You are not logged in.

#1 13-09-07 20:43:04

simon8971
Verified Member

Check Test

Ok, have my check test next week. Hooray.

I have a pupil lined up and was initially planning to introduce Left Reverse as a check test subject. In the last two lessons with my pupil, she seems to have regressed a bit on the Parallel Park and is struggling on Hill Starts too. Any thoughts on whether it would be a good idea to continue with the PP and do some work on hill starts as a check test lesson? It is what the pupil needs and what I would do if the examiner was not sat in the back so it makes sense. I think I just need to get out of my head the pre conceived idea that the check test should be one subject and something new.

Any advice or thoughts appreciated!!!

Simon

13-09-07 20:43:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 13-09-07 20:51:21

spikeyperch

Ok, have my check test next week. Hooray.

It is what the pupil needs and what I would do if the examiner was not sat in the back so it makes sense.

That is exactly what you should teach then. The pupil will respond much better the more natural you keep the lesson (so incidentally will you). It is a lot easier recapping and doing a lesson, continued from the last lesson, then it will be trying to do a contrived lesson where both you and the pupil feel false about it all.

If you consider how many times you hear people saying the check test would have gone better, but the pupil lost their nerves or did something out of the ordinary. Maybe the pupil lost the plot because the instructor sitting next to them, was behaving in a way that they don't normally when they are on lessons. If you can keep the lesson and the rapport you have with the pupil as normal as possible, the the lesson should go well, which should result in a better check test.

Good luck

#3 18-11-08 22:41:42

copsecavaliers
Verified Member
Website

Hi all,

I had my second check test today. I thought I would be brave and have my most difficult pupil I have, well lots of work anyway.

Generally it went ok, got a bit ropy towards the end. I persisted with Q&A when in hindsight I should have resulted to full talk through on the last two RAB's.

Was very surprised when the SE said it was a very good lesson, and it was almost a 6, but happy with a 5 as I had a 4 two years ago.

Just thought I would share this with you.
Alex

Board footer