You are not logged in.

#1 08-02-05 00:08:44

luchell

how many manuoevres on part 2 test?

can anyone tell me if all the manouvres listed have to be done on part two test, or do they pick a selection and perhaps there foresee no problem you might only do one reverse? id be greatfull for any answers?i will ask my bsm instructor this sat but id really love to find out before. thanks hayley

08-02-05 00:08:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: how many manuoevres on part 2 test?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 08-02-05 00:47:29

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I'm quite sure, you will have to complete all the basic manoeuvres.

Including, Right hand corner reverse.

#3 08-02-05 00:49:03

luchell

as i suspected but its better to know. thanks

#4 08-02-05 09:01:27

skip qualify
Verified Member

I wasn't asked to do a reverse park

#5 08-02-05 09:29:46

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Come to think about it, i wasn't asked to do a bay park !

#6 08-02-05 11:49:43

Nimrod

On my Part 2, I was asked to do a TIR, Emergency Stop and a Right Hand Reverse. Thats it!

Its probably up to the SE ADI to choose what he wants.

Nim

#7 08-02-05 12:16:56

buzdriver

i think its down to the se but if you are good at them all then you will have no problem .

#8 08-02-05 17:21:15

Natalie

I had to do them all big_smile .  Your lucky

#9 08-02-05 18:02:36

Peter Leigh
Verified Member

All for me as well....

#10 08-02-05 21:39:58

adi chris

Hi luchell.
I've just done my part two, I hade to do all the manouver's exept the parellel parking. :shock:
Just remember your going to be a driving instructor just relax 8)  and show the adi se how good a driver you are.  wink
Hope this helps.

#11 09-02-05 01:58:19

luchell

thanks everyone. i know im a good driver i need to make just a few changes havent got my date for part yet i cant wait, but at the same time im petrified, i guess its that feeling of just three attempts, i dread failing incase its like the end of the world lol.starting learning the manouvers on sat i used to be great at them, but time will tell. anybody find their trainer being to stern turned them in to an idiot asking whether i should change down b4 a particular bend. i was told im an experienced driver not an idiot lol. i just go all funny for some reason im going with a freindlier sounding guy on sat onwards anybody think that will help me? any tips id much appreciate.

#12 10-02-05 00:18:21

disappointed

Forget the three attempts, because you probably won't need 'em!

Just try to relax and remember that all the SE wants to see is how you normally drive, that's all. They won't ask you to do anything that your Instructor hasn't already covered with you and that you both know you can do correctly.

Don't rush....take your time and ask about anything you're unsure of. For example, if you're not sure which road the Examiner means, ask him/her..."You mean that one after the blue car?"...etc. When the Examiner gives you the brief for a manouever and then asks you to drive on when ready, don't charge into it.....think about what you're going to do first, then do it.

Above all, don't change anything just because it's a test! Anything that might have been wrong before will have been spotted and corrected by your Instructor, so what's left has to be correct! I've known of a PDI who went out on test and came back with 15 minor faults, 9 of which were for failure to make progress where appropriate. The SE said on the debrief that whenever they came to a higher speed limit, it took forever to get speed up to the new limit, hence the faults. When asked why, the PDI said: "Well, I thought I'd better take it more slowly because I'd got an Examiner in the car with me!!!" WRONG!

Just do what you normally do and don't try to fix what ain't broken.

Best of Luck!

Board footer