You are not logged in.

#1 08-02-05 14:44:04

chrisdunham

Part 2 lessons and lesson plans

Hi All

I am currently in training for my part 2 test, and as a part of this I am doing lesson plans with diagrams (I am training with BSM by the way)

I have got the lesson plans pretty much down to a tee, but I am struggling with the diagrams. The BSM cd had a lesson plan program on it, but its a royal PITA to use, and looks hideous!  :oops:

Does anyone have any examples of what their plans look like, or what program you use to design the diagrams? I want it to look professional and clear, so when I have my mock test it should be all good  8)

Thanks in advance

Chris  smile

08-02-05 14:44:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 2 lessons and lesson plans

#2 08-02-05 22:11:29

leslie
Verified Member
Website

Hi Chris

Training with BSM also, know what you mean by the CD, totally inadequate for what you need.

Your diagrams are really a duplicate of your lesson plans through illustrations. I've put together all mine using Word, some people use Powerpoint or Excel. If you are fairly good at drawing, try just drawing them, you'll also find yourself updating them as you go along.

If you want, i can send you an example.

Good luck with part 2

Leslie

#3 08-02-05 22:41:12

Nimrod

Why do you need lesson plans for your Part 2 test?? Its a test of YOUR driving ability.

Do you mean Part 3??

Nim

#4 09-02-05 02:05:39

luchell

im with bsm as well, we start assignment 7 lesson plans b4 our theory pass. a week b4 anyhow lol. ive done mine im pleased to say i bought 4 9.99 off ebay lesson plans and diagrams. they were great the pictures anyhow, i didnt like the lesson plans too many words. ive been told thats fine, they liked them. i did my own lesson plans obviously. i think its a great way to do it starting them now as im 3 wks into my part 2 training and like the progress and the way the course links each part together so well. anybody have any views on this?

#5 09-02-05 09:07:47

Nimrod

Hi,

Far be it for me to argue with BSM's training regime but I think that it would be far better to concentrate on my own driving faults/bad habits etc. when preparing for Part 2. 

Seems to me that preparing lesson plans before even passing your theory test is putting the cart before the horse, somewhat.  Rather like preparing for the final exams at Teacher Training college before you've taken your "O" levels.

I am willing to stand corrected on this but it seems a little daft to me!

Nim

#6 09-02-05 10:16:29

chrisdunham

Yeah I must admit i thought it was odd, but thats the way they do it (i assume it is like that nationally!) When I have an on-road session, about the first 10 mins are spent looking through my lesson plans and diagrams, checking that they are OK

Just wanted to make sure they were spot on so i've got a head start for part 3!  8)

Any examples would be great

Cheers

Chris  smile

#7 09-02-05 15:11:16

luchell

i think its great as theres no rushing, you know youve got how ever many months to complete,as far as im concerned its real value for money i am concentrating on my driving but when im at home with study head on i love to get stuck in and learn what i can for the next part. we started looking at the on inhouse one, just before our theory tests. most of the day was for practising the hpt and theory simulations. ive found it excellent they really do see the course as a whole and not part by part. its working for me so i have no complaints

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 09-02-05 16:10:58

dashdriving.com
Website

Hi,

I don't really know much about BSM's training methods for ADI's, but an integrated approach, even at part 1, combining all the skills you need to develop seems to be the best way to go. I'm sure it works very well for most people.

I think it's a great idea to have trainees's looking at lesson plans and creating their own visual aids whilst training for part 2, well before taking the test. It reinforces the main concepts of ms-psl and gives the trainee real confidence in what they're doing. It bridges the gap between part 2 and introduces the concepts of part 3 at an early stage. I even go a bit further - for trainees doing part 1, I quite often go out in the car and teach hazard perception and situational awareness as a 'link' from the part 1 HPT towards the future work at part 2.

regards

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#9 09-02-05 16:26:13

luchell

couldnt agree with you more dash. i love the integrated approach its all centred around the fact that we dont just study for part one etc you just get a feel for where youre going with your training and i think it does help your confidence.

#10 20-02-05 16:20:26

Angie1970

I' training with BSM also, and having a real war with these lesson plans, my coach says I am putting far too much info on them. Should just have P.O.M ect instead of step by step instructions, which at this early stage I feel I need, simply to remind myself to get things right.
Another issue is the diagrams that go with them - we are given a cd rom, but as some of the others have said it really isnt all it should be.
Any hints please guys and girls ?
Many thanks in advance.

#11 20-02-05 22:39:49

luchell

i bought a set of lesson plans and diagrams off ebay. dont like the lesson plans, with ref to them one trainer said i had put too much. my new one is happy with them and says that as time goes on i can whittle them down to what im comfortable with. so thats what im going to do.i did my own lesson plans obviously and will update them when i feel i need less info hope this helps

#12 24-02-05 10:19:39

stdavid
Verified Member
Website

Anyone who is struggling with the BSM CD-ROM diagram program can they say whether they are using Windows XP?

Also I am in the process of writing my own lesson plan software that will allow you to create plan diagrams and compose your briefing notes as well. As soon as I have something worth using I'll let you all know.

If anyone wants to see my lesson plan diagrams

http://www.davidmarkoswald.com/driving

Thanks again

Regards,

David Oswald
http://www.dulas-drive.co.uk/ http://www.webDO/Driving instructors in mid Wales, Powys, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth, Tywyn, Dolgellau, Bala and Barmouth

Board footer