot of driving experience and am not consider as a bad driver, by myself or anyone else who knows me. I don't know if I should revert back to "L" test standard because whenever I seem to use any of my experience it is wrong and apparently "dangerous"! Can anyone help me please because I've lost all my confidence? sad   

Thanks very much folks

11-02-05 22:51:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 2.The instructor made sarcastic comments about my

#2 11-02-05 23:56:07

disappointed

Stick with it, Sweetpeared, as it sounds like he has the problem, not you. Sarcasm can hardly be regarded as professional behaviour.

You could try speaking to the person concerned, just in case there might have been a misunderstanding, but if this doesn't work then, (if he works for a company), phone them and ask to speak to a Manager. Let them know of your concerns and see if there's a possibility of placement with a different instructor.

If they don't know there's a problem, then they can't fix it, and I'm sure that any reputable company out there would take steps to investigate and take the appropriate action.

As regards your driving, remember that you're aiming to drive as per 'Driving, the essential skills', so if you follow the advice in there, you can't go far wrong.

But above all, DON'T GIVE UP big_smile

#3 12-02-05 13:53:25

Rauxaman

I agree, stick with it. I've had my fourth Pt 2 session and it does get better.
After almost 30 yrs of driving I'm learning all over again and I am struggling to get my reverse parking right!

This might sound difficult at the moment but try to enjoy the sessions, see them as a challenge; After all you have passed a driving test before.

If the attitude of your teacher becomes a problem then a change might be necessary, never forget that you are the customer!
But give it time first.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 12-02-05 16:40:36

arib
Verified Member
Website

sweetpeared wrote:

. I don't know if I should revert back to "L" test standard because whenever I seem to use any of my experience it is wrong and apparently "dangerous"! Can anyone help me please because I've lost all my confidence? sad   
Thanks very much folks

You've hit the nail on the head with the above comment. You need to be able to drive in the manner that you will teach. Your examiner will be looking for a safe and confident drive which will qualify you to teach to driving test standard. IE: learner standard.
As for sarcasm, I'm afraid there is no room for it in any teaching situation. It will breed lack of confidence. Ask your instructor about his comments. Or better still tell him his comments don't instill confidence in you. You are paying good money to be taught not to be ridiculed. If he persists go elsewhere, your time is to short.

arib

#5 12-02-05 17:13:36

TDC
Verified Member

'Everything you did was wrong'????
so how many people did you run over, how many near accidents did you have?    come on dont be so negative, cant you think of at least 5 things you done really well?? yes   good well then focus on them and learn from the others that didnt go so well.

You seem low on confidence from your words (tho i may have misconstrued them totally) so a comment may sound more sarcastic and may have been taken more to heart if it is 'having a pop at your driving' than it was really meant to be taken.

its hard to take when you think youve been driving well for x number of years and someone starts to pick holes in it all, well you have been driving well,  just not good enough (yet) to be an instructor,  thats all it is.

Im so good its unbelievable

#6 12-02-05 17:48:05

luchell

hi sweet peared. ive had my 2nd part two lesson today. my instructors fab as with you my driving is a good competent standard but just not what the dsa require us to teach our pupils. thats all it is. i need to change most aspects of my driving.it will just take practice. i would definately say that you should find an instructor with less sarcasm.

#7 12-02-05 18:21:14

adi chris

If your not happy with your instruction get someone else.
Ive done my part two, and at the moment on a trainee licence, But my instructor on my part two always saw the the good points and prasied them, and when i did some thing wrong went through the core compitences to explain what i did wrong and why i did it wrong.
I was in the forces for years and thought i was the (best driver in the world).HA.

#8 13-02-05 14:24:54

sweetpeared

Thanks for all the advice all of you lot have given me, it’s given me a confident boost. I really feel I can do this
                                                              THANKS VERY MUCH!!!
:oops: You might feel I’m asking too many questions but they’ve been very helpful, just one more question please. lol

I started with BSM last Oct to begin training it cost altogether £2450 as I paid in instalment. I paid £600 in advance and pay £200 every month. I’ve read so many stories about the instructor college and other companies that’s why I choose BSM I’ve already passed my first part in Jan. Now I’m doing my part 2 training with them I’m on my 3rd lesson for part 2 but now my coach told me I need extra lessons because they only give 7 on road sessions for what I paid. If I want more lessons I’ll have to pay again. What should you recommend for me, should I stay with the BSM coach for extra lessons even though I’m not very comfortable with BSM coach or should I get an ADI private trainer or any good driving instructor will do?  thanks for all your advice smile

#9 13-02-05 16:24:52

Philknight29

Out of interest what area are you in?

I'v been told that after you have completed the OR7 the mock part 2 there is time before the actual part 2 to iron out any issues that are brought to light during the mock.

If you have issues speak to your centre staff or failing that ring the regional coach.  You've payed alot of money get everything you deserve get the Centre Senior Instructor or another Instructor to evaluate your driving, don't let the coach put you off my OR2 went really bad, I thought the coach was rude but now I realise he was just trying to get me to reaslise the good points of my driving. 

Now I have my Mock date on my birthday and i'm really looking forward the the experience.

Talk to people thats what they are there for.

Yours Aye

#10 13-02-05 20:10:53

luchell

i started with bsm nov 11 paid 2450. im waiting for or4 march 5. sweetpeared havent you got some more lessons before or7 anyway? i would still ask for another instructor. i did and i got one. hes superb. my driving needs stripping down to the core and rebuilding as im sure most of us go through that. im way away from getting it right but ive got more or lessons first. how are you finding assignment 7 and 8 ive done my lesson plans but have to include the method lol. i forgot!

#11 23-02-05 09:50:20

Ammanvalley

I've trained with BSM and had quite alot of extra lessons - I did my On Road 7 and was given 3 extra hours to work on the problems highlighted.  I then failed my part 2 and was given extra lessons, I'm actually still very confused about alot of things and I'm changing instructors when I move as I think my instructor isn't right for me he can't seem to help me anymore.

#12 23-02-05 15:14:34

luchell

that probably because hes the one that needs the help if hes not able to help you! good luck but as theres only three attempts i reckon its best to be the best you can before you take another test. what do you seem to have a particualr problem with and what caused you to fail previously if i may ask.

Board footer