You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 09-09-07 10:08:12

DEE

A horrible accident

Hi everyone

Something happened today and caused a horrible accident 
i was heading into town and it was quite quiet with it being Sunday morning. I was in the left lane heading to the roundabout (4 exits) I wanted the 2nd exit. There was a van next to me in the right lane.
We stopped at the roundabout to give way. Then I stalled. The van pulled onto the roundabout and you wont believe what happened next. A car pulled onto the roundabout and went round from the LEFT!!!! The wrong way head on into the van!! If I hadn't of stalled when I did it would have smashed straight into me!!! There was a terrible smash....Glass everywhere. The van driver seemed OK but shaken up but the car driver was badly cut to his face. I stayed where I was and put on my hazards and rang the police and ambulance. The police have taken my name and address and are coming for a statement later. I just couldn't believe my eyes. Isn't going around a roundabout one of the 1st things we learn?

Its the 1st time I have ever seen it happen and I hope it will be the last. I just hope that both the drivers are OK. The van driver looked OK but shaken. But the young lad driving the car is going to have some nasty scars.

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

09-09-07 10:08:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: A horrible accident

#2 09-09-07 11:32:56

dog
Verified Member

I bet he had no licence, no tax and no insurance. It probably isn't his car either.

Thank god you stalled, maybe it isn't such a bad thing after all. Good thing you're ok though! Does Zaffy have side airbags?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 09-09-07 11:41:36

DEE

I bet he had no licence, no tax and no insurance. It probably isn't his car either.

Thank god you stalled, maybe it isn't such a bad thing after all. Good thing you're ok though! Does Zaffy have side airbags?

Hi Dog

Yes thank god I stalled
Havent stalled for months ...dont know why I did today but im really glad I did
As for your question Yes Zaffy does have side airbags

Someone was watching over me today

Dee

event.png

#4 09-09-07 11:43:21

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I stayed where I was and put on my hazards and rang the police and ambulance

Well done you on keeping calm - good example.

Hilary

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 09-09-07 11:45:56

DEE

I stayed where I was and put on my hazards and rang the police and ambulance

Well done you on keeping calm - good example.

Hilary

Thanks Hilary
Im still shaking but have just had a visit from the police and given a statement
Apparently the car belonged to the lads mother and they had had a row and he had taken the car. He has no licence or insurance And he was 15 years old!!!!!

Dee

event.png

#6 09-09-07 12:16:12

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

No surprises there, then...

Hilary

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#7 09-09-07 12:16:14

dog
Verified Member

Isn't that exactly what I said! He'll probably get a small fine and possible 3 points on his licence, if he ever gets one.

#8 09-09-07 14:20:10

pj
Verified Member

It could of been a foreign driver who forgot that we go round to the left on a roundabout, in some countries they go round to the right neutral neutral

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#9 09-09-07 15:48:47

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
Judging by where Dee lives a foreign driver should have got sorted by then.

Of course if it had been in Swindon!!!! They go round R/bts the opposite way there.

#10 09-09-07 16:54:22

den676
Verified Member

After the Italian Grand Prix finished I decided to cycle round the shops.

Leaving my street just left of centre to turn right, a car cut the corner so much I had to swerve into the side of the road to get out of the way of the idiot.

Then on the way back I went via Bestwood Country Park. I heard a motorbike (illegally) close by so I pulled into the side and he came round the corner, skidded on the gravel straight at me and I just managed to get out of the way. Unfortunately he didn't fall off and carried on into the park.

Board footer