You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 29-08-07 20:31:10

gjam732
Verified Member

First CT - Grade 5!

First check test yesterday and got a 5.  Really pleased.

Got to test centre,took pupil in to meet examiner then he went to car while we discussed what he had done so far, weaknesses identified etc and what subject I was planning.  I was really surprised when i was told that as i had been on the register for more than 12 months (15) I would not have the safety net of being given an "educational" grade. I didn't know about this so it was a bit of a surprise - and it wasn't down to me that it took DSA that long.  Surely this isn't fair/right.

In the end it didn't matter as the lesson went really well and i got a grade 5. I was really pleased.  My pupil was outstanding.  He knew what the subject was going to be (Mirrors and Emergency Stop) as i had told him at the end of his previous lesson (as i always do) but i deliberately didn't tell him any more or do a "dry run" which i know others do.  I wanted him to do everything as a new lesson.  He asked me loads of questions (lot more than he normally does). This realy helped me. Also at first i found myself talking to the examiner but then, the lesson got going and i 'forgot' she was there - think that is the best way to do it.

Seem to recall reading somewhere that the higher the grade, the longer before next check test - is that right and if so how long should it be for a five?

29-08-07 20:31:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First CT - Grade 5!

#2 29-08-07 21:20:44

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

Well I've been going for almost 10 months now, and the educational check test is supposed to be done after 6 months. I agree it doesn't seem fair if they skip it because they didn't get round to it as they were busy.

I believe if you get a grade 4 you are re-tested within 2 years, and grade 5 and 6 means you get re-tested within 4 years.

I'm still waiting for that first letter to arrive!

Rob

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

#3 30-08-07 07:28:34

FRANKS
Verified Member

Well done on your grade 5, you've approached it the right way as far as I'm concerned. Just do a normal lesson on what you'd be doing with the pupil. Set ups always seem to go wrong, had one very good and experienced ADI in our local association got knocked down to a grade 3 when his pupil asked him during the check test, "why are you asking me so many questions today, you don't normally".

Thankfully we managed to get him back to a grade 5, he's now going to retire after a long time in the job.

Well done again, continue what your doing and keep working on your skills and knowledge.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Board footer