You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-02-05 19:52:51

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Part 2 Driving question

Hi folks,

I have a green light but waiting to turn right say 3rd car in line but I'm a car length over the line for the traffic light. The light has changed back to red and the car lost consentration and is still waiting then realises. What should I do? follow him or stay put being one car length in front of the line?

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

08-02-05 19:52:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 2 Driving question

#2 08-02-05 20:29:11

Alibran

I don't know the answer to this one, but I'd be interested to hear it from the experts.

What I would do in "real life" is stay put as long as I'm not obstructing anyone, and wait for the green light.  If I am obstructing other traffic, I'd carry on and complete the turn if I can do it safely.

I don't know if this is anywhere near the right answer, though.

#3 08-02-05 20:29:16

dashdriving.com
Website

sibeks,

Very difficult to answer without seeing the junction or being in the car next to you.

In truth, the simple answer is not to get into that situation in the first place. If you can see that the lights are going to have to change before the 2 or 3 cars in front of you have the chance to clear the junction, just stay put behind the stop line and wait for them all to clear. If the lights turn to red and you end up being the last one to clear the junction, you could end up with a serious error.

Sorry if it's not much help, but don't venture over the stop line if you think that you're going to end up stranded.

regards,

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#4 08-02-05 23:51:15

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Many thanks you two.
The junction inself is the key I think. In this case if I waited before the line with the lights still on green and there is no room for anyone wanting to pass me on the left to turn left or go straight ahead may get impatient with me and I may feel hesitent. Who cares they will just have to wait!
Thanks again.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#5 09-02-05 01:22:00

Troll

Depends on the size of the junction - some small crossroads will only allow 2 cars to cross safely turning right - while others (larger) 3 cars can comfortably wait over the line & still turn with no problem.

I would say avoid the situation if possible by waiting behind the line - even if theres room behind the cars that are waiting - if one of them clears the junction & you're still on green then you can always pull forward into the middle.

Its worth thinking about how long it takes between your light going red & the opposite traffic being on a green - we have one junction locally that as soon as it goes red our way - its on green for the opposing traffic - so only one car can turn right - even though theres room for 2/3 to wait.

So to sum up - if in doubt - plan ahead, wait behind the line if you're not sure.

#6 09-02-05 12:52:12

clive1

I am training for my part2.
When it comes to traffic lights my trainer has drumed into me
NEVER TRUST A GREEN LIGHT
you never know when it will change.

Slow waters run deep

#7 09-02-05 14:20:05

Nimrod

Try explaining to the SE ADI that you didn't proceed on green because you didn't  trust the green light.

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Nim

Board footer